It's a (plastic) Gundam!!!

I've got a slew of HGUC I've built (badly) over the last few years but lockdown has got me hankering for things to do and I'm tempted to try an MG. Is HLJ still the supplier of choice or are there better sources in the UK or Europe?

I've got a slew of HGUC I've built (badly) over the last few years but lockdown has got me hankering for things to do and I'm tempted to try an MG. Is HLJ still the supplier of choice or are there better sources in the UK or Europe?
HLJ are always good, haven't used them in a while as my LCS can get in just about any non P-Bandai kit for me.

If you are looking for premium stuff www.hobbyfrontline.com is not a bad choice. They ship from Ireland and are quite a bit cheaper than Gundam Mad. May have some additional charges after this year due to Brexit though.

i've been watching Gundam on and off over the last couple months and now i'm kinda interested in buying a figure, i tried looking at the hobbyfrontline website in the above post and kinda got lost and confused with what to look for

i'm trying to find the double Zeta from ZZ that splits into parts and transforms into the full mecha i guess kinda like a transformers figure, before looking on the site my only real knowledge of gundam figures were the ones that you glue together but i'm not really interested in those

i've been watching Gundam on and off over the last couple months and now i'm kinda interested in buying a figure, i tried looking at the hobbyfrontline website in the above post and kinda got lost and confused with what to look for

i'm trying to find the double Zeta from ZZ that splits into parts and transforms into the full mecha i guess kinda like a transformers figure, before looking on the site my only real knowledge of gundam figures were the ones that you glue together but i'm not really interested in those
Your best bet for that would be the MG ZZ Ver Ka, it isn't the cheapest of kits though but not pricy either. The HG splits as well as does the original MG but are not the most posable of figures, the big shoulders and backpack don't make for very good arm movement.

MG 1/100 MSZ-010 ZZ Gundam Ver. Ka | Hobby Frontline

Your best bet for that would be the MG ZZ Ver Ka, it isn't the cheapest of kits though but not pricy either. The HG splits as well as does the original MG but are not the most posable of figures, the big shoulders and backpack don't make for very good arm movement.

MG 1/100 MSZ-010 ZZ Gundam Ver. Ka | Hobby Frontline
that one seems decently priced, i'll keep an eye on it and try and order it if it comes back instock

This is a "close enough" thread to ask this

Currently looking at getting a few paints and was planning to stick with Tamiya

But the paint conversion table I've found is a little... Off? (Please dont hate me for saying this)

Example

H55 = Tamiya X3
H56 = Tamiya XF18

But from the looks online they are very different colors

Would it be best to stick with Kotobukiya colors as they are in the manual. Or would the conversion table be pretty ok to use

Back