Legal Streaming for Autumn 2021 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

Before I start, the AL film has changed on Crunchyroll again. It is now Mai Mai Miracle:

Now for my Autumn list. Usual caveats I've put question marks next to a fair few and there also seems to be a fair few originals which can be hit or miss. Also I didn't rate the first seasons of a couple the sequels, so...

New
Blade Runner: Black Lotus
Blue Period
Can I Make Your Ears Happy in 180 Seconds?
Komi Can't Communicate
Mieruko-chan
My Senpai is Annoying
Platinum End
Puraore! Pride of Orange
Rumble Garanndoll
Sakugan
Taisho Otome Fairy Tale
Takt Op.Destiny
The Heike Story
World's End Harem

Sequels
86 s2
Aggretsuko s4
Demon Slayer s2
Let's Make a Mug Too s2
The Ancient Magus' Bride: The Boy From the West and the Knight of the Blue Storm
The Way of the Househusband s2
Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter

Continuing
Fena: Pirate Princess (technically)
The Aquatope on White Sand
The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated

As usual I'm giving a lot more focus to the physical backlog this year (and just generally very very tired of how much anime is being produced these days) so I'll only be checking out a few series.

- Demon Slayer Season 2
- Waccha PriMagi!
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean
- Komi Can't Communicate
- Sakugan
- Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter
- Puraore! Pride of Orange

And continuing
- Love Live! Superstar!!

Last edited:
Funimation in recent days have added the following to their Autumn 2021 simulcast line-up:
  • AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline (Kyoukai Senki)
  • Deep Insanity THE LOST CHILD
  • MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO
  • Tesla Note

More Funimation updates:

Japanese anime series PuraOre! ~Pride of Orange~ will simulcast.

Chinese donghua series Drowning Sorrows in Raging Fire (Lie Huo Jiao Chou) will simulcast as part of Funi's partnership with bilibili.

As of right now!

So is this the crunchy merger kicking in or did Funi always have it and had to wait?
The monopolerger. Crunchyroll owns the rights to Jujutsu Kaisen so it's being added onto Funimation. Viz is still doing the Blu-rays (which isn't particularly great when you consider how In/Spectre turned out).

Or it was a trade - JJK for Demon Slayer

Or it was the monopoly.

Welcome to business contracts and mergers XD

(I still think JJK is better than Demon Slayer :p )

Shame but I would rather they spend additional time improving the production than air it now when Studio Gokumi has Yuki Yuna Season 3 this season which could have affected the adaptation. Either way, the manga is one of Shonen Jump Plus' more popular titles so they probably should make sure the adaptation is good enough in order to avoid backlash (I don't mind censorship if it means the Blu-rays are uncensored/extended either way).

Spotted on my Netflix feed but couldn't find it in the list of titles (apologises if I'm blind) but there's a film called 'Drifting Home' listed, no date yet.
20211008_213011.jpg

Also spotted the trailer for 'Super Crooks' which despite having a terrible name actually looks great!

Spotted on my Netflix feed but couldn't find it in the list of titles (apologises if I'm blind) but there's a film called 'Drifting Home' listed, no date yet.

Also spotted the trailer for 'Super Crooks' which despite having a terrible name actually looks great!
Yeah Drifting Home is the next upcoming film by Studio Colorido which is scheduled for 2022.

Super Crooks is Studio Bones adapting a Mark Millar comic book, out this November and also has me interested.

Back