What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

IMG_20200717_172030546.jpg
I've been wanting to get Yuru Yuri on Blu-ray for the longest and finally got it, I was surprised to find that the blu-ray cases are clear instead of the usual blue colour, I've never seen this before. I think I quite like the clear look and am thinking of seeking out more of these clear cases to replace my existing blue ones.

View attachment 14180
I've been wanting to get Yuru Yuri on Blu-ray for the longest and finally got it, I was surprised to find that the blu-ray cases are clear instead of the usual blue colour, I've never seen this before. I think I quite like the clear look and am thinking of seeking out more of these clear cases to replace my existing blue ones.
i think the aniplex monogatari series may be in clear amaray cases also, only UK ones i know of that do because i have them are Garden of Words and Gundam Reconguista in G

View attachment 14180
There are even pink ones out there. Time of Eve JP is pink, it was my first BD (and then it wasn't blue.) Tatami Galaxy's single volumes are also pink. My xxxholic Rou's OVA BD is black. (That seems to be more common for non anime movies, so no rarity.)
AoA often has transparent cases as did NISA on a few. But if you're looking for transparent cases holding more than two discs you're fairly out of luck.
(If you're interested in 11mm 2disc transparent cases, I could sell off some of my stock if you want. I bought a bunch a while ago for combining sentai half sets into one case and wanted the second cover to be fully visible. But kinda turned out that sentai and half sets or multi seasons aren't really happening that often, so I still have a few left.)

There are even pink ones out there. Time of Eve JP is pink, it was my first BD (and then it wasn't blue.) Tatami Galaxy's single volumes are also pink. My xxxholic Rou's OVA BD is black. (That seems to be more common for non anime movies, so no rarity.)
AoA often has transparent cases as did NISA on a few. But if you're looking for transparent cases holding more than two discs you're fairly out of luck.
(If you're interested in 11mm 2disc transparent cases, I could sell off some of my stock if you want. I bought a bunch a while ago for combining sentai half sets into one case and wanted the second cover to be fully visible. But kinda turned out that sentai and half sets or multi seasons aren't really happening that often, so I still have a few left.)
there's also red and green cases too which i used to put my edgar wright movies in, only problem is i don't really know what colour to put scott pilgrim in so i just put it in a black case

Aren't green cases more game tied? (Xbox or something?) Red appears to m to have been more a thing of that rival format to BDs at the time of its advent. (What was it called UMD or something?)

I've also seen gold and white (not transparent) being sold as empty cases. But only the empty cases, haven't seen them used on some release yet.

I didn't order Utena so I've got no skin in this game but I'd love for someone to make a chart of dinged vs. Undinged 😱

Also, has ANYONE received a pristine edition?!?!?

And is the spine backwards?!? 😱

Last edited:
Back