The General Conversation Area

Dropped episode one. It's like watching a whole season while dropping a buttload of acid. What is going on with part 2?

What’s going on with it is everything that happened in Root A... just way too much manga being condensed down into 20~ episodes. I’ve been enjoying Re’s manga but also under no illusion that the manga is going to make a lot more sense when I read it afterwards.

What’s going on with it is everything that happened in Root A... just way too much manga being condensed down into 20~ episodes. I’ve been enjoying Re’s manga but also under no illusion that the manga is going to make a lot more sense when I read it afterwards.
Believe me reading the manga over watching the anime is the best path to take. With how long Viz is taking to put out English volumes we may well see an announcement for another adaptation before they even reach Volume 16.

Dropped episode one. It's like watching a whole season while dropping a buttload of acid. What is going on with part 2?
My way of summarising it is getting someone to speed read 121 chapters of the manga, smacking them on the read repeatedly for a few minutes and then giving them 12 episodes to adapt it all. What you get is very rushed, with various changes (some alright and some terrible) with the occasional shining moment here or there (some episodes have been alright, but mainly because I’d already seen the better version in the manga.)

It’s truly a tragedy that such a great series has been reduced to this. Pierrot have truly sunk to even lower heights than Naruto’s ninja ostrich. And that I didn’t think was possible. The worst thing is that when this anime is good it’s really decent, but that happens so rarely. At this stage I’m only watching for these glimmers of goodness. At least Ishida got paid for this sh*t. The guy deserves it after working almost without breaks since he started the first manga series.

uuuurrggh... thought was going to enjoy a lie in after my own shifts but couldn't sleep, splitting head, iffy gut. tried reading more devilman before going back to sleep.
it's official, I either have some sort of bug or I'm becoming a devilman

Oh no! I just found out my large anime order from the states that my friend has dispatched, has just informed me that its not my entire order so I'll have to wait for them with my next order. It means I'm not sure whats even coming. 😭

*Ahemahemahem* Judging by the "WDYRT?" thread, there are lots of cold toesies around. So, I have decided to buy you all socks for Christmas!

That's not too cliche is it? 🤔

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

@Neil.T and @Patient-X - you'll be getting socks with a lump of coal design on them, and I shall place them inside your stockings! 🤣

Also, @IncendiaryLemon - are you any good with plumbing? I think my central heating system needs bleeding. It's making a weird sound! 🤔🤣

My socks keep going missing somehow. If it keeps on happening I’ll start believing in rebellious house elves.
Funny that - my Dad's socks keep going AWOL. It gives me an excuse to just keep buying them for Christmas or his Birthday though! 🤣

Do you not do the thing where you fold the top of one sock over the top of the other to keep them together?

Funny that - my Dad's socks keep going AWOL. It gives me an excuse to just keep buying them for Christmas or his Birthday though! 🤣

Do you not do the thing where you fold the top of one sock over the top of the other to keep them together?
I do, they still go missing somehow. Methinks they scarper to other people’s draws. Ah well I need some new slippers too, and they tend to stay put!

I do, they still go missing somehow. Methinks they scarper to other people’s draws. Ah well I need some new slippers too, and they tend to stay put!
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

You just can't go wrong with a cosy pair of slippers! 😊

I'd pinch @Neil.T's only I've got bigger feet than he has 😒

Wonder who will win best distributor?

source.gif
This would make a great lamp in place of a disco ball! 🤣

Back