The General Conversation Area

sure, not needing it to be made a seperate topic as thats just my opinion and I don't need a discussion about but sure. I don't quite agree here with either case but thats fine. Each to their own.
I meant the entire reply chain since @Shadow Cat first brought up the subject of accuracy in subs really, not just your post or any particular point in it. To each their own is fine I guess, but if you don't want a discussion about something why bring it up on a discussion forum? Discussing things is kinda the point of this place.

Edit: Excuse me for being a little belligerent lately. But it's good to talk, I think. I like discussing things with people, even if I disagree with them, which seems to be kind of a dying sentiment and that upsets me a bit.

Last edited:
I meant the entire reply chain since @Shadow Cat first brought up the subject of accuracy in subs really, not just your post or any particular point in it. To each their own is fine I guess, but if you don't want a discussion about something why bring it up on a discussion forum? Discussing things is kinda the point of this place.

Edit: Excuse me for being a little belligerent lately. But it's good to talk, I think. I like discussing things with people, even if I disagree with them, which seems to be kind of a dying sentiment and that upsets me a bit.
its fine, should have left it at the first post and not leave any dangling threads basically. All good.

You ragging on my cultured people?

I'm being a bit lazy not going back to that post, but I think its grimiore of zero that also has a bit of an aged meme at least in the dub.

Some village chief the main characters are talking to mentions that he would be on adventures like them if he could, but there was an incident where he ended up taking an arrow through the knee.
Weird thing is from what I remember, half the men in the village, including the chief, were doing a lot of work on a building. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing someone with a devastating knee injury would be doing

I like discussing things with people, even if I disagree with them, which seems to be kind of a dying sentiment and that upsets me a bit
I'm in agreement on that point but I'd actually enjoy discussing the accuracy of subs and dubs in a separate topic. If you go into these things with the understanding that its all opinion then you tend to come out with the realisation that while some people might disagree with you, their opinion can be interesting (even if they're wrong)

I'm in agreement on that point but I'd actually enjoy discussing the accuracy of subs and dubs in a separate topic. If you go into these things with the understanding that its all opinion then you tend to come out with the realisation that while some people might disagree with you, their opinion can be interesting (even if they're wrong)
Yeah not too sure how a topic being moved to a more appropriate place got misinterpreted as not discussing it at all.

After a month's delay due to COVID, I got the finalised results for my Masters degree and I earned a 1st (Distinction) overall at around 75%. I didn't expect it in the beginning but when I saw the first results I was more motivated for the rest, and it's paid off. Very happy and I now have to wait until May 2021 for the graduation ceremony.

Yo congrats. That's a huge achievement and worth celebrating for sure.

Thanks Darren skippings for signing my petition.
I need three more to sign up.

I was watching the on disc extra interview on the Made in Abyss disc recently which has the JP voice actors feigning high levels of excitement at meeting the creator and animation studio. This got me thinking though I wonder if there are any voice actors out there who are legit fans of the stuff they star in.

I wonder if there are any voice actors out there who are legit fans of the stuff they star in.
I think there are a lot of examples of VAs being very big fans of works they appear in or of characters they voice, to be fair.

Along with that, though, there's always going to be a big performative element involved in the promotion of anything in order to try to sell it to you, including in any materials you might be watching on-disc even after you've already bought the thing. And some of the sentiments being bandied around between cast and crew on those are sometimes going to be complete b*llocks. 😅

I've brought this up on these forums before, but on one commentary track for Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, the voice actress of CC, one of the main characters, seeks to paint the out-of-place product placement for sponsor Pizza Hut as an actual virtue, saying with presumably a straight face that her character's fondness for pizza adds tremendous depth to her personality.

Bullsh*t. 🤣

Last edited:
Tier 2 here, but seeing we went into lockdown in tier 1 seems it didn't work! Although it was hardly a lockdown in the true sense of the word! I mean technically the first lockdown wasn't a true lockdown either really, but it worked at least.
My Mum's in tier 3, so Christmas is off, but apart from that everything is the same for me being in the job I have.

Back