Your viewing journal

SAKUGAN episode 7 Delirium.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 20 Planning.

Monogatari Final Season: Owarimonogatari Second Season episodes 13-15 & Monogatari Final Season: Zoku Owarimonogatari episodes 1-6 (Complete. That was quite the ride working my way through this expansive franchise and I generally found it entertaining and enjoyable.) 4/5

The Dragon From Russia (1990)

Much to my amusement, I didn’t realise until a good 15-20 minutes in that this is actually a Hong Kong live-action adaptation of classic hitman manga Crying Freeman. The film is often criticised for squeezing comedy scenes into a serious story, but I think it kinda works here; it’s a surprisingly fun take on the slightly po-faced material, and benefits from some impressive location shooting in Russia (surely one of the last overseas films to do so before the collapse of the USSR). My only complaint is that I think, without prior knowledge of the story, it might be difficult to follow - the producers saw fit to cut nearly an hour from the initial version, apparently losing a lot of explanatory dialogue in the process.

Baka and Test Series 1: very silly but fun. I was worried after the first episode that is was going to be ranking battles, but they went in a different direction. I still have questions about the whole concept (so I bought the second series last night just to find out). :)
Street Fighter Alpha: Oh dear. Many thing I could say about this, but I fear there could be fans of the franchise out there (just as there must be fans of the Transformer movies, or they wouldn't keep churning them out). I decided I didn't need to watch Street Fighter II.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Death and Rebirth: Not a bit fan of this franchise (sorry, but I prefer comedy), but who was this aimed at? Anyone watching it without having seen the series would be totally mystified, while people who enjoy the series would prefer to watch the series again rather than this highlights reel.

Let’s Make a Mug Too episode 8 Performances.

Selection Project episode 8 Heart.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 7 Sensei.

Mr. Osomatsu episodes 2-19

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 3

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 8

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 8

Selection Project Episode 8

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Episode 8

Eromanga Sensei Episodes 1 -12

Interesting set-up for a series, little bit of fan service but nothing that over the top (excluding a couple scenes in the last episode).

I assume both their parents died in an accident leaving the two minors in charge of an unseen person

Urusei Yatsura 5 - The Final Battle: I understood (most of) the plot for once! Very much a recapitulation of the beginning of the series (from Wikipedia as the actual episodes are hard to find). One more movie to go after this.
Inu Yasha episodes 1-12: Quite enjoyable start to a series that runs to over 190 episodes and 4 movies. Do I want to spend around £200 to see the whole thing on BluRay? Hmmm. If I want a quest to reunite shattered fragments of a spell/object, I could always revisit Tsubasa or Those Who Hunt Elves, couldn't I? Something to think about once I've watched the last of my current pending pile.

Final Fantasy VII - Dirge Of Cerberus: Obviously a cheap Chinese rip-off copy filmed in a cinema, I think, as the English subtitles are barely visible at the bottom of the screen. Lasted two minutes. Not even worth inflicting on a charity shop.

Urusei Yatsura 6 - Always My Darling: Ah, has there ever been a tale involving a love potion that doesn't go embarrassingly wrong? Good finale to the movie set.

Kanon episodes 13-24: I think they sacked the subtitlers halfway though this set as suddenly Nayuki was Michelle or Ming Xue, Yuichi was anything from Yum Cha to Lord, and Shiori somehow became Violin! Spelling, typos and just wrong translations, yet it still packed an emotional punch. Must buy a decent copy. And I'll just warn you it's definitely a box of tissues job for the series. PS Maybe if the girls wore appropriate winter clothing, they wouldn't get sick so often.

Final Fantasy VII - Dirge Of Cerberus: Obviously a cheap Chinese rip-off copy filmed in a cinema, I think, as the English subtitles are barely visible at the bottom of the screen. Lasted two minutes. Not even worth inflicting on a charity shop.
as far as I know Dirge of Cerberus was only a game released on the PS2 Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - Wikipedia

only films done for Final Fantasy 7 are Advent Children and Last Order Compilation of Final Fantasy VII - Wikipedia

Attachments

• 20211120_222510.jpg
    20211120_222510.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 1
Let's Make a Mug Too s2 e8
Family pressure.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale ep 7
Sensei.

Blue Period ep 7
Recapturing those first feelings.

The Aquatope on White Sand ep 20
Crushed.

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 7 Knight.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 6 Alias.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 8 View from a bridge.

My Senpai is Annoying episode 7 Sketchbook.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 16 Traps.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 7 Gossip.

Mr. Osomatsu episodes 20-25 (Complete. A mixed bag of ideas and skits that sometimes worked and sometimes left me cold to the antics on-screen. I may watch the second season and movie eventually though to see how they fare.) 3/5

Kanon episodes 13-24: I think they sacked the subtitlers halfway though this set as suddenly Nayuki was Michelle or Ming Xue, Yuichi was anything from Yum Cha to Lord, and Shiori somehow became Violin! Spelling, typos and just wrong translations, yet it still packed an emotional punch. Must buy a decent copy. And I'll just warn you it's definitely a box of tissues job for the series. PS Maybe if the girls wore appropriate winter clothing, they wouldn't get sick so often.

I wish someone would release Kanon on BD in the US at least so I could import a reasonably priced copy of the show in HD (with dub and sub, I like both for this show) :)

Seitokai Yakuindomo season 2 and movie
More hilarious and ridiculous antics from the gang. It frequently had me laughing and was so silly and fun.

Cowboy Bebop live action
Well I liked it. I feel theres a weird intense gatekeeping going on from many people slating it. Faye and Jet were especially great. It has this cartoony very stylized look that gave me Sin City vibes that I really enjoyed. Its not perfect by any means but it's a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 225 Taking it seriously.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train Arc episode 6 Stand.

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut episode 8 Focus.

Mieruko-chan episode 8 Second try.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season episode 19 Letter.

Mysteria Friends (Rewatch) episodes 1-10 (Complete. As with my initial viewing I found this series to have some nice atmospheric moments if not offering too much in terms of story.) 3/5

Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water (Rewatch)
episodes 1-12

Last edited:
Back