The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

With the stock issues being a thing for the past 7-8 months, it seems Xbox owners may have some luck for once because Amazon is now allowing folks to order the Xbox Series X right now (£449.99, no overpriced scalper nonsense) and is expecting stock on 29th June. Don't know how long it'll last but it's a good sign given these things usually only last like 2 mins.

(Disclaimer: The link is affiliated)

The Legend of Heroes returns!

Forgot to add this next installment... 🙃

kuro_w600.png

The game marks the second half of the Trails series, set in Calvard. The story is set in S.1208, a year after Trails into Reverie.

The Legend Of Heroes: Kuro No Kiseki - First PV Trailer / 30.09.2021 RELEASE

SAHO: Never really could get into Falcom games like YS and Trails series. I've heard the stories are pretty good but the gameplay is a real deal-breaker to me. I feel the gameplay+visuals are somewhat copy and paste throughout the years.

However, this entry feels truly fresh and brings a whole new direction towards Falcom vision with new releases. Not only are the graphics improved noticeably. The implementation of Action RPG and Turn-based combat is very innovative. I may have to give this series a go from this point. Noice job Falcom 👍

Last edited:
Forgot to add this next installment... 🙃

View attachment 19542

The game marks the second half of the Trails series, set in Calvard. The story is set in S.1208, a year after Trails into Reverie.

The Legend Of Heroes: Kuro No Kiseki - First PV Trailer / 30.09.2021 RELEASE

SAHO: Never really could get into Falcom games like YS and Trails series. I've heard the stories are pretty good but the gameplay is a real deal-breaker to me. I feel the gameplay+visuals are somewhat copy and paste throughout the years.

However, this entry feels truly fresh and brings a whole new direction towards Falcom vision with new releases. Not only are the graphics improved noticeably. The implementation of Action RPG and Turn-based combat is very innovative. I may have to give this series a go from this point. Noice job Falcom 👍
So is the Kuro no Kiseki 30th Sept date Japan or World? Trailers fully in English but really doesn't make anything clear 🤔 and if its not wouldn't that be 5 games for 2022 & 2023...

So is the Kuro no Kiseki 30th Sept date Japan or World? Trailers fully in English but really doesn't make anything clear 🤔 and if its not wouldn't that be 5 games for 2022 & 2023...
The date for Kuro no Kiseki is for Japan only. It usually takes a Trails game (going by experience with Cold Steel) 2 years from release in Japan to a western release.

I'll be getting all those games. Wanted to play Crossbell story but it was PC only with an English patch from GeoFront. Soon as it got a PS4 release in Japan I was hoping it'd come west. Glad NISA and GeoFront are working together on the localisation.

The date for Kuro no Kiseki is for Japan only. It usually takes a Trails game (going by experience with Cold Steel) 2 years from release in Japan to a western release.

I'll be getting all those games. Wanted to play Crossbell story but it was PC only with an English patch from GeoFront. Soon as it got a PS4 release in Japan I was hoping it'd come west. Glad NISA and GeoFront are working together on the localisation.
Yeah I did a bit of digging, Kuro takes place after Reverie (I think) so we're looking at 2024 minimum.
Just completely threw me off as to why they'd do the trailer completely in English!?!?! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I had the same problem. I've played the early part of Trails in the Sky, but got bored when I saw it was just a basic adventurer's guild story of doing jobs off a noticeboard. I tried the demo of one of the Trails of Cold Steel games, but that just looked like a basic military academy setup.

Yeah, I had the same problem. I've played the early part of Trails in the Sky, but got bored when I saw it was just a basic adventurer's guild story of doing jobs off a noticeboard. I tried the demo of one of the Trails of Cold Steel games, but that just looked like a basic military academy setup.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Good to know I'm not alone in thinking along the same line 😁✌️ Hopefully the new entry will steer away from this.

Though the wait for an English release...⏳☠️⏳
2j75pc.jpg

Nintendo Switch (OLED model) – announcement trailer

Meet the newest addition to the Nintendo Switch family!

Releasing October 8th, Nintendo Switch (OLED model) brings the versatility of the Nintendo Switch experience with a new vibrant 7-inch OLED screen, a wide adjustable stand, and more.

Nintendo Switch (OLED model) – announcement trailer

Meet the newest addition to the Nintendo Switch family!

Releasing October 8th, Nintendo Switch (OLED model) brings the versatility of the Nintendo Switch experience with a new vibrant 7-inch OLED screen, a wide adjustable stand, and more.
That is literally the video equivalent of 🤷‍♂️
Who is this for?! The millions of people who already own one and want the exact same machine with an extra half inch.
I understand why they didn't announce this at E3 lol

I don't own a Nintendo Switch so it's for me ohohoho
Apparently they haven't even upgraded the joy-cons, so brace yourself for drift, if you're lucky enough to click the Buy button faster than thousands of scalper-bots and are able to get one.

Anyway, in more interesting news, the sequel to magical girl simulator Blue Reflection got its first trailer and a 21st October release date (I don't know if that's only the JP date for now). It's been confirmed to be coming to Europe at some point though. Content warning: contains multiple scenes of uncensored hand-holding.

I don't own a Nintendo Switch so it's for me ohohoho
Yeah totally agree, it's for people who don't currently have one but, and I don't mean this in a bad way, you're in the gaming minority.
With all the gaming insiders bigging up a 'New Switch Pro' that's gonna be 4K and gonna look like Zelda running on a PS4 this falls massively flat for a lot of people 🤷‍♂️
Also you've also got to take into account that this might not be a NEW switch Pro but how long before there is? 1 year? Less? If I didn't have a Switch at this point I'd probably wait for the OLED to come out and the price of the original to drop and get that instead 🤷‍♂️

Yeah totally agree, it's for people who don't currently have one but, and I don't mean this in a bad way, you're in the gaming minority.
With all the gaming insiders bigging up a 'New Switch Pro' that's gonna be 4K and gonna look like Zelda running on a PS4 this falls massively flat for a lot of people 🤷‍♂️
Also you've also got to take into account that this might not be a NEW switch Pro but how long before there is? 1 year? Less? If I didn't have a Switch at this point I'd probably wait for the OLED to come out and the price of the original to drop and get that instead 🤷‍♂️
Yeah. The main reason why I did not buy a Switch sooner was because Nintendo has a track record of putting out newer models and I got screwed over by the 3DS (and in Sony's case the PS4) due to that. I expect Nintendo is saving the whole 4K stuff for their successor model instead but I'm happy to go for the OLED not just for a portable aspect that closely resembles the Vita's first model (which was OLED for those who don't know or remember) but also for the 64 GB Internal storage which the more space the better.

Apparently they haven't even upgraded the joy-cons, so brace yourself for drift, if you're lucky enough to click the Buy button faster than thousands of scalper-bots and are able to get one.

Anyway, in more interesting news, the sequel to magical girl simulator Blue Reflection got its first trailer and a 21st October release date (I don't know if that's only the JP date for now). It's been confirmed to be coming to Europe at some point though. Content warning: contains multiple scenes of uncensored hand-holding.

mv_logo.png

For those looking to pre-order the limited sets. Many variations with benefits by store

Premium box
product02.jpg

Special Collection Box
product03.jpg
* The special collection box is sold exclusively at Gust Shop, GAMECITY, Amazon.co.jp, and Sofmap.

Back