UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I didn't like Gundam SEED but I can't deny they made a great set for it. I've only seen the first few episodes but had to drop it because the animation style was terrible and kept taking me out of it. I really struggled to follow along.

Just got the email about Anime Ltd's Gundam SEED ultimate edition early bird redux (is that what the cool kids call it?)

Coincidentally, I just got a MASSIVE bonus payout for some design work I did. So... gonna crunch some numbers and probably place an order.

I don't buy these ultra megabucks editions, like... ever. So it's a big deal for a Gundam nut like me!

Just got the email about Anime Ltd's Gundam SEED ultimate edition early bird redux (is that what the cool kids call it?)

Coincidentally, I just got a MASSIVE bonus payout for some design work I did. So... gonna crunch some numbers and probably place an order.

I don't buy these ultra megabucks editions, like... ever. So it's a big deal for a Gundam nut like me!
Just reordered it there to get it ex VAT after getting refunded for my previous order, reduced the price by £18 after the Screen Anime discount.

I just got a MASSIVE bonus payout
When HdE writes "massive" in all caps, I can't help but think that I'm to take it with a pinch of salt! 😆

I hope I'm wrong, though, dude, and your payout really was massive enough to afford a Gundam CE without breaking a sweat.

Does anybody know a way of getting in touch with Anime Ltd regarding an order I made? Tried sending them an email and fill out the form on their website but haven't heard back after over a month.

Does anybody know a way of getting in touch with Anime Ltd regarding an order I made? Tried sending them an email and fill out the form on their website but haven't heard back after over a month.
Hm did you reply to the your order has been placed email? They're usually good at replying in good time. Sending them a twitter DM with your order number might also help in escalating the issue.

Hm did you reply to the your order has been placed email? They're usually good at replying in good time. Sending them a twitter DM with your order number might also help in escalating the issue.
Yes exactly, it was the order email I responded to. I tried the website formula after a while of not hearing from them. Are there any other ways other than twitter? I could create a twitter account if there's no other ways.

Yes exactly, it was the order email I responded to. I tried the website formula after a while of not hearing from them. Are there any other ways other than twitter? I could create a twitter account if there's no other ways.
Just checking but might be worth checking your spam as well? It's very unusual that they don't reply as they have been really good for me as well.

I had an instance when I emailed them and didn't hear back, because of all the lock down, but basically I think it was essentially that email or set of emails got caught in a filter because the exchange didn't like that email.
They may also not have anyone in there office yet either (so all working from home), so I think it's alot more down to the email exchange.
So I just tried again with a new email ((so not a reply)I think I also copied the previous emails in for refrence) and they got that one (And also found the other email that was caught in the filter). but you could also try a differnt personal email account and see.

EDIT: I think I've heard people have used facebook to send message to AllTheAnime and got responces before as well so that might be an option

Last edited:
Just checking but might be worth checking your spam as well? It's very unusual that they don't reply as they have been really good for me as well.

I checked my spam folder regularly and didn't find anything. I have contacted them in the past and they were pretty quick to get back to me. I don't know if it maybe has to do with me being in the EU and them still trying to figure out how to navigate Brexit or maybe the package is stuck in customs somewhere and they're just waiting to receive the package again before reaching out to me.

I had an instance when I emailed them and didn't hear back, because of all the lock down, but basically I think it was essentially that email or set of emails got caught in a filter because the exchange didn't like that email.
They may also not have anyone in there office yet either (so all working from home), so I think it's alot more down to the email exchange.
So I just tried again with a new email ((so not a reply)I think I also copied the previous emails in) and they got that one. but you could also try a differnt personal email account and see.

EDIT: I think I've heard people have used facebook to send message to AllTheAnime and got responces before as well so that might be an option

It could be the case. I will try writing to them again from a different email, otherwise I'll try Facebook!

Beat me to it. I was also going to say they come around here and hope they see the post.
Indeed. Shouldn't take a month for a response though. I emailed them yesterday to cancel my previous Gundam Seed order at lunch time. Received a reply by close of business.

Got the refund today and used it to reorder ex VAT to Ireland.

When HdE writes "massive" in all caps, I can't help but think that I'm to take it with a pinch of salt! 😆

I hope I'm wrong, though, dude, and your payout really was massive enough to afford a Gundam CE without breaking a sweat.

That gave me a good chuckle!

Turned out it was enough to break even AND afford a takeaway tonight. I even have change for a Mars bar!

(Except, I won't be having a Mars bar. It's not wise to tempt fate. I'm getting old, my duodenum's a bit dodgy, blah blah blah...)

Might actually have a rethink on the ultimate edition, though. Although I like SEED, it's not really a show I'm absolutely gaga over. Seeing as the early bird's on for a while, I might see about flogging some stuff on Ebay first to recoup the cost if I go for it.

Might actually have a rethink on the ultimate edition, though. Although I like SEED, it's not really a show I'm absolutely gaga over. Seeing as the early bird's on for a while, I might see about flogging some stuff on Ebay first to recoup the cost if I go for it.
I guess it depends how much you want both versions of the series, or if you prefer the original SD version. Don't forget there is supposed to be a standard release for the HD remaster by the end of the year.

I guess it depends how much you want both versions of the series, or if you prefer the original SD version. Don't forget there is supposed to be a standard release for the HD remaster by the end of the year.
Definitely curious to see how the SD version holds up.

I have the old Anime Legends sets of the show on DVD, and they look really soft on a modern flat panel monitor / TV. Which, in itself doesn't bother me. But there were also some very weird QA problems with the old BEEZ releases - a few instances where the audio and video abruptly speed up.

Mostly, it's just a case of 'AAAHHH, SHINY NEW GUNDAM STUFF!' It really is a neat looking package. And I say that as someone who's not generally fussed about these ultimate editions, or CEs in general.

Last edited:
Regarding Love Live, are we essentially seeing AL become the UK partner for the whole franchise? I wanna say the original was released by MVM and I know the latest show was delayed because Funi have the US rights but AL the UK ones.

According to the Programme Note included the recent
@jpflondon online screenings of Hello World, Anime Limited (@AllTheAnime) are the UK distributors of the film.
Indeed they are. @thedoctor2016 previously flagged that up early last month in this very thread:
The JPTF programme says distributor “Anime Limited”

We might hear about Hello World on AL's next stream.
On Screen Anime, yeah? That would be great. I absolutely loved the film, so I know I'd definitely pay for access to it online to see it again, but for me the dream would be...

Be nice if their Blu included the Another World shorts if possible.
Yep, a Blu-ray would be the dream. I was pointed in the direction of an existing region-1 Hong Kong BD during that earlier discussion, but it's a bare-bones release with just the film. I would want the most complete release possible, so to include the shorts would be amazing.

But if that weren't possible, I'd just dearly love to have the film on Blu-ray. Pleeeease!

Back