The Football Thread

Luke

Student Council President
In this thread we can discuss soccer and other soccer related things.

Are you looking for a upcoming league, tournament or transfers then sit back have fun and enjoy yourselves.

I'm a Aston Villa fan so I'm hoping they do a lot better than last time we were in the premier league.

@Azar @D1tchd1gger and anyone else interested.

Well, my fav player and namsake has left, we arent allowed to make any signings, all our best young players are currently injured and we've got a very inexperienced new manager coming in with no Premier League experience! Safe to say, im buzzing!

Also these new handball rules and VAR are going to be great in the PL!

:oops:

Well, my fav player and namsake has left, we arent allowed to make any signings, all our best young players are currently injured and we've got a very inexperienced new manager coming in with no Premier League experience! Safe to say, im buzzing!

Also these new handball rules and VAR are going to be great in the PL!

:oops:
Ha ha yeah it will be tough but on the plus side the youth players should be able to get plenty of chances to improve and help the club.
Abraham is a very good striker if he is given the chance and you RLC and Hudsons coming back.

It might be better for the club to see how things go as that also means less money spent and more potentially gained.

The title of this thread is painful.

Anyway I'm always ready for disappointment supporting Arsenal. Been with them since I knew what football was so I'll never not support my team (I'm no glory hunter) but god do they make me wish I didn't care. Take me back to the 2002 when I went to the parades and Thierry Henry posed for a picture 😂
I'm honestly expecting nothing to improve for many years to come, especially not with that slime ball leech Kroenke owning the club. He'd rather fund his precious LA Rams.

Club's rotting from the inside out and it's heartbreaking to see. Well, for Arsenal fans only I guess. Everyone else loves to have a laugh at our expense eh ;)

You Premier League types make me laugh talking about all your 'troubles'. You should try supporting Walsall. We just got relegated and will be playing in glamorous League Two next season. 😪

Shouldn’t it be called the Football thread since it’s a UK based forum?
Luke's Irish, so 'soccer' is the correct term in some areas over there. I've changed the title to avoid any twisted knickers, though. :p

Last edited:
Although I follow football I don't support an English club as I have no family connection to one.

The club I do support however is Osasuna in Spain. (My mums from a village near Pamplona so my extended family on the Spanish side all support them) obviously I dont get to see them play much but I try to go to the first home game of the season as I tend to be in Spain around then anyway.

We got promoted this year winning the Segunda so will be back with the big boys next season! We've already bought 2 new strikers. One from one of the relegated teams (still scored 10 last yr) and another from the Barcelona B team for a combined €5.2mil so pretty gd business on the surface. 🤞

I think I mentioned this before, but I went to Walsall when Chelsea were in the Second Division (Championship to you young whippersnappers!) 30 years ago 😮
We thrashed them 7-0!
Thanks for that 😒

We're they still at Fellows Park then? I used to love going to Fellows Park, you could see most of the pitch from the nearby railway bridge. So we used to watch the first half from the bridge, then the second half you could get in the ground for free 😁

It's a Morrisons now 😥

The title of this thread is painful.

Anyway I'm always ready for disappointment supporting Arsenal. Been with them since I knew what football was so I'll never not support my team (I'm no glory hunter) but god do they make me wish I didn't care. Take me back to the 2002 when I went to the parades and Thierry Henry posed for a picture 😂
I'm honestly expecting nothing to improve for many years to come, especially not with that slime ball leech Kroenke owning the club. He'd rather fund his precious LA Rams.

Club's rotting from the inside out and it's heartbreaking to see. Well, for Arsenal fans only I guess. Everyone else loves to have a laugh at our expense eh ;)

Yeah, Kroenke wants Arssneal to get better and isn't putting a penny into the club's transfers funds from what I've read.
Even Mike Ashley has put more into Newcastle lol.
It would be interesting to see a frontline of Laca, Auba and Zaha.

Shouldn’t it be called the Football thread since it’s a UK based forum?
But it is fun to tease the brits about the correct name of the sport 😂

You Premier League types make me laugh talking about all your 'troubles'. You should try supporting Walsall. We just got relegated and will be playing in glamorous League Two next season. 😪
Walsall are a good team but seems to let themselves down at times as a Aston Villa fan I know about the team switching off and not making an effort like when we got relegated we were basically the sheep to every other teams welshman 😣
but lucky enough some players were given a good kick up the **** last season and it was built upon.
So hoping Walsall can do similar.

I'm a Newcastle fan.

My permanent state for the past 10 years in relation to football:
View attachment 9174
One of my friends is a Newcastle fan and he joked at least I'm not an Arsenal, Spurs or United fan lol.
But I do hope they can get back some form rather than it in patches

Although I follow football I don't support an English club as I have no family connection to one.

The club I do support however is Osasuna in Spain. (My mums from a village near Pamplona so my extended family on the Spanish side all support them) obviously I dont get to see them play much but I try to go to the first home game of the season as I tend to be in Spain around then anyway.

We got promoted this year winning the Segunda so will be back with the big boys next season! We've already bought 2 new strikers. One from one of the relegated teams (still scored 10 last yr) and another from the Barcelona B team for a combined €5.2mil so pretty gd business on the surface. 🤞
That is pretty cool and hope it can continue to go well.

I’m a Man United fan

A team so fine, that we only source our defenders from the very best of Pub teams.
View attachment 9177
Yeah united haven't been that good in recent years with many suggesting it is because they aren't getting the refs support with decisions anymore lol.
If you can get rid of POgba and other slackers and replace them with improvements that would be better for them.
Martial and Rashord got chances last year so let's hope they can build and show what they are really capable this coming season.
You got AWB so should be interesting.

I might do another Fantasy Premier League with some friends and when it is set up if anyone wants to join in just let me know.

Villa need to sign Tyrone Mings or we could be in trouble.

Back