UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

As ever that’s subject to price realities though which is where the hypothetically came in.

I don’t think the price will make sense though as the series discs are the cheapest part and the soundtracks cost so much. I could probably do a version in ltd quantity minus the OSTs or any BDs if that were attractive though but you’d still be looking at just over the £100 mark on EB for that and complex proof of ownership to respect our own sales conditions from Japan I suspect. Would that be actually worthwhile for you is the question?

I do remember and am considering though.

Andrew
oh wow yeah still pass from me

Exactly. The only difference between the "Non shelf friendly" Escaflowne and Eureka Seven and Wolfs Rain is Escaflowne has a much nicer box! A box that you can actually put on your shelf if you have the space for it or just remove the CE's and put those on your shelf instead, same as the new more "shelf friendly" UE's. :rolleyes:

We design our books there to be full A4 ones that you can’t easily but elsewhere now is the logic :). So if we do the discs in a standard size case and the hook at A4 at least my intention is for you to put them with their respective siblings (aka Artbook with other artbooks, CE with CE’s). Everyone’s mileage varies though and I respect that though!

AP

I’d point out it’s not novelty packaging, it’s a fully functional and strong flight case for vinyl LPs :). Was inspired by the 5.1 edition in Japan which was a cake box with different media types inside in part. Totally get it’s not for everyone but it’s what I wanted to make :).

AP
That's fair enough but I'd still consider it a bit if a novelty, although I didn't really mean that in any kind of negative way. Like it's not for me but that's not to say there's anything wrong with it, I'd just have preferred something a little less unusual that I could stick in with everything else (which makes me sound boring but eh, you know what I mean). Like the way you did Eureka Seven was perfect for me, took the BD out and stuck it on the shelve, stuck the rest elsewhere. Anyway you can't please everyone and it is what it is.

That's fair enough but I'd still consider it a bit if a novelty, although I didn't really mean that in any kind of negative way. Like it's not for me but that's not to say there's anything wrong with it, I'd just have preferred something a little less unusual that I could stick in with everything else (which makes me sound boring but eh, you know what I mean).

I totally do and it’s not like come the 25th I’ll not do something else so there’ll be other chances and I will keep this in mind :)

As always I appreciate the discussion too!

AP

As ever that’s subject to price realities though which is where the hypothetically came in.

I don’t think the price will make sense though as the series discs are the cheapest part and the soundtracks cost so much. I could probably do a version in ltd quantity minus the OSTs or any BDs if that were attractive though but you’d still be looking at just over the £100 mark on EB for that and complex proof of ownership to respect our own sales conditions from Japan I suspect. Would that be actually worthwhile for you is the question?

I do remember and am considering though.

Andrew

Back when first released, the Collector's Editions were £39.99 RRP and Manga's combo release of the movie was £24.99. That would make the difference £104.98. This is around what I spent (knock around £30 off for pre-release discounts), although I imported the AU movie disc before Manga announced it in the UK.

Right now, the complete BD budget collection is £39.99 and Manga's forthcoming movie standalone is £14.99, a difference of £55.98.

Naturally I'd much rather the former than the latter, but for the soundtracks, the artbook and the packaging, (no Blu-rays) there's no way I could justify £100.

Last edited:
Ultimates are variable, if we have a cool concept then we run with it but if not we keep it shelf sized :). This one was too special to pass up on though!

Really happy with how the flight case has turned out and to do the packaging like that, I couldn’t resist.

AP

Fair enough! As someone with limited space, I don't exactly like any release too big to fit on a standard DVD shelf, but I'm sure this will tickle someone's fancy.

Back when first released, the Collector's Editions were £39.99 RRP and Manga's combo release of the movie was £24.99. That would make the difference £104.98. This is around what I spent (knock around £30 off for pre-release discounts), although I imported the AU movie disc before Manga announced it in the UK.

Right now, the complete BD budget collection is £39.99 and Manga's forthcoming movie standalone is £14.99, a difference of £55.98.

Naturally I'd much rather the former than the latter, but for the soundtracks, the artbook and the packaging, (no Blu-rays) there's no way I could justify £100.

And there’s no way I can justify making a loss on an edition like this to justify something I said hypothetically I’d like to do either :). Hope that makes sense as when I said it I didn’t envision something on this scale would be possible but the EB price already puts it in a tough area.

Sorry it’s not greater news but hope you can understand the challenge!

Best,

AP

Paperback art books

As a collector of artbooks from Japan, I can safely say softback artbooks are the norm over hardback actually so usually I do it to be consistent for people’s collections. I acknowledge they also do dust jackets too that I should consider to finish the effect though :).

Genuine ask beyond thedoctor2016 though - dies hardback matter++ to collectors here? Will factor in going forwards if so.

AP

As a collector of artbooks from Japan, I can safely say softback artbooks are the norm over hardback actually so usually I do it to be consistent for people’s collections. I acknowledge they also do dust jackets too that I should consider to finish the effect though :).

Genuine ask beyond thedoctor2016 though - dies hardback matter++ to collectors here? Will factor in going forwards if so.

AP
More often than not I tend to prefer hardback simply because the soft ones tend to get creases in their spines when you open them up too much which isn't nice. I can't say if the AL booklets/books are like that though since I haven't dared to test it on them.

Hardbacks don't matter to me and certainly not enough that I'd be happy about the increase in cost that I assume would come about by including them. That said I'm not a artbook collector, in fact I typically flick through them and never look at them again so my opinion probably isn't the best on this one.

Back