Legal Streaming for Winter 2021 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

Spring 2020 titles Shironeko Project ZERO CHRONICLE and Wave, Listen to Me! as well as Summer 2020 title Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater are now dubbed and available on Funimation.

Current simuldub checklist:

Winter 2021 Anime:Eps:Notes:
A3! Season Spring & Summer03 / 12Dub on Hiatus
Isekai Quartet 208 / 12Dub on Hiatus
number24-- / 12No Simuldub
SHOW BY ROCK!! Mashumairesh!!-- / 12No Simuldub
Anime:Eps:Notes:
Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement--- / 13No Simuldub
Fire Force Season 221 / 24Dub in Progress
Lapis Re:LiGHTS-- / 12No Simuldub
Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation Season 2-- / 12No Simuldub
A3! Season Autumn & Winter-- / 12No Simuldub
Adachi and Shimamura03 / 12Dub in Progress
Akudama Drive11 / 12Dub in Progress
Dropout Idol Fruit Tart-- / 12No Simuldub
Gal & Dino-- / 12No Simuldub
Golden Kamuy Season 310 / 12Dub in Progress
The Gymnastics Samurai09 / 11Dub in Progress
Higurashi: When They Cry Gou11 / 24Dub in Progress
Ikebukuro West Gate Park-- / 12No Simuldub
KING’s RAID: Successors of the Will-- / 26No Simuldub
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear05 / 12Dub in Progress
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club-- / 13No Simuldub
Maesetsu! Opening Act-- / 12No Simuldub
MAGATSU WAHRHEIT-- / 12No Simuldub
Moriarty the Patriot-- / 11No Simuldub
Rail Romanesque-- / 12No Simuldub
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle03 / 12Dub in Progress
Strike Witches: Road to Berlin-- / 12No Simuldub
Talentless Nana-- / 13No Simuldub
That is the Bottleneck-- / 12No Simuldub
Tsukiuta. THE ANIMATION 2-- / 13No Simuldub
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina08 / 12Dub in Progress
2.43: Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Team-- / 12No Simuldub
Attack on Titan: The Final Season08 / 16Dub in Progress
BACK ARROW-- / 24No Simuldub
Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki-- / 12No Simuldub
Dr. STONE: STONE WARS02 / 11Dub in Progress
Gekidol-- / 12No Simuldub
Horimiya04 / 13Dub in Progress
Hortensia Saga-- / 12No Simuldub
Idoly Pride-- / 12No Simuldub
Kemono Jihen-- / 12No Simuldub
LBX Girls-- / 12No Simuldub
Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table02 / 12Dub in Progress
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Part 103 / 11Dub in Progress
Otherside Picnic-- / 12No Simuldub
The Promised Neverland Season 2-- / 11No Simuldub
The Quintessential Quintuplets 2-- / 12Dub Planned
Scar on the Praeter-- / 12No Simuldub
Show by Rock!! Stars!!-- / 12No Simuldub
SK8 the Infinity04 / 12Dub in Progress
Skate-Leading☆Stars-- / 12No Simuldub
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen: Battle of Kimluck-- / 11No Simuldub
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?01 / 12Dub in Progress
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 102 / 12Dub in Progress
Wonder Egg Priority-- / 12No Simuldub

It took roughly a year since it was first announced, but all 12 episodes of Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 1 is now dubbed and available on Funimation starting tomorrow.

smgh1p1l.png

This marks the first Aniplex title that I know of that has been dubbed after an Aniplex of America release has occurred. If this trend continues I expect The Irregular at Magic High School and its film to follow suit also before its next story arc (not yet confirmed whether it's a film, OVA or Season 3 yet) and spin-off series become available. I don't expect every catalog Aniplex title to be given this treatment though.
Maybe it's been long enough for them to do Nisekoi. That's prime Funimation bait that would reach a far wider audience with a dub.

There's always hope for Bakemonogatari as well. Alot of people have said it's undubable (real word...) but having listened to the Audible adaptation they absolutely smashed it!

Maybe it's been long enough for them to do Nisekoi. That's prime Funimation bait that would reach a far wider audience with a dub.

There's always hope for Bakemonogatari as well. Alot of people have said it's undubable (real word...) but having listened to the Audible adaptation they absolutely smashed it!
I reckon Do You Love Your Mom, Granblue Fantasy Season 2 and ORESUKI will probably be next on the dubbing in terms of catalog stuff. The former works for the ecchi trash stuff like Miss Sunohara, the middle one because Season 1 was dubbed already, and the latter for the rom-com fest and is more recent than Rascal Bunny Girl series.

Any chance Mushishi s2 will ever get dubbed. I watched season 1 dubbed, back in the day, only to find out I had to watch s2 subbed. Thought the English VA for Ginko was excellent!
The show's probably too old now?

Any chance Mushishi s2 will ever get dubbed. I watched season 1 dubbed, back in the day, only to find out I had to watch s2 subbed. Thought the English VA for Ginko was excellent!
The show's probably too old now?
It is possible, but it probably depends on demand and whether the dub cast wants to come back. Worth noting that Season 1 is with Kodansha rather than Aniplex which is why that season is still in print and with Funimation all this time.

A bit random but I figured I'll provide a bit of spotlight towards TMS Entertainment's YouTube channel as they have a couple of anime available to watch for the UK.

Pui Pui Molcar is now on Netflix. I know it’s a short, but it’s definitely worth watching, and I’m glad I’ve got a way to tell all my friends to watch it. I’d even recommend it to non-anime fans if you like things like Shaun the Sheep.

Pretty Cure, the 2004 anime series also known as Futari wa Pretty Cure, will soon be available for Europe & MENA territories on Crunchyroll. US & Canada have had the series available for yonkies years.

Also: Starting this Saturday all catalog updates will be placed on the Spring 2021 thread instead.

Back