French editions to be published

mangatoon

Brigade Leader
Hello !
Today I will wrote in this thread, all upcoming french edition, and unboxings so you can compare with the English editions.
(I apologize for my english, i use google translation)

We have various editors of japanimation :

- Kazé
- Kana and and his parent company CITEL VIDEO
- All the Anime (Anime Limited in The UK)
- Black Box
- Dybex
- Universal

- Eurozoom

and more but either not active or gone

September :
KAZE

- 05/09/2018 Integral Red eyes sword Integral VOSTFR release Blu-ray (50 euros) and DVD (45 euros)
bonus :
• The small theater of Akame 12 mini-episodes • Meeting with the authors of the manga • Booklet 192 pages • 10 exclusive posters
red eyes sword.jpg

- 05/09/2018 Integral Bodacious space pirate VOSTFR relase Blu-ray (68 euros) and DVD (55 euros) rigid plastic box with porthole
bonus :
Booklet 192 pages
bodacious.jpg

- 19/09/2018 Bleach Integral VF & VOSTFR DVD Box 1/2 (119 euros)
Bonus:
5 Artworks

bleach 1.jpg
- 19/09/2018 Bleach Integral VF & VOSTFR DVD Box 2/2 (119euros)
Bonus:
5 Artworks
bleach 2.jpg
ALL THE ANIME

- 12/09/2018 Kiznaiver (the price is between 65 and 50 euros for the blu-ray version / 50 and 45 euros for the DVD version) - the same edition that the UK release

- 26/09/2018 Sound Euphonium ! (exclusively on the alltheanime's shop)

KANA

- 19/09/2018 Integral Tales of zestiria the X VF & VOSTFR Bluray (40 euros) and DVD (35 euros)
Bonus
Booklet 64 pages + special episode of 44 minutes
tales of.jpg
- 26/09/2018 One piece Vol 2 Whole Cake Island VF & VOSTFR (30 euros) Only on DVD

Last edited:
I think you can disregard Citel Vidéo and Universal. The first is a subcontractor for Kana Home Video and the later left the animation market (their last release will be Drifters and that will be shared with Germany, U.K.).
But you could add IDP, which frequently release hentai OVAs (with english subtitles!).

Thank you for your help, Indeed Kana is a branch of CITEL but CITEL also publishes japanim for children (Beyblade Burst).
Thanks for the clarification regarding Universal. Moreover I did not mention IDP, precisely because it only publishes hentai today. But formerly they were very very active with titles as Haykyuu, Ulysse3, Bioman, Sakura CardCaptor (DVD, Captain Tsubasa (1983) ....

Soon in France (Kana Home Video) :

-April :

Megalobox (BD & DVD)

- May :

High School DxD season 1 & 2 (BD & DVD)

- June :

Overlord season 2

High School DxD season 3 & 4 (BD & DVD)

- July :

No Game No Life Zero the movie (BD & DVD)

- October :

Hunter x Hunter 2011 part one (BD)

Overlord season 3 (BD & DVD)

Complete edition Radiant (BD & DVD)

- November

Seven Deadly sins season 02 (BD & DVD)

Card Captor Clear card hen (BD & DVD)

- December :

Deviles Line (BD & DVD)

So ten no ken (BD & DVD)

Useful thread. France publishes some really nice editions along with a lot of older stuff that never gets released here, it's just a shame very few include English subs. If you could let us know which ones do, that would be very helpful - It's not always obvious from web shop listings (they sometimes omit the fact English subs are included completely).

Useful thread. France publishes some really nice editions along with a lot of older stuff that never gets released here.

Today, it is not very true. Publishers are in bad financial conditions, quality news is scarce, a lot of reedition, for example we do not have Clannad, or Lucky-star, nor Nichijou, nor Eureka seven in Blu-ray, nor Erased, and many more anime still. Moreover nostalgia attracts less and less in France. It may be the price of French edition, often fifty euros for a full 25 episodes, with some exceptions, otherwise the article will not sell. A lot of cases have also exploded in France about pirate publishing, which can scare the Japanese distributors ... It is true that we sometimes have good surprises, but they are increasingly rare, unfortunately; (.

About subtitles, it's quite rare to see other languages than French for the French edition ;-( Except if it's a publisher like Universal or Beez ...

But I would do the necessary, for future editions, to check if there are English subtitles (except the edition of anime limited ;-D)

I was basing UK overlord release on that. Considering S2 comes out next month in the UK.

I know very little of French, had it in school for like 3 years but could never get into it.

Sorry I misunderstood ;-(

Do not worry, I've been doing English in college and high school for 6 years, and I still can not speak without using Google translation xD !

Last edited:
I know French (enough for anime at least) and I really loved the Spahir packaging style, but nowadays either nothing interesting is coming, or it's coming when I already have the English version or they do their ridiculous box sizings. (Guess I could still chalk Steins:Gate, which I am getting this week, up in my mind as the Science Adventure Visual Novel LEs are just as unhandy sized, but the rest...)

Incidentally, is Boruto somehow some shop-exclusive or somehow special otherwise?

Exactly in France, the sapphire edition, are simple editions to 12.95 euros on Anime-store ! We complained a lot, because these edition are very cheap, except the outer packaging. Since we have huge A4 edition x)

For now I do not recommend the French edition of blu-ray Boruto, because it has Pal-speed up :- /

Excuse me if I answered wrong, go through google translation and it's not always obvious xD

Last edited:
Soon in France (All the anime)

-27 February :

Fate Stay Night UBW part II (BD & DVD) VF & VOSTFR
1548337544257.png
Yuri!! On ice (BD & DVD) VOSTFR

-March :

Free! Season 1 (BD & DVD) VF & VOSTFR

I would do the necessary, for future editions, to check if there are English subtitles (except the edition of anime limited ;-D)
It's a real shame AL doesn't release all the older stuff they do in France in the UK, or at least with English subs for those here who'd like them - Things like their Anime Classics line, Cat's Eye, Cobra and Rose of Versailles.

It's a real shame AL doesn't release all the older stuff they do in France in the UK, or at least with English subs for those here who'd like them - Things like their Anime Classics line, Cat's Eye, Cobra and Rose of Versailles.

Ah! I understand better what you're talking about ;-)! Yes, these series are very well known in France. But do you say that French collectors likewise think of Anime Limited UK, especially for Eureka seven in Bluray for example ;-)

but actually it's a shame, maybe it represents a financial supplement consequent?

Sorry I misunderstood ;-(

Do not worry, I've been doing English in college and high school for 6 years, and I still can not speak without using Google translation xD !

With English I've always used it on games since I was like 5 so I got used to it before school even started. The positives of having nothing translated in Portuguese, we are forced to learn something else.

Last edited:
Back