Legal Streaming: Every Anime Available for the UK & Ireland Online

Just a curious thought. How often do we get shows added tp these services within the UK only? As in a show not licensed by that service in the U.S.? The only one I can really think of is Netflix, can anyone recall any of the more anime focused services ever doing this?
Crunchyroll has done this a couple of times thanks to Anime Limited. Through their examples, Love Live! Sunshine and Tokyo Ghoul:re, both had to have their episodic add-on tweets manually removed by Crunchyroll because US folks bitched about it.

Funimation Now are started adding UK exclusive titles with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. As they acquired Manga UK, Funimation will be able to add more titles exclusively for the UK via Manga UK like Naruto: Shippuden. Right now it looks like they're focusing on titles that were already or once made available on the service via the US side which makes it easier for adding catalog titles (like Index, Blood-C, Sword Art Online Season 1 etc.).

Crunchyroll has done this a couple of times thanks to Anime Limited. Through their examples, Love Live! Sunshine and Tokyo Ghoul:re, both had to have their episodic add-on tweets manually removed by Crunchyroll because US folks bitched about it.

Wow, priveledge much?

Nice to know they don't forget about us after the initial license is acquired. Tells me they'll at least try to add Dragon Ball Super now that its oh TV.

Did Manga Entertainment always hold those streaming rights but never used them?

But it seems like Netflix are the only ones more often adding things here that aren't necessarily in the U.S. Just something I appreciate and a point I put in their favour whenever their worth to the anime community is discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Manga Entertainment always hold those streaming rights but never used them?
Yes. Most notable example was Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto series.

The reason various titles are showing up on Funimation Now for the UK is that Manga always had the rights to those titles for streaming but never used them in fear of their home video sales declining. The Toei titles Dragon Ball Z and One Piece are up in the air because nobody really knows how Toei Europe works (though Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods and Resurrection F are fine).

I mean, Dragon Ball Super is on TV now so maybe they'll finally gige in.

And wow, I never had a straight answer before, I had suspicion that night be the case. Though I never wanted to consider that the industry was that screwed up and anti-consumer. Now I'm even more glad they were bought out.

I mean, Dragon Ball Super is on TV now so maybe they'll finally gige in.

And wow, I never had a straight answer before, I had suspicion that night be the case. Though I never wanted to consider that the industry was that screwed up and anti-consumer. Now I'm even more glad they were bought out.
Dragon Ball Super has been made available for legal streaming since it had first aired and so have recent Toei properties outside of One Piece and Sailor Moon.

The Spreadsheet has now been updated!

All the latest Back Catalog and 2019 Summer Season Releases has been added.

I've also added all the release seasons for the HIDIVE section.

As with all spreadsheet updates, if you spot any errors, please let me know and I'll correct it.

Is the link for Texhnolyze working for anyone else? Just checked it and it seems the videos are all unavailable.
No! I checked a few of the others and they work still. I was the one who messaged NG with a list of Funimation shows on YouTube that worked. I notice most of them aren't on the lists in the first few posts, possibly because they are available on the website anyway? Texhnolyze wasn't one of those though.
Maybe the license ran out. Shame as I wanted to watch that at some point.

No! I checked a few of the others and they work still. I was the one who messaged NG with a list of Funimation shows on YouTube that worked. I notice most of them aren't on the lists in the first few posts, possibly because they are available on the website anyway? Texhnolyze wasn't one of those though.
Maybe the license ran out. Shame as I wanted to watch that at some point.
Correct I felt that considering they were added in full on Funimation Now that I didn't see the point in adding the YouTube versions (which were mostly in low res). However, some titles that weren't on Funimation Now were on their YouTube counterparts hence why they had remained. At one point apparently, they unlocked every Funi title on YouTube so they must have relocked it including those that should've been from the start.

YouTube versions (which were mostly in low res)
Yeah, I re-read my message and I made that point as well, just forgot. Although thinking about it, even though lower res watching them on YouTube would mean less interruption from ads.
unlocked every Funi title
It wasn't every title. It took me ages going through the list of playlists trying to play the first video and then checking the rest if the first one worked!
Maybe Texhnolyze was missed as it wasn't on the UK site and now they've realised. Maybe someone from Funi happened upon your list and went whoops that shouldn't be there 😅

Catalog:

Afro Samurai, Afro Samurai: Resurrection, Blood-C, Deadman Wonderland, and Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-san under Funimation has been added to the list.

English dub add-on for Nichijou: My Ordinary Life under Funimation has been added to the list.

Blue Seed, Blue Seed Beyond and Delinquent Hamsters under HIDIVE have been added to the list.

In addition, all Funimation YouTube titles (Glass Fleet, Jinki: Extend, Spice & Wolf, Tenchi Universe, Texnolyze) have been removed from the list.

Summer 2019 Season:

SD GUNDAM WORLD SANGOKU SOKETSUDEN under Crunchyroll has been added to the list.

Catalog:

Bakugan Battle Brawlers [Season 1] under Amazon Prime has been added to the list.

Blood-C: The Last Dark under Funimation has been added to the list.

Elfen Lied, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and Tenkai Knights under Netflix has been removed from the list.

Summer 2019 Season:

KENGAN ASHURA under Netflix has been added to the list.

Try Knights under Crunchyroll has been added to the list.

Catalog:

Bakugan Battle Brawlers [Season 2] under Amazon Prime has been added to the list.

Asura Cryin', Asura Cryin' 2, BPS: Battle Programmer Shirase, and Maria Watches Over Us ~ printemps under HIDIVE has been added to the list.

English dub add-on for Chain Chronicle and The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst under Crunchyroll has been added to the list.

English dub add-on for Ao-chan Can't Study under HIDIVE has been added to the list.

Summer 2019 Season:

Cannon Busters under Netflix has been added to the list.

Adjustments:

Netflix has tweaked the show pages for Blue Exorcist and Gunslinger Girl. Their respective second seasons are now available under the Season 2 dropdown of the first season's show page, therefore the individual links for the second season pages are no longer active. This has been amended in the first post.

In addition, Crunchyroll and Funimation have tweaked their audio options for select titles. Crunchyroll will lose the English dubs and Funimation will lose the English subtitles for the following; The Helpful Fox Senko-san, Isekai Quartet, Million Arthur [Season 2], Strike Witches: 501st JOINT FIGHTER WING Take Off!, and YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (1st cour at the moment, 2nd cour after it finishes airing).

Catalog:

Initial D Legend 2: Racer under Amazon Prime has been added to the list.

The Testament of Sister New Devil Departures under Crunchyroll has been added to the list.

This Art Club Has a Problem! under HIDIVE has been added to the list.

I was playing with my new Amazon Fire TV and found an app by TMS. It's not a massive collection of shows and seemingly quite random, but here's the list (all sub only as far as I can tell):
Actually, I am
Bananya
Brave 10
(Go Nagai's) Devil Lady
GOD MARS
Itakiss
Lupin the 3rd: Part 1
Pilot's Love Song
Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas
Z/X Ignition

I was playing with my new Amazon Fire TV and found an app by TMS. It's not a massive collection of shows and seemingly quite random, but here's the list (all sub only as far as I can tell):
Actually, I am
Bananya
Brave 10
(Go Nagai's) Devil Lady
GOD MARS
Itakiss
Lupin the 3rd: Part 1
Pilot's Love Song
Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas
Z/X Ignition
Interesting. I knew TMS had a special section of sorts but as far as I understood it was supposed to be US only.

Back