UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yeah it's a bit annoying that it's so hard to get hold of it, I would love to see a limited re-print of the S1 CE given how popular it is, it would surely sell out. All of the materials and things must exist so no work needed except at the print stages.

Must be a reason for it, but maybe it's simply down to how it is, order X copies, once sold all gone.

Some stuff you can get still the CE's for a long time post release, some stuff I guess it sells out quicker.

I'll probably keep my pre-order, and just get the standard season 1 edition. I'd like to have both CE but it is what it is.
There is a copy on eBay but it's pretty expensive.

You could also Frankenstein it, so Season 2 CE and normal Season 1 art cover showing and (I think it 1 disc a season so a 2 disc case), but Frankensteining isn't for every one so completly up to you (that would be my prefrence if I was in that situation).

And yeah also don't see them doing a reprint, but there is loop holes so they could try for a Combo season 1 & 2 or even 3 as well.

I can see them doing a 'Complete collection' down the line collecting s1 & s2 in a super sexy artbox.... probably not for a year or 2 though

Last edited:
At this point with Manga releasing the Demon Slayer movie I think AL has less chance of getting the KonoSuba movie...
But if (be honest, when) they do a collection of 1 & 2 they could leave a space for the movie, like they did with Norigami, making it the ultimate collection!

At this point with Manga releasing the Demon Slayer movie I think AL has less chance of getting the KonoSuba movie...
I disagree for now.
  1. Sony's acquisition of Crunchyroll isn't finalised so it'll be a while before we see more Crunchyroll titles under Manga & Funimation's belt.
  2. Funimation have no involvement with Konosuba in terms of dubbing or distribution.
  3. Discotek is probably working on releasing or sorting out Legend of Crimson at this point now that the dub is finally sorted.
  4. Anime Limited has rated Legend of Crimson for theatrical so the BBFC process should speed up a bit if they get the rights, so they should be able to release it before the opportunity has passed.
  5. Demon Slayer being under Manga is due to Aniplex and Funimation teaming up in a way, and I believe that franchise is still a one-off when you consider the fact that the other Aniplex titles that Funimation have been involved in, in terms of dubbing or streaming exclusivity, is still being released under Aniplex of America with region free discs as per usual (like if people assumed Aniplex titles would be under Funimation, then why on earth is Darwin's Game, a title that Funi themselves dubbed, is not under Funi then?).

What they could do I suppose is release a 2nd collectors edition of season 1 of konosuba with different artwork so the 1st one would still be rare but yeah the season 1+2 is probably more likely

I disagree for now.
  1. Sony's acquisition of Crunchyroll isn't finalised so it'll be a while before we see more Crunchyroll titles under Manga & Funimation's belt.
  2. Funimation have no involvement with Konosuba in terms of dubbing or distribution.
  3. Discotek is probably working on releasing or sorting out Legend of Crimson at this point now that the dub is finally sorted.
  4. Anime Limited has rated Legend of Crimson for theatrical so the BBFC process should speed up a bit if they get the rights, so they should be able to release it before the opportunity has passed.
  5. Demon Slayer being under Manga is due to Aniplex and Funimation teaming up in a way, and I believe that franchise is still a one-off when you consider the fact that the other Aniplex titles that Funimation have been involved in, in terms of dubbing or streaming exclusivity, is still being released under Aniplex of America with region free discs as per usual (like if people assumed Aniplex titles would be under Funimation, then why on earth is Darwin's Game, a title that Funi themselves dubbed, is not under Funi then?).
In all honesty I pray you're right!! AL releasing would definitely be the best case scenario 🙂

Appreciate the bundle offer but no space for Daybreakers? And ofc not the OVAs even sub only. Yay Part 2 uses the queer baiting art. (I do hate how Akechi and Ren are done in the anime it goes too far that angle)

I love AL and the guys & gals that work there but COME ON!!! The series about taking hearts and you announce it the day AFTER Valentines Day!?!?! That was an easy win!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yeah it makes P4GA good. i also all gave up hope on a dub due to P3 (the best adaption of the 3 imo didn’t. And ofc P4GA didn’t, why this was dubbed over those god knows. As this is bad it finishes its plot in ONAs and even those are rushed. The animation is also wonky at points it’s poor: but I’ll get it just to support it. And hope one day AoA dub P3 films.

Appreciate the bundle offer but no space for Daybreakers? And ofc not the OVAs even sub only. Yay Part 2 uses the queer baiting art. (I do hate how Akechi and Ren are done in the anime it goes too far that angle)

For reference, Day Breakers is an entirely separate license. So that's why the box will fit Parts 1 & 2 specifically. Hope that helps.

Back