The Equivalent Exchange Trading Thread

ayase

State Alchemist
wp3922940.jpg

The law of the Equivalent Exchange Thread is: In order to obtain something, something of equal value must be lost (since we aren't in the business of creating or destroying anime).

What is this thread? This is a trading thread to list anime (or manga) which you no longer want but would happily give to others, and in exchange they will give anime (or manga) of equal value to you, the people. This does not necessarily mean monetary value; what something is worth to any one person is entirely subjective, and the final details of any exchange are to be left largely up to you. Trade a DVD for a DVD. Trade a DVD for a blu-ray. Trade ten blu-rays for a DVD if you like (though I wouldn't recommend it). It is a thread for the relaxed and free exchange of low-value items sat gathering dust on your shelves which you are no longer using and would otherwise simply give away. It is a thread for helping others discover things that they may not have considered watching and perhaps wouldn't blind-buy, and discovering things yourself by taking a chance on something new. If there are specific things you would like to find, feel free to list things you are looking for alongside your own items, but this is not necessary. The hope is that by multiple people listing what they have, people will find things in these lists that they want and then work out an exchange with each other (preferably in the thread rather than over PMs so that others are aware what is in the process of being traded, and give people a feel for the marketplace).

What this thread is not: This is not intended to be a thread in which you can find or trade high-value items. It is not a thread for haggling unfairly because you think your loose DVD copy of Tales from Earthsea is worth someone else's blu-ray Hyouka CE in exchange. In fact I'd go so far as to say the Hyouka CE shouldn't be here at all; if you "know what you have" and believe it to be worth anything north of around £5 cash value in CeX, just sell it for money and use the money to buy the things you want. If you do decide to trade anything valuable, you do so at your own risk. Royal Mail covers all parcels up to the value of £20 (even the untracked 2nd class ones) as long as you retain proof of posting. If you want to send anything worth more please make sure you declare a higher value and send it via tracking, but my preference, as with not listing things you wouldn't be prepared to give away, would be for people not to send anything they aren't prepared to lose.

Other Points:

Postage costs are at the discretion the parties involved.
My suggested method of handling postage is for everyone to simply cover the cost of posting their own items to their recipient so no money at all is required to change hands, but if there would be a large discrepancy in postal charges (such as someone sending items in a large box in return for items in a padded envelope) then how or whether those costs are shared is up to you. To avoid any issues, please don't post anything or send any money until you have come to an agreement.

Be fair, be kind. If someone doesn't want to trade with you for any reason, respect their decision; all trades should be by mutual consent. Be honest about the condition and region code of any discs. Obviously don't try to rip anyone off. This is about sharing your surplus anime (and manga) with others, not getting one over on other people (and if it works as intended, nothing listed here will be worth stealing anyway). If you happen to see something listed for trade that you'd really like but don't have anything to trade for it (or anything to trade they don't already have), PM the person and see if they would sell to you for a fair price, or perhaps even simply give it to you. With any sales, the standard rules of the AUKN Marketplace apply.

My items available for trade, all in very good condition unless specified otherwise.

Boxed:

RB UK Blu-ray:
Eden of the East, The Complete Series (2 disc, slipcase, Manga UK release)
Eden of the East, Paradise Lost (Manga UK release) GONE
Eden of the East, King of Eden (Manga UK release) GONE
Evangelion 1.11, Collector's Edition (2 disc, slipcase, Manga UK release) GONE
Evangelion 2.22, Collector's Edition (2 disc, slipcase, slash across slipcase spine) GONE

RA US Blu-ray:
Full Metal Panic, The Complete Series (3 disc card boxed set, regions A&B, box corners slightly bashed/scrubbed) GONE
Full Metal Panic, The Second Raid (2 disc card boxed set, box corners slightly bashed/scrubbed) GONE

R2 UK DVD:
Blood: The last Vampire
Tokyo Godfathers
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Complete 1st GIG (7 disc hard boxed slimpack, scuffed box)
Eureka Seven, Complete Collection, Parts 1&2 (10 disc Beez Anime Legends release)
Kurau: Phantom Memory, Volume 3 (no-one will ever take this, prove me wrong)
Gunsmith Cats: Bulletproof GONE

R1 US DVD:
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter-attack (slipcase)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (2 disc special edition)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (2 disc)

Loose Discs:

R2 UK DVD:
Only Yesterday
Whisper of the Heart
My Neighbours the Yamadas
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
In this Corner of the World
Origin: Spirits of the Past
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Barakamon: Complete Collection (2 discs)

R1 US DVD:
Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Borders 1-4 (4 discs)
Spice and Wolf, Season 2 (2 discs)

Last edited:
This is everything I have to offer, for now, there will be more to come. I am mostly interested in titles that are only available on DVD, and also looking for standard editions of various well-regarded/popular anime movies on Blu-ray that I would part with say, five DVD movies or a DVD series that has low trade-in value for Only Yesterday or Pom Poko (just two examples) on Blu-ray and as long as it has the case and artwork I don't mind if no slipcover so you don't mind trading as their CEX value is not massive mostly atm. I completely agree with what @ayase said about not trying to wrangle Hyouka CEs and the like out of people (but do recommend that everyone here at least try watching Hyouka, it's pretty darn great) :)

