UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I suspect the reason Anime Limited haven't announced The Promised Neverland is that they wanted to get the collector's edition Blu-ray release sorted out first so that when they announce it officially, pre-orders would be instant and the date would be close by. A notable example of this tactic was Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, which came out of nowhere and got released in about a month later.

I suspect the reason Anime Limited haven't announced The Promised Neverland is that they wanted to get the collector's edition Blu-ray release sorted out first so that when they announce it officially, pre-orders would be instant and the date would be close by. A notable example of this tactic was Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, which came out of nowhere and got released in about a month later.
Maybe true but with discs printed with your logo on the license is locked. Do you really wanna sit on that or get the word out that it's coming (eventually) to prevent importers? I'll be honest when I saw there was an AU version of this I started looking at prices.
It's all about perspective really, do you like it when the do a sneaky drop and say it's out in under a month (Rokka) or do you like to plan out you purchases and know its coming at some point (Konosuba, Demon Slayer etc)

Maybe true but with discs printed with your logo on the license is locked. Do you really wanna sit on that or get the word out that it's coming (eventually) to prevent importers? I'll be honest when I saw there was an AU version of this I started looking at prices.
It's all about perspective really, do you like it when the do a sneaky drop and say it's out in under a month (Rokka) or do you like to plan out you purchases and know its coming at some point (Konosuba, Demon Slayer etc)
I agree that it's not exactly a good idea to hold off revealing a UK release after a Region B friendly release is out there. Personally I don't mind a quick drop if I am able to figure out realistically when and how it could appear, for instance Sword Art Online: Alicization is guaranteed to show up this month or the next. I think when it comes to massive big drop bundles like Utena is where things can get a bit pressure-esque.

For me I also take into account how long a set can last, for instance, I don't see MEGALOBOX selling out fast so I held off on the early bird, whereas Gundam has done pretty strongly in the recent year or two so I prioritise it to keep consistency (and thanks to Screen Anime I can save a bit of money for the next year).

Gundam 00 isn’t... somehow that bundle is still there when’s wing sold out in one day.,, (makes me thank Christ as 00 is the most overrated Gundam)
Probably more down to AL stating that they were going to do a bundle for Wing and then back tracked after part 1 was already OOP. They never stated there would be a bundle for 00 so no one was waiting on it.

Probably more down to AL stating that they were going to do a bundle for Wing and then back tracked after part 1 was already OOP. They never stated there would be a bundle for 00 so no one was waiting on it.
Not really? I mean we were first promised 00 as a complete set, then it slipped down to how they've done other Gundam and over recent months were clear it and Wing would follow the same release model.

Might have been impacted by the fact there was a long wait to get 00 finished compared to Wing.

Not really? I mean we were first promised 00 as a complete set, then it slipped down to how they've done other Gundam and over recent months were clear it and Wing would follow the same release model.

Might have been impacted by the fact there was a long wait to get 00 finished compared to Wing.
Probably didn't help that after a 7 month gap between 00 part 2 and the movie they did it within a month of early birds for both IBO parts.

IBO part 1 EB > mid May
IBO part 2 EB > end May
00 movie EB > mid June

During this uncertain time dropping £120 on anime may not have been an option for some... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, that Promised Neverland thing is interesting. Didn't know there was a UK licence (I guess it hasn't been properly announced?) but if this is the case then I guess I've lucked out avoiding getting the US version so far.

If I remember correctly the IBO pt2 EB coincided with the Cloud Matsuri weekend. I think they also did Megalo Box EB that same weekend.

Back