The General Conversation Area

That's true. Being a kid in 70's meant no electronic devices at all. If we wanted to journey in space, fight monsters, go on adventures etc, we had to rely on something called an imagination. It's amazing what you can do with a stick and a dustbin lid 😊
Oh we had that as well, primary school was probably the last inkling of child like imagination I had before secondary school slowly crushed my spirit.

I still laugh at how my sixth form gave us all iPads in first year as learning tools. The reality was endless games of monopoly and binge watching anime during free study periods. That’s where my love for anime really bloomed.

I was like 12-13 at that time, only had watched TV stuff like pokemon, dragon ball, doremi, doreamon, ninja hattori, kochikame, sailor moon, sakura, digimon, knights of zodiac..

I was about 16 in 2005.
I think it was when I started patch & parroting (as far as I remember it's only since 2010 when watching anime legit became much easier)
I had limited funds back in the 2014-2016 periods and ended up patch and parroting all of One Piece and some of Naruto Shippuden. At the time I legit purchased all of Naruto and some of Shippuden, as well as Bleach and some other series’ (dug up an old photo and put it in the collection thread back in October.)

I had limited funds back in the 2014-2016 periods and ended up patch and parroting all of One Piece and some of Naruto Shippuden. At the time I legit purchased all of Naruto and some of Shippuden, as well as Bleach and some other series’ (dug up an old photo and put it in the collection thread back in October.)
Funny, that's around about the period I started going legit! (I've had my job since around that time "I wonder what cap'n spends his money on")

Funny, that's around about the period I started going legit! (I've had my job since around that time "I wonder what cap'n spends his money on")
I’ve gone pretty much fully legit since I started Uni, thanks to a yearly Crunchyroll subscription. Unfortunately there’s still the odd series that Crunchyroll US has that the UK doesn’t (even worse when its part of a larger series that is available I.e Wagnaria and Yowamushi Pedal) and that’s when the pirate hat goes on.

I’ve gone pretty much fully legit since I started Uni, thanks to a yearly Crunchyroll subscription. Unfortunately there’s still the odd series that Crunchyroll US has that the UK doesn’t (even worse when its part of a larger series that is available I.e Wagnaria and Yowamushi Pedal) and that’s when the pirate hat goes on.
For me, it's more about "you'll need a 5th subscription for this" urrgghhh... I'm using my bros Netflix, I got Amazon and CR, if o went for all subscriptions just to get a few shows I'd be skint

Back