UK Region B Blu-rays

The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride (which I just wanna say I love I'm only trading cuz I bought the TLK trilogy BD box)

US Blu-ray release but B compatible

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League: The New Frontier

UK Region 2 DVDs

Series

Archer Season 1
Durarara Season 1 (in three parts, Beez Release, sub only)
Full Metal Panic Season 1
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (in five parts)
The Good Life Seasons 2, 3 & 4 (older release ask for details)
Tenchi Muyo OVA (original 13 eps series) 3 singles

Movies

Ah My Goddess The Movie
Aladdin (1992)
Alan Davies - Urban Trauma
Anastasia (Don Bluth)
At the Height of Summer
Bambi
Behind the Candelabra
Ben 10 Secret of the Omnitrix
Chico & Rita
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Finding Nemo
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex Solid State Society Movie
Ghost World
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Howl's Moving Castle
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney, 1996)
Innerspace
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Lion King (1994)
The Lion King 3
The Little Norse Prince
Love in the Time of Cholera
Memories of Matsuko
Perfect Blue
Persepolis
The Prince of Egypt
Ratatouille
The Secret of Kells
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
The Tale of Despereaux
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

US Region 1 DVDs

Cowboy Bebop TV Complete Set of six singles (no box)
Cowboy Bebop TV Complete (Remix, Bandai)
Cyber City Oedo 808
El Hazard original OVA series
Elf Princess Rane
Escaflowne Complete TV
Eureka Seven TV Complete
FLCL (just the original doesn’t include Progressive or Alternative)
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 Complete TV Series
Here is Greenwood
Martian Successor Nadesico Complete TV
Nadia the Secret of Blue Water Complete TV and movie
Noein - To Your Other Self -
Princess Tutu
Rayearth OVA
Revolutionary Girl Utena TV and movie (CPM/Software Sculptors Boxsets)
Samurai X Trust and Betrayal movie version
Shinesman (2 ep OVA)
The Skull Man
The Twelve Kingdoms

Movies

5 Centimeters Per Second
The Adventures of Mark Twain (1985)
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker movie
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Porco Rosso
Sea Prince and the Fire Child
Voices of a Distant Star (includes She and Her Cat short film)

Part Series

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends Sets 1 & 2
Ben 10 Seasons 2, 3 and 4 of the original series
Big Windup Season 1 Part 1
Corpse Princess Part 2 (of 2)
Ghost in the Shell SAC Season 1 Singles in Tin Box
Hidamari Sketch Season 1
Magic Knight Rayearth Season 2
Rozen Maiden Complete First Season 3 single discs
Teen Titans Season 1 (two singles make up the complete first season)

Random Volumes

Cardcaptor Sakura Volume 1 (of 18)
Dokkoida Volumes 1 & 2
Eureka Seven Volume 1 (of 12 I think, the Bandai singles release)
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 first three single volumes
His and Her Circumstances Volume 1 (of 5)
IGPX volume 1 (uncut version)
Last Exile Volume 1 (of 7)
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Special (2 episodes on the disc)
Princess Nine volume 5 of 6 (Bases Loaded)
Strange Dawn Discs 1 & 2 (they never released the rest)
Toward the Terra Part 2 (contains DVDs 3 & 4 of 6, second part of three comes with slipcover)
X/1999 Remix Volume 1 (of 5)

R4 Australian DVDs

Dennou Coil R4 Australian DVDs Complete Series (in two half series sets with slipcovers)
Lucky Star R4 Australian DVD Complete TV Series (but not the OVA)

Other Miscellaneous DVDs

Strange Dawn Italian R2 Complete DVD Boxset (no English)
Windy Tales French R2 Complete DVD Boxset (no English)
My Neighbour Totoro R3 Hong Kong DVD release (yes it's legit I've checked) English subs but no English dub
Whisper of the Heart R3 Hong Kong DVD release (yes it's legit I've checked) English subs but no English dub
Steamboy French R2 DVD release some sort of collector's edition I think but no English

Last edited:
Ah My Goddess The Movie
Here is Greenwood
Hidamari Sketch Season 1
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Hmm, okay, I thought up this concept, let's give this a go. Anything of mine you'd be interested in exchanging for any of these? Fine if not, remember, I'll not take offence :p

Here's list of a few thing I'm happy to trade

Noein DVD
The girl who leapt through time DVD
Origin Spirits of the past DVD
Full metal alchemist volume 1 DVD
The Slayers Volume 1 season 1 DVD (Episode 1-6 only)
Italian Import / NO English Subs/dub - Steins gate part 1 DVD
German import / NO English Subs/dub - Amagi Brilliant park volume 1 (Ep1-5) DVD (Kaze)

