Your viewing journal

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 12

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 43

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episode 5 Alone.

Mieruko-chan Episode 5 A felow spirit seer.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season Episode 16 Weary reunion.

Marmalade Boy episodes 54-76 (Complete. My overall thoughts on this series are mixed. The melodramatic and repetitive storytelling rarely did any favours to the characters and their development, especially towards the end where I felt the overall quality of the series dropped and the drama became even more tedious. When the story wanted to be subtler with its plot however, I found it more entertaining.) 3/5

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it more but am impressed that you stuck with it to the end considering your overall impression. I'll always love it though (and for the record I only saw it for the first time in the last 3 or 4 years, so it's not something that my attachment to can be attributed to nostalgia) :)

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Episodes 12-22 (dubbed for everything except the last three eps where I switched to subbed) (COMPLETE) - Lovely series, though I wouldn't put it on a par with the original, I hope they make a season 2!

K-On!! (Season 2) Episodes 18-22 (subbed) - while I think the dub for this is good and I give them credit for the lack of nails-on-a-chalkboard voices, the sub is better IMO, so I'm going with that for the rest of the series now. This continues to be very cute and in places laugh out loud funny. Not my fave SOL but definitely up there :)

Last edited:
AMAIM: Warriors at the Borderline - Episodes 3 & 4

I'm quite enjoying this, especially now they're adding a bit more context to the world.

Sakugan - Episode 3

Sakura Wars - Episodes 1 - 4 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Sakura Wars has always felt like a bit of an omission in my viewing history and I picked up the TV series in a recent RightStuf sale so decided to start working through the OVAs. This first one is a really likeable OVA, it was obviously doing a lot of set up work but easy and enjoyable and I love that 90's aesthetic that it has.

Legend of Lemnear

This is another of those 'made because it could be made' OVAs from the late 80s. It was straight forward and rather simple but still an enjoyable 45 minute fantasy action romp.

Last edited:
Sakura Wars - Episodes 1 - 4 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Funnily enough, I've been playing the original Saturn game with the help of a fan-translation lately and I'd been wondering about checking out the OVAs myself. I'll probably wait until I've finished the game first, but I've been thoroughly charmed by it so far - it has that same kind of light-hearted, knockabout energy as something like Slayers.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made episode 5 Cheering up.

The Vampire dies in No Time episode 5 Playthings.

Mayo Chiki! episodes 1-13 (Complete. A comedy series in which the lead character being surrounded by girls is actually to his detriment. It was a decent enough watch.) 3/5

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (English Dub) Episode 1-2

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Episode 5

Komi Can't Communicate Episode 4

My Neighbour Totoro (rewatch, Streamline dub) - Was really nice to finally see this with the older dub, and I'd put it on equal footing with the Disney dub overall :)

K-On!! Season 2 (rewatch, subbed) Episodes 23-25 - Still enjoying this a lot, I plan to finish up the series and movie today :)

takt op.Destiny episode 5 Train talk.

I also watched The Return of the King (Extended Edition) tonight with the cast commentary track.

Blood: The Last Vampire

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero
s3 e5
History lesson.

RUMBLE GARANNDOLL ep 4
Idol battery and tough first gig.

Mieruko-chan ep 5
Ghost friend and helping out.
Was going to drop this right up to the twist ending last week as it was getting a bit repetitive and good to see it seems to be continuing to be different from the earlier episodes.

Ping-Pong the Animation ep 1

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated ep 13
Beach and a changed woman.

Let's Make a Mug Too s2 e5
Retail therapy.

86 s2 e5
Large scale assault.

takt op.Destiny ep 5
Train ride.

Pride of Orange ep 5
Recruitment plan.

Yesterday:
Lupin III The First: Good fun action packed (but far fetched from an astrophysics perspective) plot, and I liked the hour long audio chat with the US VA's as an extra
Liz and the Blue Bird:
lovely music, not too sure I liked the plot as it was a bit stalkerish.
Miss Hokusai (again)
Today:
Porgy & Bess (Met Opera)
The Makioka Sisters (again)

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 5 Comrade.

The Heike Story episode 8 Flee.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 5 Invitation.

Megazone 23 An entertaining if flawed sci-fi series wherein each part takes on a distinct style due to featuring different directors and the third part being more of a successor than sequel to the first two. Overall I am happy to have backed the Kickstarter project from AnimEigo. 3.5/5

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (English Dub) Episode 3

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 46

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 5

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 5

K-On!! (Season 2) Episodes 26-27 COMPLETE (subbed, rewatch) - really glad I finally finished rewatching the series :)

K-On! The Movie (subbed, rewatch) - a delight, great finale to the series, and was fun to see them explore London :)

Maria Watches Over Us Episodes 12-13 (subbed, rewatch)- Really interesting series with the social and class dynamics and the characters, I've started S2 now as well (on the first ep of S2) :)

SDF Macross Episodes 22-26 (ADV uncut dub) - Keen to see how the final 10 episodes play out :)

Maria Watches Over Us Episodes 12-13 (subbed, rewatch)- Really interesting series with the social and class dynamics and the characters, I've started S2 now as well (on the first ep of S2) :)

I'm right at the same spot as you with this series, I finished season 1 and just started season 2, although this is my first time seeing it. I started watching it online about a month ago and then ordered the Blu-ray set during a Sentai Sale, so I have that now as well.

Latest title from my backlog (might have taken me over the last couple weeks with a couple episodes a night, must try and get into the habit of watching more again)

Granblue Fantasy Episodes 1 - 12 & OVA 1 +2

Interesting concept for a series, based on a game judging by Wikipedia. Although unlike some titles I'm not being drawn to trying to locate the 2nd series.

OVAs threw me a bit off guard as the main character changed from a boy to a girl with the standard fan service swimsuit episode

Back