General Cartoons Thread

So will this drop before cab even watch season 3? (legally)

I expect this crap from anime companies, not Warner Bros!

Unfortunately this a problem when content is exclusive to streaming services that are only available in the US, some shows like Titans and Star Trek Discovery we've been lucky that Netflix have picked them up over here which is what i hoping they'd do for Doom Patrol and Young Justice but that doesn't seem to be case :(

It's a shame as even though it'd be another expense i'd sub to DC Universe if it was available here, hopefully when WB new service HBOMax launches it's available here and they have all of the DC Universe content on there.

Really? I'm not that familiar with Supergirl so I cant agree or disagree. Batgirl on the other hand, I like what the show has done to her!

In most portrayals like her original comics, the (terrible) Supergirl movie, the DCAU, current CW show and old DC Superhero girls shorts, she's aleays more or less just been a 'good girl' kind of character. In this new DCSHG show, she's more of a moody punk girl.

Unfortunately this a problem when content is exclusive to streaming services that are only available in the US, some shows like Titans and Star Trek Discovery we've been lucky that Netflix have picked them up over here which is what i hoping they'd do for Doom Patrol and Young Justice but that doesn't seem to be case :(

It's a shame as even though it'd be another expense i'd sub to DC Universe if it was available here, hopefully when WB new service HBOMax launches it's available here and they have all of the DC Universe content on there.

This problem could gain even more notoriety with Disney's upcoming plethora of MCU and Star Wars shows. With the former, they're even boasting that they'll directly tie in with future movies. If they take their sweet **** time in getting them out to the rest of the world, are their hardcore fans really going to just sit and wait while spoilers potentially litter he internet for months on end?

So with the upcoming Static Cling film for Rocko’s Modern Life I thought to potentially go back and watch some of the series. Saw there’s a German SD BD release so might get that at some point. The theme song alone brought back some memories from childhood.

I seriously can't wait for this

I love Invader Zim, and I hope this leads to a new series, or maybe atleast finish the episodes from Season 2 that were halfway through production.

Oh damn didn’t know there was an Invader Zim film being made too. Nickelodeon had some really bizarre shows back in the day.

Oh damn didn’t know there was an Invader Zim film being made too. Nickelodeon had some really bizarre shows back in the day.

Ye, but Nick cancelled it because it while it was a top show. It was with the wrong demographic.

This film lands on Netflix on the 16th

I recall an episode wherein Zim harvests various peoples organs, looked like a story straight out of a Cronenberg film.

I recall an episode wherein Zim harvests various peoples organs, looked like a story straight out of a Cronenberg film.

Ye. The creator of Zim before he got the tv show was known for very disturbing comics. I'm surprised Nick was expecting a young kids show from someone who did very dark themes.

I remember Ren and Stimpy being very bizarre too, though when they brought that back in the early 2000s it was pretty bad. The new Hey Arnold! film was pretty decent at least so it’s nice to see these shows getting a second chance.

Now if Cartoon Network could give us proper DVD releases of most of their shows I’d be happy-I’ve had to make do with Asian Ed Edd n Eddy releases for years.

I remember Ren and Stimpy being very bizarre too, though when they brought that back in the early 2000s it was pretty bad. The new Hey Arnold! film was pretty decent at least so it’s nice to see these shows getting a second chance.

Now if Cartoon Network could give us proper DVD releases of most of their shows I’d be happy-I’ve had to make do with Asian Ed Edd n Eddy releases for years.

I mean. I've been interested in checking out Steven Universe but I refuse to support the UK home releases given the nature of certain scenes they cut in earlier seasons. And rifht now, I still have no way to watch imports.

So Adventure Time finally showed up on Blu Ray over here. Anyone here bought them?, is there anything missing from the US/AUS releases or are they exactly the same in terms of content

My thoughts:

- The stunt casting irks me. frank Welker has always voiced Fred. They're letting him voice Scooby but not the character he originated.

- it does look like something refreshing for the franchise, from animation to the writing etc which does intrigue me.

- I hope the inclusion of other Hanna-Barbera xharacters doesn't lead to a situation like thr recent 'Mummy' reboot or Amazing Spider-Man 2 where they're more concerned with setting up a cinematic universe that distracts from the story.

- People are fussing about Scooby's name origin but it makes sense when you think about it.

- Good to see Warner Bros trying with feature animation again.

- I'm still not kern on them having Scooby talk so much. Its a trend that's bern building over the decades to the point where he now delivers full prose quite often. Not something specific to this movie but it still bugs me.

I was eight years old when the original Scooby Doo, Where are You? series aired back in 1969-1970. I enjoyed the original series episodes but completely lost all interest in it when they introduced Scrappy Doo later in the 1970's. I haven't watched any Scooby Doo series or movies since then. I think I mentioned this before, but I never could tolerate any small, talking animal sidekicks added just for silly comic relief in any cartoons or anime. That is why I dropped Granblue Fantasy like a hotcake after only a couple episodes. Ugh. A shame, because that series seemed like it would have been an excellent story otherwise.

Last edited:
Back