What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

One of my favourite films, recently bought it on Blu-ray and gave my nephew my old 2-disc DVD set as a present... he just wanted to play with the discs spinning them on the hubs and taking them out and then putting them back 😅 It was utterly adorable though, like when cats just wanna sit in the box and don't care about the soft plushy cat bed that you got 'em! 🥰🤣
Lol, I bought the 4k disk for hdr. The added colours are a treat.

Recently been getting into Ultraman lately which I’m fairly new to. So whilst currently watching the official uploads of Ultraman Z and Cosmos I decided to buy some of the Mill Creek releases.

Today came from Amazon Japan( Could not find them on Amazon UK or US in stock at the time.)
UltraSeven, Ultraman X and Ultraman Geed
53157CCE-C04A-43E2-94D7-25E4B3818749.jpeg

And here are all the sets I got so far( Watched Ginga and currently watching Ginga S & Ultraman(1966))
BEDDC3BF-802E-456B-9BCB-792D91AAB028.jpeg

Recently been getting into Ultraman lately which I’m fairly new to. So whilst currently watching the official uploads of Ultraman Z and Cosmos I decided to buy some of the Mill Creek releases.

Today came from Amazon Japan( Could not find them on Amazon UK or US in stock at the time.)
View attachment 19362

And here are all the sets I got so far( Watched Ginga and currently watching Ginga S & Ultraman(1966))
View attachment 19363
i kinda want to get into this series after enjoying the 2 gridman anime series but i know it's going to be an bad expensive idea lol

View attachment 19365
View attachment 19364
View attachment 19366
A trio of UHD releases arrived today from HMV. Sadly the IJ set looks like a rogue Boulder bashed one of its corners.
i assume you bought these because you had a 4ktv and 4k player but just incase you bought them for future proofing, the blu-rays in the BTTF set may be the old discs rather than the new scans

i assume you bought these because you had a 4ktv and 4k player but just incase you bought them for future proofing, the blu-rays in the BTTF set may be the old discs rather than the new scans
Yeah I have both, and from what I’ve hear the Blu Rays in the set are actually new remasters. The Indiana Jones set just repackages the existing Blu Rays though.

pAG14sDh.jpg

Today's arrival is Nam Nai Choi's Erotic Ghost Story (聊齋艷譚) from distributor 88 Films presented in a delxue limited edition Blu-ray package. This is the distributor's first film as part of their Category III line-up, which for those unfamiliar is centred towards Hong Kong films that were rated Category III due to extreme violence or sex. The booklet goes into more detail about the rating as well as the film's history.

UPDATE: This release is now going out of print, as 88 Films has sold out of its stock and will release a standard edition on its site soon. The deluxe limited edition had 2000 units in total.

Coming in July & August under Category III are Jamie Luk Kin-ming's Robotrix and Nam Nai Choi's Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.

iSWjaDWh.jpg

k5I4HwMh.jpg

jOUNymeh.jpg

u7Jz7p3h.jpg

9O1dvoDh.jpg

05CZ6h9h.jpg

O6foNRZh.jpg

NmxPbBmh.jpg

ff13Hcah.jpg

2yBV0thh.jpg

btAqIUDh.jpg

Last edited:
IMAG0165.jpg
I freaked out a bit when I saw the back of the box for Witchblade stated it was only 12 episodes on 2 discs, but thankfully it's just a typo; the set has all 24 episodes (on 3 discs). Despite being an upscale, it's a massive improvement over the picture quality of the old US DVDs, since those were very blurry and aliased. I'll be keeping the DVDs though, since they have fantastic metallic packaging with lots of highly cultured artwork.

As Amazon had their 'My Erotic Ghost Story Snafu' with changing names and release dates mine ended up at £18 so I kept that pre order instead of switching to 88's site. So I'll wait patiently for the actual release date like a peasant 😔
Yeah it's worth holding on to that Amazon order now since 88 Films don't have stock for the LE as it sold out.

View attachment 19362

View attachment 19363
Ginga is often considered one of the weakest Ultra shows, due to the limitations caused by its exceptionally low budget, so I hope it didn't put you off the franchise. You'll see a major uptick in the quality of effects and action direction from X onward. X is also tied with Nexus as one of my favourite Ultra series overall, though you have some other great ones there, particularly Orb and Ultraseven.

As you say, it's a pain trying to get them on Amazon at the moment; some are only on the UK site, others only on the US one, and some aren't on either.

Yeah it's worth holding on to that Amazon order now since 88 Films don't have stock for the LE as it sold out.
Yeah I noticed their FB post. I always pre-order on Amazon (just in case) then cancel when it goes up for pre-order on their site. This one just happened to drop in price quite a bit.

Back