UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I bought Evangelion on second run, but I got this email today:

As things stand, your order is one of the first 1,000 received on our store, and so your order should be shipped as soon as possible once this stock arrives with us

So... A lot of people canceled our orders or what? xD

I bought Evangelion on second run, but I got this email today:

As things stand, your order is one of the first 1,000 received on our store, and so your order should be shipped as soon as possible once this stock arrives with us

So... A lot of people canceled our orders or what? xD
Not sure. I haven't received an email about it yet and ordered within the first 10 minutes.

I bought it 1h:07m after it went up and I'm getting my order in January. Oh well.

Curious to see how widespread the issues are. Hope people here will chime in with their experience.

I got an email saying I was in the frist 1000 and then a correction email saying I wasn't (not surprising as I cancelled my original order and re-ordered later that night to use the Anime Unlimited code), not bothered tbh, more time to decide if I want it or not.

I received a dispatch e-mail last Friday regarding the On-Gaku CE, but the tracking number provided to me doesn't work on the Royal Mail website, stating "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference (insert tracking number here). Please try again tomorrow.". I'm guessing it could be due to a combination of COVID and the Christmas rush. I'll keep on checking.

I received a dispatch e-mail last Friday regarding the On-Gaku CE, but the tracking number provided to me doesn't work on the Royal Mail website, stating "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference (insert tracking number here). Please try again tomorrow.". I'm guessing it could be due to a combination of COVID and the Christmas rush. I'll keep on checking.
Sounds like they haven't collected the package from the distribution centre yet.

I got an initial email saying I'm not in the initial 1,000 and then a correction to say I am. Will there be a third email? Is it a double-bluff?! At least I know that I either am or aren't one of the famous 1,000, so I'm glad that's cleared up.

I couldn't help but laugh that the correction email had an unfortunate typo in 'apologies'.

Screenshot_20211206-105150_1.jpg
Just when you thought Zavvi had cornered the market on confusing their customers. 😅

I've been having the same issue with an Amazon Marketplace parcel that was 'dispatched' last Tuesday. Amazon tells me it will be delivered by 8pm tonight while Track and Trace tells me

"Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference QT681937649GB . Please try again tomorrow."

I guess Royal Maul is broken.

He he, the same: "NOTE: Due to an error in our mailing list, you may have received an initial message which differs from the one below - this is the CORRECT update on the status of your order, so please disregard the previous message. Apologies for the error."

I got an initial email saying I'm not in the initial 1,000 and then a correction to say I am. Will there be a third email? Is it a double-bluff?! At least I know that I either am or aren't one of the famous 1,000, so I'm glad that's cleared up.

I couldn't help but laugh that the correction email had an unfortunate typo in 'apologies'.

View attachment 22007
Just when you thought Zavvi had cornered the market on confusing their customers. 😅
michael-scott-creasing-forehead (1).gif

Maybe.

I'll apoogize if wrong, of course.

I guess I'm being punished because I got my Zavvi UK Collector's Edition set in the early batch sent out - I won't be getting my UE copy until January. 😢

But then, that's because I ordered the US Ultimate Edition set...

Anyway, as for today's Early Bird CE announcement - I'm planning on getting 6 of the 11 EB CE's during the holiday sale, and so far they've announced 4 of the 5 titles I'm not getting, so in keeping with my unfortunate luck, I predict the title announcing today will be My Hime, the final title I am not interested in. 😤

Last edited:
Back