What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Torn slipcover now good as new with this one weird trick: Amazon sent a replacement!
IMAG0157.jpg
I'd forgotten how automated the Amazon return/refund process is. I'm sure there have been times in the past where I've discussed a problem with an actual human being, but the current process doesn't ask for proof of the damage before authorising the return, and doesn't wait for you to return it before sending the replacement. There was no leeway for negotiating a discount off the damaged copy, and I couldn't be bothered with going outside the official return channel to discuss it. Sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not; I'm just glad I have a complete copy in good condition without any fuss.

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

View attachment 18779

🎮 GAME / 💢 ANIME
(Trying not to have a heart attack x2)

It's finally here!!! The next mainline entry I've been anticipating for so long 👀🔥
Capcom is back at it again with the legendary horror game franchise.

Though I have to say, since RE 2 Remake, these Collector's Edition prices are getting crazy especially when the actual physical content decreases 🤔

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

💢Anime / 🎮Game / 💃Figure

Polish_20210515_160049392.png
Already a week since I've last posted on this thread. Been setting a budget for myself as I have a lot of upcoming pre-orders this year.

A UK CE, Saitama Nendoroid 😍 and 2 Japanese game imports. I've ordered MGS2 from YES!JAPAN although it was supposed to come with the Premium Package but guess that didn't happen. Refunded fully so all is good and their catalog is great so I'd be happy shop with them again. Conception 1 PSP still brand new and sealed (I miss the PSP days, those were the good times 😢)

I received The Truly Devious Trilogy by Maureen Johnson in a parcel that was supposed to contain the Monogatari 2nd Season Light Novel Boxset! Thanks Wordery. 🤦‍♂️

In today’s episode, ayase receives his first full-time paycheque in nearly ten years. Does he pay down his credit card like a sensible adult, or does he use his new employed status to get a 0% balance transfer deal for six months and take a trip to the big city to splurge on anime and manga? The answer may surprise you.

But most likely it will not.
63C4E06C-E23B-4B1E-B695-B40BBB59A9F0.jpeg

In today’s episode, ayase receives his first full-time paycheque in nearly ten years. Does he pay down his credit card like a sensible adult, or does he use his new employed status to get a 0% balance transfer deal for six months and take a trip to the big city to splurge on anime and manga? The answer may surprise you.

But most likely it will not.
View attachment 18935

This isn't meant rudely ayase, but how old are you? (I feel bad for asking you don't have to answer that if you don't wanna!) I'm 32 and still not great with money but working on it. I hope you enjoy your animu and mango purchases, I've always been curious about Mermaid Saga, and I loved the Knights of Sidonia manga though I wasn't as keen on the anime. I really wish they would licence and release the original Kino's Journey novel series in an official English translated version as physical books, I've been waiting ever since I saw and fell in love with the first anime series! Patema and Jin-Roh are great movies as well, and Made in Abyss is an incredible anime (have preordered DOTDS as well). Do you like Ah My Goddess at all or did you get Toppy GP for another reason?

Today came Chi’s Sweet Home Volume 7 Limited edition(Japanese release only.) Bought it only for the OVA really got the Manga digitally in a sale a while back. Doesn’t hurt to have a Manga Volume physically though as I love Konami’s work.
E23EBE14-135E-4AFA-93F1-7B882C10C51C.jpeg

Chi's Sweet Home: Chi to Kocchi, Deau OVA and Manga Volume 7379CAB3C-6EA4-48D8-B872-7982F990EF10.jpeg
Also Medicine Cases(?)
98414D1E-07AC-44A2-A144-46DFB3AD012D.jpeg

This isn't meant rudely ayase, but how old are you? (I feel bad for asking you don't have to answer that if you don't wanna!) I'm 32 and still not great with money but working on it. I hope you enjoy your animu and mango purchases, I've always been curious about Mermaid Saga, and I loved the Knights of Sidonia manga though I wasn't as keen on the anime. I really wish they would licence and release the original Kino's Journey novel series in an official English translated version as physical books, I've been waiting ever since I saw and fell in love with the first anime series! Patema and Jin-Roh are great movies as well, and Made in Abyss is an incredible anime (have preordered DOTDS as well). Do you like Ah My Goddess at all or did you get Toppy GP for another reason?
I find typing or saying my age out loud rather depressing, but I was born on the day Dirty Pair premiered on Japanese TV...

Mermaid Saga and Emanon were blind buys, but I enjoy Takahashi’s other stuff so Mermaid Saga was a bit of a no-brainer. I think I’ll probably enjoy the Kino manga more than I would the LNs, given my experience of LNs so far (I’m not hugely keen on first-person narratives and it may be a quirk of translating Japanese or the fact they’re targeted at a younger demographic, but I find them a bit of a slog). Abyss I’m looking forward to, because if memory serves this is where I read up to with scanlations before the English volumes were released, so everything from here will be new to me.

Toppu, I got the first two volumes last year at a fiver a piece in a sale, I thought it was worth a shot since I like You’re Under Arrest (but for some inexplicable reason the manga has never been released in English) and Fujishima’s art. This volume was also 50% off yesterday and it’s an okay series, certainly worth £5 a book but I probably wouldn’t pay full RRP for it. OMG I’ve struggled to get into, I think it’s the whole harem thing, I got all the UK DVDs cheap a while back but have so far only made it through the first few episodes. I can definitely say YUA is by far my favourite of his works.

Back