UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So what exactly do they mean by starting to export anime to the US? Does that mean more dual releases in UK and US like with B the Beginning UE (there was another one too, can't remember which title) or does that mean something entirely different? Anything to cut down on that £25 shipping charge to the US they have now would be awesome. I'd just be happy if their "exclusives" were shared with AOL and not Zavvi, as I much prefer AOL for importing to the US.

So then they're exporting that ugly Elephant Butt logo over to America? Lol.

Last edited:
So just Soundtracks on vinyl and CD right now... Wow, if Rightstuf were to start stocking AL anime CE releases, I'd be in heaven, as there is no shipping or tax charges at all from them for domestic purchases over $75. 🥳

Maybe they'd then be able to produce more than just 1000 copies of their releases as well...

note: If you already know the drill, the rest is up to you comrades. This is for the non-hardcore / newcomer crowd.

PERSONA5 the Animation - PRE-ORDERS

Step on your brakes before you pre-order with Amazon or any other retailers in general.

When it comes to pre-orders, it's usually ideal to check the distributors store first as they offer a early bird offer which beats out other retailers (most of the times).

PERSONA5 the Animation Pre-Order:

Screenshot (79).png

Just a heads up for anyone who didn't grab a copy of "KonoSuba: Season 2 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition" on AllTheAnime's site it is marked as "Low stock", I suspect a lot of people pre ordered and it has arrived as well. But I figured a reminder might be helpful.
I preordered on Zavvi and it still hasn't shipped, I'm starting to get worried 😬

I preordered on Zavvi and it still hasn't shipped, I'm starting to get worried 😬
I'm honestly not to familar with how zavvi works with pre-orders.
But the release date for Konosuba isn't until the 5th and I belive this is because distrubuters like AllTheAnime get the stock first either because they are the distributors or they get all the stock and then send it out to other companies like zavvi and amazon, which ends up meaning they dispatch later and closer to the actual release date.

From here on we don't know what will be on AL's release radar I guess.
Guess not. We can only refer to this page for the time being:

I have been wondering about Charlotte though, is it any good?
jun-maeda-is-kill.png
I wouldn't consider it Maeda-sensei's best work. For me personally, I found it quite an average watch for the usual "Key" standard. Interesting concept but I don't think 13 episodes truly fleshed out it's true potential. Use the 3-EPS or drop formula and see how it goes for you ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
Considering K: Seven Stories, Mobile Suit Gundam F92, PERSONA5 The Animation Part 1 and Your Name 4K (and potentially Mobile Suit Gundam SEED given the recent mentions) are arriving in May, my guesses for the remaining slots are probably Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Season 1 Part 2.

I do wonder if and when we’ll hear more about their plans for InuYasha, am still curious to see how they’ll release it and if we’ll get the entire series eventually.

I do wonder if and when we’ll hear more about their plans for InuYasha, am still curious to see how they’ll release it and if we’ll get the entire series eventually.
I'm curious about it as well, considering if they do have the whole thing that's 6 sets. I don't even know if I want to spend tons of money on collector's editions for it, maybe if it were treated like each part being a regular Blu-ray and a box to house them all like Gundam then perhaps?

I'm curious about it as well, considering if they do have the whole thing that's 6 sets. I don't even know if I want to spend tons of money on collector's editions for it, maybe if it were treated like each part being a regular Blu-ray and a box to house them all like Gundam then perhaps?
I was thinking along similar lines- five standard releases (hopefully including Slipcovers) and then a sixth set with a box to house them in, maybe including a booklet of sorts with one of the sets, not dissimilar to how Black Clover is being handled by Funi in the US.

CE-wise, I imagine it would depend on the assets they have access to. I believe they’re authoring their own discs for this too? If so maybe they can sort the reported issues out that the Viz releases are said to carry (incorrect frame rate or something to that extent?)

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider it Maeda-sensei's best work. For me personally, I found it quite an average watch for the usual "Key" standard. Interesting concept but I don't think 13 episodes truly fleshed out it's true potential. Use the 3-EPS or drop formula and see how it goes for you ¯\(ツ)
From here on we don't know what will be on AL's release radar I guess. I have been wondering about Charlotte though, is it any good?
I second @SAHO, not Maeda's best but not bad either. Good concept which could've been developed better, especially given that I found his Angel Beats fantastic over a similar twelve episode run.

Back