Berserk

I tried that book trick, not sure if it’s worked but the pages turn very nicely. Miura’s art has changed quite a bit over the years but the early art holds up well.

Berserk Volume 2 will be out soon. I Pre-ordered from Amazon this time but let's see if there will be enough stock this time.

Anyone going back to swift paltry for a 2nd chance?

I recently watched the 40 min youtube documentary "Berserk - More than Blood and Guts" which covers all the output (Manga, Anime and Video Games).

It caught me off guard as I was not expecting such a deep storyline and I am definitely no dark fantasy reader. However, I think I am going to take a tour to our nearest Manga and Comic book store tomorrow to see if I can get an example. It would be odd to buy the ultimate edition right away, so easy does it for me. :)

I do have a question for the experts here: I dont know if I got it correctly from the documentation - is the manga starting off in a different way that it is heading further down the path? For example - is it one of those "oh you have to read until chapter 10 until it gets good" mangas ? ;)

I do have a question for the experts here: I dont know if I got it correctly from the documentation - is the manga starting off in a different way that it is heading further down the path? For example - is it one of those "oh you have to read until chapter 10 until it gets good" mangas ? ;)

I would say yes but also not necessarily. The opening chapters are still very entertaining although I would agree in a different way to the rest of the manga. Without spoiling anything I will speak vaguely. The opening act The Black Swordman Arc is a prologue of sorts that is more inline with what I believe you imagined about an angry man cutting up monsters in the dozens, this lasts for about three volumes but even then there are questions raised and hints thrown about suggesting why our main character is so emotionally wounded.

Afterwards you have the Golden Age arc which is a flashback or prequal to events which build up the main character and shows the reader how things got to the point you saw in the prologue. This is when the story starts getting complicated and starts exploring subjects like politics, commoradary, betrayal etc in this world. After that the story plays out more linearly from the point first arc ended.

I hope this helped :)

Last edited:
Back