So, what's for lunch?

Had a moving mountains burger with a slice of swiss on it with some fries from The Alchemist as it's 50% off at the moment. I'm not vegetarian but love veggie food and it was SO nice!

If all these really A class meat alternatives were as affordable as meat I'd make the move but when you see 200g of mince for £3 versus 500g of the real stuff for £2, it's a bit of a p*ss take.

We need pictures Dani :)
Also I've just finished a conversation with this girl I know like 10 minutes ago or something and she doesn't like the idea of me eating turtle next time I go Japan. I said you could put a carrot over its head and it'd be Michaelangelo or pickled cabbage and it'd be Donatello - which one would you like? She wasn't impressed :(

We need pictures Dani :)
Also I've just finished a conversation with this girl I know like 10 minutes ago or something and she doesn't like the idea of me eating turtle next time I go Japan. I said you could put a carrot over its head and it'd be Michaelangelo or pickled cabbage and it'd be Donatello - which one would you like? She wasn't impressed :(

Turtle feels weird, even I wouldn't try that and I try and stay open minded. Saying that it's not down to anyone elses opinion over your eating habits lol.

I can't post from work :( looks like a standard beef burger. Got a FB reaction then my friend retracted it when I said it was veggie hehe, he was fooled!

Going to Salvis after work for 40% off, gonna try their 4 cheese pizza! It's my fave italian outside of Rome. Not a lunch I know but I'm a food sl*t so lemme enjoy :p

There's on my list still. Have you been to Shoryu? - as I'm wondering if here is a contender to it as I LOVE Shoryu.

I know Tokyo Ramen has a small menu though doesn't it so Shoryu wins on doing buns already.

Think I'm going to Nudo for their veggie curry or their chicken, noodle and gyoza box.

There's on my list still. Have you been to Shoryu? - as I'm wondering if here is a contender to it as I LOVE Shoryu.
Shoryu's one of my favourites as well. The katsu curry ramen is nice from there or the Dracula one (so much garlic). It's took Shoryu a bit of time but now they ask you how you'd prefer your noodles cooked (like firm or soft etc), and they do noodle refills.
I know Tokyo Ramen has a small menu though doesn't it so Shoryu wins on doing buns already.
It only has four different ramen on the menu, and my mate had the kimchi chicken one which looked nice. Buns are pretty average for me to be honest but at Shoryu its the takiyaki you want to try :)

Yeah see with Tokyo Ramen's menu so small I'd like to believe the dishes they do are perfect. Think its only the chicken one I'd try tbh. I'm so picky on seafood and texture sadly.

That's why I can't brave takoyaki. Had em once and the octopus was all ground up and I loved it. So got em again and the octopus was whole in chunks like I got a bit of the suction cup on em and I had to spit it out :( had osyster katsu and again the texture is why I can't have it again. Boo hiss.

That's why I can't brave takoyaki. Had em once and the octopus was all ground up and I loved it. So got em again and the octopus was whole in chunks like I got a bit of the suction cup on em and I had to spit it out :(
Well you can try some of mine sometime if you want, I can never eat them all anyway :)
Failing that try the tako karaagi which is closer to calamari in texture

Haha I try one then have to immediately spit it in my napkin. It's so awkward. I wonder if anyone else in here has texture issues too lol.

It was only last year I was able to start eating sashimi! Before it had to be maki, cali rolls and nigiri!

Shoryu do some solid ramen, my mate loves the Dracula bowl. One of the great things about Central London is that it has some great options for Japanese food. Eat Tokyo is my go-to though Japan Centre also has good stuff to go.

Yeah the Dracula one is so nice! What I'm sad about is that Japanese takeaway chain Wasabi (the green font one as we have another here too) isn't here in Manchester. I enjoyed grabbing it in certain train stations.

Back