UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Thanks!, How do you search for English books anyway I keep getting german stuff
On uk amazon when I'm searching for stuff in spanish I just type spanish after the title and it tends to come up. Dont know if the same trick will work on other versions of amazon.

Browsed through all 61 pages of English manga, and got a handful of things. Real bummed I missed the 30€ Alita boxset though, congrats to anyone that snagged one at that price.

Attack on Titan Vol. 18-20 including english subbed OAD/OVA for less than 6€ each!

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Black Friday sales have begun on Amazon UK and they have a 15% off select anime offering. Apparently the discount shows up during checkout but it's not entirely clear to be honest.

The list does include US animated titles like Avatar, Genlock and various others.

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Black Friday sales have begun on Amazon UK and they have a 15% off select anime offering. Apparently the discount shows up during checkout but it's not entirely clear to be honest.
Seems like a very inconsistent "up to 15%" which is not helped by Amazon failing to display exactly how much the titles on sale have been discounted by. Some of them would appear to be more than 15%, others like they've been discounted by about 50p.

Some great prices, sadly I have no idea how to manouvre a proxy shipper and those costs can add up too.
e.g. Shipito:
expect approx 10$ fees for receiving and handling (a little more, if the sender splits your order in multiple packages that should be repacked into one) + e.g. 50$ for sending 3kg from the US to UK
+ customs fees

if you intend buying only very few items, you may shop at Amazon or Rightstuf during sales, as even small packages will cost you more than 30$ in shipping and handling (+ customs)

Amazon charges tax for orders to California, Sentai, Rightstuf and Funi don't

Last edited:
a couple of the titles that are supposed to be discounted only had a price drop according to CCC around the begining of the month so either amazon is trying to pull a fast one on us or like the 4k UHD sale that started the other day, they haven't actually dropped the prices yet

Just a note to say that if anyone is planning on ordering from that Sentai sale and is using a proxy shipper and wouldn’t mind splitting the cost then I may be interested! (Though admittedly my list of titles is already getting big.)

Sentai sales are a bust for me because I pretty much own every single title of theirs I am even remotely interested in already (except Legend of the the Galactic Heroes, which never goes on sale) - but it does hurt to see what the sale prices are on a lot of those releases I've long bought, and all the money I could have saved if I would have just waited a few years, lol...

Same here for the most part. But many have gone oop, so I guess it evens out a bit.
Logh... I really wonder if there would be a standard once it's gone or not... If not I kinda hope its stock lasts a while longer. =\
(Or somebody make the dollar weaker again. Euro dropped 15% while I was still considering. 5% went up again, but kinda stuck atm?)

Last edited:
Same here for the most part. But many have gone oop, so I guess it evens out a bit.
Logh... I really wonder if there would be a standard once it's fine or not... If not I kinda hope its stock lasts a while longer. =\
(Or somebody make the dollar weaker again. Euro dropped 15% while I was still considering. 5% sent up again, but kinda stuck atm?)
Yeah, Brexit is really killing the value of the Euro atm against every currency except Sterling.

Logh... I really wonder if there would be a standard once it's gone or not... If not I kinda hope its stock lasts a while longer. =\
(Or somebody make the dollar weaker again. Euro dropped 15% while I was still considering. 5% went up again, but kinda stuck atm?)

Well, most of the Sentai titles I bought were usually on some kind of sale, although their sales prices weren't nearly as jaw dropping as they have been these last 2-3 years. I've got 120 Sentai Blu-rays in my collection, comprising 84 individual anime series, so that is still only a very small portion of their entire offerings; I just have no interest in any of their remaining titles, so going through the listings every time there is a Sentai sale is basically fruitless for me, lol. I now only have to keep my eye on any new releases I might want from Sentai. Oh well, at least it saves me money to put towards that Legend of the Galactic Heroes Box set!

As for LotGH, I highly, highly doubt there will ever be a standard edition release of the series, I think the current box set is a once and done thing; they were probably very lucky to even get the license to release it at all, and the agreement most likely won't allow any standard release, nor be allowed to go on sale. I do still plan to purchase the set by next summer at the latest, if any are left.

The World God Only Knows, K-On! Premium Box, Angel Beats, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Azumanga Daioh just to name a few Sentai OOPs

I do have Angel Beats and Dusk Maiden, I picked both of those up in 2013. The rest of those titles I had no interest in, so I probably won't ever miss them... :)

Back