The General Conversation Area

Personal project? What's the objective?

The objective is to convert most of the code to the model-view-presenter (MVP) format so that model (data), view (forms) and presenter ("business" logic) are separate.

Hopefully the desired outcome is:
  • The new presenter code and the other objects that the presenters use can be unit tested properly instead of having code that can't be easily tested as they mix the above types of code together.
  • Having tidy code that's separate which makes it easier to work on.
  • Hopefully a little speed up when compiling code as there are some files with several thousand lines of code at the moment. :/
  • Stopping random bugs from appearing when I change stuff as what can be unit tested actually is tested and they will fail if I break things I'm not supposed to! :D
/umiko

I never envisioned a time in my life when I would be bored of video games but I think I'm slowly getting there and it's pretty weird.

There are so many great titles that I have bought on my PS4 but I just have no desire to commit the 10's of hours to play them through and so I've not started any of them. That's not to say I'm not playing at all, I still play a few nights a week as a social activity with friends. PS4 chat is easier to use than Skype. I got very into Rocket League earlier this year but that really was an exception in recent years and even then I've played much less than those who get very into games like Fortnite and Overwatch. Speaking of the latter I'm playing Overwatch with friends online but I have next to no desire to play alone. Same for Rocket League now too. I feel more accomplished when I finish watching things than getting through games so playing games with no end really has lost it's luster.

Tetris has always been my go to for something to do while listening to videos or podcasts. I'm looking forward to Tetris Effect later this year if only because it'll be great to have a decent version of Tetris to play without needing a disc (Tetris Ultimate is total garbage), but it's a depressing though that Tetris is what I'm looking forward to playing the most from this holiday season.

Minecraft is a game I keep thinking I'll return to and occasionally I'll play it once every few months for an afternoon but I get tired of it quickly which is a shame. It used to be the be all and end all and I have these ideas of what I would love to build but just don't want to commit the time to gathering the resources going through the motions of setting up a world like that.

I keep eyeing up a Nintendo Switch though. Mario and Zelda look amazing. I did briefly have a Wii U and MK8 was brilliant. The fact they are basically remaking Pokemon Red+Blue in 3D for consoles is a childhood dream of mine so I really do wonder if I will still end up spending hundreds of pounds next year on yet another Video Game System despite my declining interest in the hobby. Smash also looks superb but without local competition I doubt I'd get enough from it. Again I did have the Wii U edition for a little while but playing Online was a million years away from playing with my friends on Melee back in the day. I've always wanted to try Animal Crossing, especially as I've become more and more casual with this hobby, the games look charming as all hell so thats another potential tick in the Switch purchase box.

Don't know why I suddenly felt the need to type this out but here we are haha. I notice that many on here are very into their video games and many may even play more than they watch Anime. Still I'm curious if anyone else is feeling the same as me?

I think the combination of online gaming with just getting older and growing further apart from those childhood gaming friends has left me feeling alittle hollow about it all despite still spending alot of time interacting with the hobby. In fact I probably definitely watch videos about Video Games more than I play, though mainly focusing on nostalgic retrospectives and the like. The industry is still interesting to follow even If I don't really care about the mainstream titles on offer outside of Nintendo, which can certainly be put down to nostalgia.
Man I fully understand what you mean I think I am going through the same just blowing my money on any piece of tech I can get ahold on noting the fact that uni and work keep me busy always I seriously lost any ambition and finishing games doesnt satiaifity me enough or give me any joy whatsoever.

Hi everyone, sorry I've been a bit MIA.

Friday brought my depression back so my weekend was spent either in bed or on my mums sofa. I came across on a friends status, my ex and former friends saying the nastiest things about me. Things I said over a year ago when still with the ex, he's keeping and sharing and holding onto which to me is unnecessary and a bit odd/creepy. When he publically lays into me the rest jump on board. It really got to me that stuff about me is said in an open forum for people who do and don't know me to see. The relevant people are unfriended and blocked where able now so I won't see anything anymore but it's the knowing stuff about me will continue to be said which still gives me anxiety at the moment. I've also found out my ex has an alt account which begs the need for it unless it's to stalk me since his main ones been blocked for month, again this being very creepy yet no ones batting an eye and calling me names that's actually everything he is and not me. Overwhelming.

Hi everyone, sorry I've been a bit MIA.

Friday brought my depression back so my weekend was spent either in bed or on my mums sofa. I came across on a friends status, my ex and former friends saying the nastiest things about me. Things I said over a year ago when still with the ex, he's keeping and sharing and holding onto which to me is unnecessary and a bit odd/creepy. When he publically lays into me the rest jump on board. It really got to me that stuff about me is said in an open forum for people who do and don't know me to see. The relevant people are unfriended and blocked where able now so I won't see anything anymore but it's the knowing stuff about me will continue to be said which still gives me anxiety at the moment. I've also found out my ex has an alt account which begs the need for it unless it's to stalk me since his main ones been blocked for month, again this being very creepy yet no ones batting an eye and calling me names that's actually everything he is and not me. Overwhelming.
Have you tried copying a bunch of stuff and sending it in as harassment? They probably won't see a cell but people are pretty weak willed with the law sometimes

I think it would have an effect on the way the album sounds so remixing it would be a bad idea.
I mean, it would yeah, for the better. There's fan made mixes up on YouTube that use multitrack releases of the songs to create their own bass enhanced versions of songs and they genuinely sound better than the studio mix.

So, after being fat for as long as I can remember, I have finally decided to take the initiative and try dieting. Going to be cutting all the junk food and generally unhealthy things from my diet, and see how I end up doing, as well as going to Slimming World, to see if that helps. My Mum does Slimming World too, so she's going to help me out with the cooking and stuff, so hopefully it yields results!

So, after being fat for as long as I can remember, I have finally decided to take the initiative and try dieting. Going to be cutting all the junk food and generally unhealthy things from my diet, and see how I end up doing, as well as going to Slimming World, to see if that helps. My Mum does Slimming World too, so she's going to help me out with the cooking and stuff, so hopefully it yields results!
*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze* Not fat, squishy! 😊 😋

Best of luck @IncendiaryLemon - you can do it! I think you're going about it in the right way 👍

I hope you achieve your goals 😃 😄

Best of luck Lemon, I did just this sans Slimming World back in late 2014 to Summer 2016. Also limited my calorie intake to 1800 calories and used the MyFitnessPal app. Went from 15st 8 to 10st 5 in under two years and I've continued using the app and trying to limit myself to that intake ever since. So far so good. It can be difficult but it's very worthwhile!

Back