UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Apologies to anyone who got a bootleg, I just thought it was a good price :( Turned out to be too good to be true

Not your fault at all ^_^, especially given it was musicmagpie. Ebay are absolutely useless when it comes to any kind of curation. They seem to spend most of their time ignoring counterfeit items and location misrepresentation (so sick of Chinese sellers masquerading as UK, though it does get me a lot of freebies.) I often get fed up looking for stuff on ebay due to all that and end up going elsewhere.

Last edited:
the Ghost n The shell Stand Alone Complex boxset is £22.99 on amazon

Am I correct that the SE boxset has the corrected discs, as opposed to the original discs in the big CE Box? IIRC, there were chapter stop issues and/or something else with the CE Discs, I think for the first series or the first two discs, I can't remember the details... I was unable to get free replacement discs from Manga after I bought the CE set, so this would be a good price for me to buy them myself, if the issues were fixed. And, Is the disc art the same as the CE discs?

And am I correct that that set has the corrected discs as opposed to the ones in the big CE box Set? There were chapter stop issues and/or something else with the CE Discs, I think for the first series or the first two discs, I can't remember the details... I could not get free replacement discs for the CE set, so this would be a good price for me to get them myself, if it fixes the issues. Is the disc art the same as the CE?
Yes they are the better discs.

OK, Thanks for the quick response, doctor - phew, only 9 left in stock when I first opened the product page, and only 4 left after I bought my set a few minutes later! Just over $28 US including shipping - that's only $3 per Blu-ray disc! And thanks for the heads-up, Oldmario!

Last edited:
Some Amazon price updates:

Digimon Adventure Tri Complete Collection (Blu-ray) now down to £49.99
Dragon Ball Super Broly (Blu-ray) now down to £10.00
Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] 1. Presage Flower Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) now down to £22.23
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Complete Collection (Blu-ray) now down to £22.99 (out of stock but more incoming)
Hellsing Ultimate Complete Collection (Blu-ray) now down to £33.09
Mirai Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) still at £23.99 (reminder that AL has said its close to OOP)
Shomin Sample (Blu-ray) still at £19.99 (due to AL/Funi deal expired, this set is OOP)
The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 1 Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) now down to £24.89

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

So much to my dismay (I only discovered this after buying them for more elsewhere), recently looking for the rest of Hidamari Sketch on BD (MVM have only done Season 1) and found them highly discounted on RightStufAnime at the moment:

Hidamari Sketch - $12
Hidamari Sketch X 365 - $12
Hidamari Sketch X Hoshimittsu - $12
Hidamari Sketch X SP - $6.25
Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb - $12

There are some other quite big discounts on some titles there too (Strawberry Marshmallow is one I may pick up, currently $12.36 for the series and $9.01 for the OVAs).

They do charge at least $13 dollars shipping to the UK however, and I'm not sure about whether you get stung on customs buying from them having not done so directly before (although I did recently buy a manga from them but via the Marketplace and didn't get anything that time).

Those Hidamari sets are tempting though with Honeycomb and SP costing $18.25 total I’m not sure if it’s still under the £15 VAT limit or not.

Those Hidamari sets are tempting though with Honeycomb and SP costing $18.25 total I’m not sure if it’s still under the £15 VAT limit or not.
Just under ~£14.60, Rightstuf don't declare shipping costs on the customs form either so you should be fine.

I would advise using a Revolut card for US payments. Conversion is at the interbank rate with no conversion fee.

Just under ~£14.60, Rightstuf don't declare shipping costs on the customs form either so you should be fine.

I would advise using a Revolut card for US payments. Conversion is at the interbank rate with no conversion fee.
I’ll look into Revolut, do I need to apply for a physical card or is it all online?

Back