What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Damn, you got them fast!
I'm expecting my first one from a week before April 1st to come today (can pick it up tomorrow). But then my two orders from the April Fool's to come on the 25th as I only get mail on Thursdays and next week is a national holiday :/
Yeah I was surprised too. Shame they messed up several items and others weren’t in the best of shape. Strangely my copy of BvS 4K was sealed beneath the slipcover but I’ll take it!

I meant the DVD-sized case with the Blu Rays in it.
Have no fear, Grav is here (pouting)

What you have right there is the limited edition DVD release. Due to Kadokawa's strict rules, Funimation had to change their plans by modifying their limited edition combo pack to a limited edition DVD release. The set came with a standard DVD case and a cardboard box inside that would house art cards.

The Blu-ray was released later down the line as a standard only set (Region A) then eventually re-released as an Anime Classic combo pack using the DVD artwork and case.

Have no fear, Grav is here (pouting)

What you have right there is the limited edition DVD release. Due to Kadokawa's strict rules, Funimation had to change their plans by modifying their limited edition combo pack to a limited edition DVD release. The set came with a standard DVD case and a cardboard box inside that would house art cards.

The Blu-ray was released later down the line as a standard only set (Region A) then eventually re-released as an Anime Classic combo pack using the DVD artwork and case.
Huh I didn’t know that, thanks for the info Grav!

What are those Kadokawa rules actually?
(Given that Hyouka falls into there, too.)
Basically, Funimation weren't allowed to release Blu-rays as soon as possible due to reverse importation. Universal and TBS also had similar reasons at the time.

Nowadays it has been relaxed, but that's only because Funimation weren't trying to rush the anime out like they used to.

Back