What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I only buy sketches on paper which they make before the actual cels on plastic sheets. Those are easy to preserve. I just stick them in a plastic bag/vinyl sleeve and store them in a portfolio/box.

For example Bleach is a digitaly made anime, but they still used hand painted sketches that they scanned and painted digitally. The gengas are a bit more rough but more colorful and then the final version(douga) is the polished sketch with just line work that they scan.

I've been buying them from other collectors who purchased them from Japan a long time ago and they're part of big sets so I'm sure they're real. Fakes aren't that usual for series like Bleach which isn't too expensive yet. It's more common for big hitters like Ghibli and DBZ and more specifically the cels.

Edit: Yahoo Japan is a good place to look around for any series you like. There's a lot of cheap series as well if you don't want to invest too much money in it.
That was super detailed and helpful thank you!

Today I received another parcel from Amazon Japan. The Garo movie "Gekkitou No Tabibito" (Moonbow Traveller/Under the Moonbow) absolutely love the Garo franchise and pretty much anything Keita Amemiya works on. This is the only Japanese Garo blu ray I know of that has English subtitles.

Does anyone on the forum know why the US label Kraken releasing seems to no longer be acquiring new liscences or even updating their website? did they have money problems? They were set to release all of Garo in the US but only managed to put out 2 series, two specials and a movie before going completely radio silent in 2018.20210910_192834.jpg20210910_192848.jpg

Last edited:
Would you recommend this (I assume new) Nihei work if I really enjoyed Knights of Sidonia (the KoS manga, which I have read all of?) :)
I havent actually read any of it yet so I camt really say but I've loved everything else hes put out. The general impression I have is if you like one of his works you'll probably like them all.

What I'll add though is that vol 1 and 2 seem to be getting harder to find. 1 I had to get from ebay to have it at a normal price. Vol 8 comes out in jan and is the final volume.

Would you recommend this (I assume new) Nihei work if I really enjoyed Knights of Sidonia (the KoS manga, which I have read all of?) :)
I was reading this previously in crunchyroll manga but recall that apart from the first chapter, the early ones are missing but the recent ones uploaded. I recall it being very much in the vein of KoS, and lighter themed with comedy elements as opposed to his older manga but as @WMD mentioned, if you like his works in general you will most likely enjoy this one as well.

20210913_125816.jpg

September haul, so far. Got a couple of cheap steelbooks for movies that I wanted ever since they came out. The Spider Man one has a 4k copy, too.

Vinyls for Japanese sweethearts Boris - Flood and Texmex rockers Low Flying Hawks - Kofuku.

Finally, the second part of Jojo Golden Wind and the DVD for Ping Pong - The Movie (@Neil.T winkwinkwinkwink - primed and ready for the complete ping pong visual experience)!

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

I had pretty much camped 🏕️ outside my house to receive this treasure. Can't believe it's finally here 🎉

Mobile notifications on "silent" and responsibilities out the window 👍 My fate is now bound to this beautiful adventure.

View attachment 20849View attachment 20850

PACKAGE DROP
「week start ver.」
Starting this week off with Fate goods ⚔️

💿 BLU-RAY

IMG_20210913_122912.jpg
As always @farzam1999 providing the best sets 🔥
For more great stuff see Farzam's updated page below 👇

💃 FIGURE

IMG_20210913_122351.jpg
Newest addition to the shrine of fluffiness 🛐

IMG_20210913_122944.jpg
Nendoroid Okita Souji DX ver looking amazing especially with her wholesome face plate expression 🐰

1.jpg

Todays Arrival is 86 -Eighty Six- Volume 1

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

Containing one blu-ray featuring the first two episodes, the set also contains a booklet with interviews, a booklet with character and location art, and a spinoff novella by series creator Asato Asato titled "86 -Eighty Six- Magical Girl Regina ☆ Lena ~Fight! Galactic Navigating Battleship San Magnolia".

Will be curious to see what happens with this as, since it isn't a AoA series, a path for an English home video release remains unclear, but I am happy to, slowly, collect the rest of these.

Back