UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just out of curiosity, Andrew mentioned a couple of pages back that Utena "is in progress for approvals etc". Anyone, with far better knowledge than me when it comes to this, knows where in the exact licensing process this is? Is it somewhere in the beginning of the process, in the middle or towards the end?
In the middle, approvals is probably the slowest part of the process as you collate your materials for release and send it to the licensor and then have to wait for approval of your assets. This can take months going back and forth before it is in a state both sides can agree on to release.

In the middle, approvals is probably the slowest part of the process as you collate your materials for release and send it to the licensor and then have to wait for approval of your assets. This can take months going back and forth before it is in a state both sides can agree on to release.

Ah, I was kinda expecting that. So I guess that release won't happen until fairly far off into the future. Thanks for the reply!

Hey gang.

Has anyone here outside the UK received their Gundam Wing Endless Waltz?

I know we are still living in these crazy Corona times and there has also been a few hollidays, but I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks now for Endless Waltz to arrive.

Everything is really slow atm. Mvm shipped a package for me April 24th and it will probably arrive tomorrow according to Postnord. I live in Sweden btw :)

Well, at least these new Collector's Edition releases feel sorta justified (you get a booklet at least). Bought that A Silent Voice one on a whim and it is the only thing from AL I outright regret buying (already owned the SE and what is included in the new Collector's Edition certainly isn't exciting enough to warrant buying it again for £29.99 I realised once I got it).

Well, at least these new Collector's Edition releases feel sorta justified (you get a booklet at least). Bought that A Silent Voice one on a whim and it is the only thing from AL I outright regret buying (already owned the SE and what is included in the new Collector's Edition certainly isn't exciting enough to warrant buying it again for £29.99 I realised once I got it).

£30 is too much but it's been regularly available for just over £15 on Amazon and Base.

I always check or wait for the Collectors Edition contents to be revealed before I buy them.

£30 is too much but it's been regularly available for just over £15 on Amazon and Base.

I always check or wait for the Collectors Edition contents to be revealed before I buy them.

Yeah, but once again, it was a "spur of the moment" kind of thing. Love the movie so when I saw "A Silent Voice + Collector's Edition" I jumped at it. Not AL's fault at all, just mine own for not reading what was included before buying it. I mean, I paid £16 for:

A rigid case utilising artwork previously not available for use in the United Kingdom... - That's cool I guess, but I would've preferred something closer to the OG Collector's Editions box artwork. In fact, I think most people would have preferred something closer to the OG Collector's Edition box artwork.

A replica of the UK 2017 theatrical poster... - Well, it's more or less just the ordinary A Silent Voice cover/standard picture enlarged and its also the same pic that's on the cover of the amaray.

5 art cards... - Well, one of these art cards I am fairly certain is just a screen grab from the movie. Another one is just that ordinary A Silent Voice cover/standard picture again, but this time converted into an art card.

Once again, if you don't own the movie in anyway, it might be worth buying this CE. Especially at £15. However, if you're like me and want to "upgrade" your set, it's not really worth it (at least not at £30). That's why I think these FMA CE releases (or the Terror in Resonance one) is a ever so slight step up for these CE re-releases. You do at least get a booklet, which is always something.

I only bought it for that artwork...,, as I think nothing encapsulates the theme of the film better and I remember AL saying they disliked that art and would never get it I have the normal CE anyway so it wasn’t upgrading anything for me.
But I wouldn’t call those release CEs they are a middle ground between them both TiR and FMA have over 50+ pages of approved artwork/material yet they make really small books it doesn’t make sense.

Once again, if you don't own the movie in anyway, it might be worth buying this CE. Especially at £15. However, if you're like me and want to "upgrade" your set, it's not really worth it (at least not at £30). That's why I think these FMA CE releases (or the Terror in Resonance one) is a ever so slight step up for these CE re-releases. You do at least get a booklet, which is always something.

As someone who already owns the original FMA due to the Amazon Canada Deal of the Day £10 offer years ago, I've been interested in getting the UK version for a while and I never really bothered with the previous CE due to the barebones content that it had. This 2020 re-release is a lot more appealing since it's similar to Plastic Memories but with a booklet that has artwork from the UE at least, so once it goes down in price I'll pick it up (don't want to spend £70 on the series right now tbh).

Back