Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Ouch...Kinda makes spending two weeks back in November checking stock levels and creating themed days trying to sort the Christmas sale not even worth doing anymore.

I do not relate to pricing == effort so I don't think it was a fair comparison.

Although I do maintain that some of the pricing in the sales hasn't been great, I do appreciate the effort all the same.

Saying the above I did purchase Fate/Zero collection today on Bluray and you've already shipped it, so thankyou.

I will see what else is on offer when they change over in a couple of days time.

I've bought it, though as it is one of my wife's Christmas presents to me, I won't be able to report what is in it until after Christmas morning...
The reason im asking cause mvm had a dvd mystery box last year as well, but nobody ever poste dwhat was in them, so i wonder if anyone even buys dvd mystery boxes anymore,

The reason im asking cause mvm had a dvd mystery box last year as well, but nobody ever poste dwhat was in them, so i wonder if anyone even buys dvd mystery boxes anymore,
Last year I only bought the blu-ray boxes, I don't know anyone who bought last year's DVD boxes either. Last year both AL and MVM had 2 blu-ray boxes each, so DVD boxes in addition seemed a bit too extravagant a spend for me.

Ouch...Kinda makes spending two weeks back in November checking stock levels and creating themed days trying to sort the Christmas sale not even worth doing anymore.
The vast majority on this forum don't agree with the post you quoted. We've seen the work you've done for the Anime community over the last [however many years] so please don't only pay attention to the negatives

Wish I could buy more but I'm really having to budget / only buy what I really need. (Hence why I was unsure about Mysteria Friends earlier)

I really appreciate MVM's early bird offers - bought so much anime over the year, and I've pre-ordered The Demon Girl Next Door because yes. They're really well priced in respect to what other retailers charge at release.

Some people mentioned Amazon pricing earlier, so I cross-referenced, and today's sales are largely noticeably cheaper than Jeff Bezos' Human Rights Violation. Accel World, Anohana, Bloom Into You, Cells at Work, Devil's Line and Initial D are neck and neck - enough so that whether you have a Prime membership will make the difference on who's cheaper. Others, like Revue Starlight, Domestic Girlfriend, Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly, have considerable savings. The only one that stands out as being noticeably more expensive on Amazon, is the Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Collector's Edition (£37.07 compared to AOL's £41.99), but AOL has them comfortably beat with the Standard Edition.

Saying the above I did purchase Fate/Zero collection today on Bluray and you've already shipped it, so thankyou.

Worth mentioning that MVM don't get NEARLY enough credit for banging orders out the door quick-smart.

I ordered Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans from them via Amazon a little while ago. I selected 'free delivery' and both parts arrived with me within two days. TWO DAYS.

That's AWESOME!

I've Bought Both Blu ray and DVD bundles this year from both MVM and AllTheAnime.
I bought AlltheAnime on the first day but it was bundle in with pre orders so I have no tracking code/dispatch notification (and it was kinda of a really big order, so I don't know if that increases the waiting time before dispatch).
But i'll post something up on the DVD bundles when it does arrive (unless of course someone beats me to it)

Unfortunatly it looks like the DVD mystery bundle is now sold out so it can't do all that bad, but no one can report whats in it and destroy the mystery element of it before buying.

EDIT: only bought the 3 Blu-ray bundles last year (the DVD one, my memory is a bit hazy, but I wasn't sure if at some point the DVD bundles had 10 DVD's)

Last edited:
MVM have always been a boon to the UK anime community, during the dark days when everybody else vanished, Tony and co were still there, releasing what they could to keep the lights on, They're still here is a huge part to Tony and MVM ability to find a niche and adapt to a changing industry.
I personally buy nearly all of MVM releases (that I want, sorry guys even I don't want everything)
not much for me to buy in the sales if you have everything you want, I did pick up the pre order of Demon girl next door.

Really excited about SAO: GGO (bcuz the author of Kino's Journey wrote it!!!) but will have to wait until tomorrow just in case I suddenly get billed for other PayPal payments in bulk XP

I really appreciate MVM's early bird offers - bought so much anime over the year, and I've pre-ordered The Demon Girl Next Door because yes. They're really well priced in respect to what other retailers charge at release.

Some people mentioned Amazon pricing earlier, so I cross-referenced, and today's sales are largely noticeably cheaper than Jeff Bezos' Human Rights Violation. Accel World, Anohana, Bloom Into You, Cells at Work, Devil's Line and Initial D are neck and neck - enough so that whether you have a Prime membership will make the difference on who's cheaper. Others, like Revue Starlight, Domestic Girlfriend, Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly, have considerable savings. The only one that stands out as being noticeably more expensive on Amazon, is the Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Collector's Edition (£37.07 compared to AOL's £41.99), but AOL has them comfortably beat with the Standard Edition.

I think when it comes to comparing with Amazon, most of us would prefer to buy from MVM/AL, as long as the pricing is similar.

One example where it wasn't was when I was looking at getting Monogatari 2nd Season collection near the start of the month, Amazon was £42, MVM was £60. I assume that MVM sold the copies to Amazon so no idea how they were undercutting them so much!

For the sake of a few £ I'd probably go MVM as it's better for them, but for nearly £20 cheaper it's a much harder argument to make.

Back