Lord of the ring Animated DVD
Justice league crisis on two earths DVD
Final fantasy 7 advent children DVD
Italian Import - Lord of the ring extended edition blu ray - Plays in English fine, just cover art and physical disc have Italian on.
The Flight of dragon DVD – Not sure how legit it is as it is a purple disc underneath , but it is a "Warner Brothers Archive collection" (And I'm not sure if they did actual print "pressed" runs or what, so feel free if you know or have similar items to let me know if it is legit or what)

Disc only – Volume 1 of Black Lagoon
Honestly bought them for the cases (So Disc only): True blood S1-3 Blu ray, The walking dead S1-4 Blu ray
US Import + Disc only – Person of interest season 1 - DVD Region 1
US Import + Disc only or Fat case holding just the 4 Blu ray's – Person of interest season 1 - Blu ray works on region B & DVD Region 1 and Disc only

Before any trades or if intrested I'll send some photo's across of items and confrim the condition. If i've owned them from new then they are likley very good, but I have gotten the some things in a bundles / joblots, or bought second hand.

Last edited:
I've got some wares to offer up here as well: a small selection of codes for digital copies of anime.

Here are the codes up for offer:

iTunes:
  • Akira

Funimation:
  • Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
  • Mob Psycho 100 season 2
  • SSSS.Gridman
  • Steins;Gate: Load Region of Deja Vu movie

I'm posting here in The Equivalent Exchange Trading Thread, but here's the twist: I bought the above releases for the Blu-ray discs and not for the digital copies, and I have no intention of using them. Given that, they're of no value to me. So if you want any of the above codes, you have to give me something of equal value. In this case: nothing.

So just give me a PM, and I'll PM you back your code of choice.

Of course, I could've just posted this in the giveaways thread... but then it wouldn't be an "equivalent exchange", would it? 😜

Codes will be crossed out if/when they're claimed. Thanks for reading. 😉👍

Last edited:
I've got some stuff for trade, as it's pretty worthless in terms of cash value

UK Blu-Rays:
  • Love Live School Idol Project Season 1 CE (box has a few dents here and there due to MVM's shipping)
  • Love Live School Idol Project Season 1 CE (same as above)
  • Fruits Basket (2003?, MVM CE)
  • XamD Memories Part 1

UK DVDs:
  • Darker than Black S1
  • Rahxephon Boxset
  • A Lull in the Sea
  • Devil Survivor 2 (sealed, but a disc is loose)
  • Evangelion 1.11/2.22/3.33
  • Gunparade March (Complete Collection)
  • Shigurui

Everything is in alright condition.
Nothing is really worth anything, but if anyone wants to trade, I'm open to all offers..

Last edited:
Update: Added my Beez Eureka Seven DVDs to my list and updated items which have been traded. It’s working!

Last edited:
I've relisted the Funimation code for SSSS.Gridman if anyone's interested, and I'll point out while I'm here that the Akira iTunes one expires at the end of October.

(I'm not having any luck even giving them away. 😅)

Link here:

I've got some stuff for trade, as it's pretty worthless in terms of cash value

UK Blu-Rays:
  • Love Live School Idol Project Season 1 CE (box has a few dents here and there due to MVM's shipping)
  • Love Live School Idol Project Season 1 CE (same as above)
  • Fruits Basket (2003?, MVM CE)
  • XamD Memories Part 1

UK DVDs:
  • Darker than Black S1
  • Rahxephon Boxset
  • A Lull in the Sea
  • Devil Survivor 2 (sealed, but a disc is loose)
  • Evangelion 1.11/2.22/3.33
  • Gunparade March (Complete Collection)
  • Shigurui

Everything is in alright condition.
Nothing is really worth anything, but if anyone wants to trade, I'm open to all offers..
Arrrgh someone nabbed the two from your list I may have tried to exchange (if I could find anything I could pry out of my not so cold nor dead hands) had I noticed this earlier heh

Open to offers, I have a search list on my Sales thread but might be interested in something else too.

[ADV Films R1 DVD]

Excel Saga Vols 1-5
Maizenkaiser Complete OVA Collection
Neo Ranga Vol.1 w/Artbox

[Funimation R1 DVD]

Kurau Phantom Memory S.A.V.E Edition
One Piece Collections 1-8,11 Brand New and Sealed

[Discotek Media BD Zone A]

Stellvia Complete Series w/Slipcover

Open to offers, I have a search list on my Sales thread but might be interested in something else too.

[ADV Films R1 DVD]

Excel Saga Vols 1-5
Maizenkaiser Complete OVA Collection
Neo Ranga Vol.1 w/Artbox

[Funimation R1 DVD]

Kurau Phantom Memory S.A.V.E Edition
One Piece Collections 1-8,11 Brand New and Sealed

[Discotek Media BD Zone A]

Stellvia Complete Series w/Slipcover

I'd like Stellvia if you can see anything you want from my list? :)

Back