UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Honestly, Kodomo no Jikan is the only series I have no interest in checking out, for obvious reasons (I first heard of the show when I saw an eyecatch compilation on YouTube which included (but not limited to) Sailor Moon, Macross, Dragon Ball and Escaflowne).

On topic, Bunny Girl Senpai is another one which interests me, but I'll be checking it out first. I actually plan on reviewing that one day for my blog, and if I give it a score of either 4 or 5 out of 5, it would be a definite purchase. 3 or lower would be an avoid for me (some exceptions I made are series that are part of franchises I like).

Actually the latter half of Black Butler 2 is pretty hilarious. As if it was actively trolling, but that was fun in its own way.

Hmm, bunny Girl and Domestic Girlfriend for me. I've already got the NISA Anohana PE and the Aniplex Anohana movie. I was enjoying Grancrest Wars and watched up through the first half of the second cour, but I heard the show falls apart later on, guess I need to finish it to find out. So that one is up in the air. MVM doesn't do any CE's though, do they? I'll probably just get the US releases if that's the case, as I generally only buy UK for more interesting packaging options than just a BD case in a o-card slip.

Hmm, bunny Girl and Domestic Girlfriend for me. I've already got the NISA Anohana PE and the Aniplex Anohana movie. I was enjoying Grancrest Wars and watched up through the first half of the second cour, but I heard the show falls apart later on, guess I need to finish it to find out. So that one is up in the air. MVM doesn't do any CE's though, do they? I'll probably just get the US releases if that's the case, as I generally only buy UK for more interesting packaging options than just a BD case in a o-card slip.

MVM do a lot of CEs actually, mostly cloned from Sentai, minus a lot of the tat. Mostly just the nice boxes and artbooks.

Ok, good to know... I guess I do actually have one or two CEs from MVM in my collection. Looking forward to what they do with the packaging for these, then.

I do hope stuff like Cells at Work get a CE but seeing as in US they don't sadly looks unlikely.
They never license the sentai stuff i want no Tsurune or run with the wind. But yay that soap opera looks like trash Domestic Girlfriend. Also it doesnt like adapt 100 chapters in 12 eps uh oh.

I do hope stuff like Cells at Work get a CE but seeing as in US they don't sadly looks unlikely.
They never license the sentai stuff i want no Tsurune or run with the wind. But yay that soap opera looks like trash Domestic Girlfriend. Also it doesnt like adapt 100 chapters in 12 eps uh oh.
Sports anime don't sell in the UK so it's not suprising

there's no need to be angry, if everyone got what they wanted and got to choose what they didn't then SAO would never see the light of day here if it was up to me

also the Domestic Girlfriend anime apparently skipped an arc from the manga so it's probably more like 70 chapters

Its kind of annoying as sentai didnt license anything i wanted for a year then did but mvm hasnt followed. Bet they won't get CEs now.
After Haikyus s1 reported flop i do see why, but tsurune was kyoani so i thought had more of a shot.

Bunny Girl is probably the only thing I'd be interested in, besides Garden of Sinners BD. Heard some interesting / good things about that when it was airing that suggested it was not the usual ANIME-anime fare and had quality/subtle writing. Not that I'm especially confident when the heroine is... well, in a bunny girl costume. Only Kallen gets a pass from me in that regard.

For me AnoHana is the only one that deserves all the praise. Rest are overrated especially Kiznaiver, Maquia and IBO

My good doctor, how could you bash Mari Okada and not mention how she ruined Darker than BLACK? The wounds may now have healed but I shall never forgot the wtf I experienced. It seems robot toy people feel similar over Gundam.

The cringe is an inevitable part of most things she writes. Even AnoHana had that one guy cross-dressing and the end screaming / crying. Maquia, which was her first work directed, surprised me for this reason because there was very little cringe in comparison... I remember one really iffy part involving a dog around 30mins in, randomly, though.

Back