UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don't think anyone believes Anime Limited deliberately engage in self-sabotage. I do however believe they manage to end up with delay mishaps far too often, much like Manga used to be known to 'mangle' their releases with dubtitles. Dirt sticks after awhile.

I went for the day 6 movie bundle, both Blu-ray mystery boxes and some tat on the side; like rebuying Gankutsuou's steelbook for a 3rd time out of some sort of pity for my favourite anime; which was presumably released by Andrew out of affection for the series alone. I really don't get how they are still in business. Maybe Andrew is secretly a billionaire, as my friend suggests. But anyway: due to anticipating there might be some slight delay during xmas with AL being AL especially, I decided to send my (still sealed) copy of Ganku to a friend as a gift and wait for AL to replace it. The problem is so far nothing has arrived whatsoever and I'm getting worried about damage post-xmas now with AL not holding onto the stock waiting to be sent.

It takes a love of anime to release titles doomed to be non-profit and such lovably ergonomic collector's editions. I like AL a lot. But my gawd does the company have a talent for turning goodwill such as basically giving away expensive anime to entice new buyers into a public relations disaster. The sad thing is they clearly tried to avoid being overwhelmed by going to a new distributor specifically to avoid this situation, only to seemingly make matters much worse than being overwhelmed themselves.

...oh well. On the plus side, being irritated by the situation has made me post on AUKN, once more. Unless CitizenGeek has returned, that's a positive, right?...

Last edited:
@AironicallyHuman - You're still alive? (I can't believe I have to refer to you by that moniker in order to tag you, you'll always be Aion to me, I will deadname you for eternity). Staying a while or just passing thorough? The kids these days with their sickeningly amiable natures and the amateur trolls can't fill that void of b*stardry you left behind. Though perhaps I'm being presumptuous there, you might have mellowed in your old age.

@CitizenGeek has been gone longer than you, maybe he actually is dead. We'll see, he should receive a notification from being tagged in this post. Perhaps he'll return just for you. x

Hello, Ayase. Did I semi-jokingly rename you Ayarse out of affection, way back when, or was that a dream?... well, I remember you, anyway. Do you actually watch anime now or are you mostly 'ere still for the community that lost its soul when I left/was perma banned?

@Just Passing Through, for now. Might stick around awhile until the AnimeLate saga is resolved. Only God knows. And I'm still alive in a physical, still in existence kinda way. Depends how one defines survival I suppose. For better or worse, I've mellowed and/or am too lazy nowadays. I looked at my last 2011 posts and was left aghast at my passive aggressive t*** thing.

As for CitizenGeek, I came across his Twitter years ago. He was angry about Trump or something. Him being a lefty explains a lot about our prior bonding. Evangelion is long gone, seemingly. Before that I believe he was in the debate club at college/uni/whatever. I must have been an inspiration for him. I'd welcome one last battle for a passing of the torch, but alas...

.......anyway, best resume moaning about AL: still sod all. That just leaves Monday. And we all/I know already nothing will arrive Monday, most likely. If I'm waiting into the new year I'll hafta send a passionate email detailing my outrage. Maybe they can complete my yet-to-arrive 2/3 Kill la Kill set since I sold the first OOP CE before the deals. I am a nice guy, after all.

Hello, Ayase. Did I semi-jokingly rename you Ayarse out of affection, way back when, or was that a dream?... well, I remember you, anyway. Do you actually watch anime now or are you mostly 'ere still for the community that lost its soul when I left/was perma banned?
You did, even in a hand written letter you sent me with some DVDs. Feel free to continue, or not. If you do stick around you'd probably find reason to anyway.

As for why I'm still here... Eh, a little from column A, a little from column B. I have my moments when I can do semi decent write-ups about anime I've been watching (did quite a bit of that last year, this year I've been less active) but often don't see a whole lot of point when stuff I'm watching is so old no-one else has anything to say about it or when I'm six months late to the party watching newer stuff and everything has already been said. The mellowing/lethargy/just-continuing-to-exist thing happens to us all, I think. I like what I like, I don't like what I don't like and my enthusiasm for sharing the whys of either has kinda dwindled. Especially on occasions when there's no response, but then the alternative of highly active social media doesn't appeal to me at all - I think I'd rather my thoughts be read and ignored by half a dozen people whose opinions I respect than be engaged with by a million ignorant nobodies.

Speaking of Tw@tter, I would have loved CitizenGeek to have been here for the 2016 US election, I imagine we could have had fun with that (iirc my two biggest "debates" with him were over politics and lolicon. I'm not sure I'd call him a lefty, I seem to recall he was pretty pro-bombing the Arabs - No wonder he takes issue with Trump, he's pulling his troops out of Syria).

Anyway, it is good to see you (really) and if you do start posting your 15000 word essays again I can promise at least to read them. And my, look at all those likes from people who weren't even here when you last posted. You have a reputation to live up to, clearly.

so, whose watching their door like a hawk tommorrow? I got a night shift now but if I sleep standing up and draw wakey eyes on my glasses I've answered the door innit?
I’ll keep an ear out but I’m not holding my breath. Would be great for people who purchased items for Christmas presents though.

I reckon knowing my luck even with door being watched it still wont make a difference as not had any TNT delivery so wouldnt suprise me if it came few days after new years day lol

Over at the All the Anime blog today, Jasper Sharp takes a look at Satoshi Kon's masterpiece, Millennium Actress. It's a terrific piece, quite short so well worth a read. Millennium Actress is probably my most hoped for AL release in 2019 (or most hoped for release that's in with a chance of being a reality anyway!).
I've been trying to get Eureka to release it for quite a while (and it topped my list of titles I want in 2019 as part of their 2018 year end survey), so I'd be happy if anyone (besides those morons at Shout Factory and FUNimation) got it at this point. All I want to hear is that if either mp3dom, David Mackenzie or Justin Sevakis are doing the encode, I can die in peace.

I just wonder how many people have received their mystery boxes at all. I’m quite curious to see if the predicted titles are in there.

I remember someone mentioned they paid the extra £7 for tracked shipping. I wonder how their order(s) turned out.

I believe that was me who mentioned this. While I had no issues with the one order that did arrive, despite lack of protection in the box, but I can't say for the rest as they've yet to arrive, and 2 out of 3 orders are due to be dispatched between the 27th and the 28 (I don't know about the 3rd order, but it's likely to be a split shipment due to one item in that order being a shop exclusive pre-order).

Back