Wow HD Discussion Thread

You know that wowhd now charge 20% on top of there orders right. Well my 20% additional charge did not show until after payment.
So I emailed wowhd asking for a partial refund or to cancel my order, as these costs didn't show up in my invoice.
They then sent my order three days later. Well I took a screen shot of my order with 0% vat and free shipping with no additional costs. Then I contacted paypal. Well I just received a refund for the 20% (£26.05)

Thanks for the heads up I'll just stick to DeepDiscount or alternatives for my imports from now on.

I don't think I'll ever get anything else from Wow HD, after this latest stunt of theirs.

A couple of weeks they had their Sentai sale, right? I made 5 individual purchases from their french site (since the BDs were a tiny little bit cheaper, enough so that they wouldn't hit customs, provided they were individual purchases, besides there being no p+p costs). I got Higurashi Rei, Food Wars Second Plate, Parasyte 1+2 and the Danmachi OVA. Higurashi and Food Wars were sent the very next day, the others weren't. I waited for a week to pass, then contacted them about the status of the orders. They told me they were in back order. Sounded like they were BSing me, since there was no indication on their site they were in back order, at least when I made the orders. Truth be told, I don't really remember if they were at the time of their answer. However, another week passed, I went and checked there was zero indication the items were in back order, so I contacted them AGAIN, telling them what I had been told in their first response, and asking what was my orders' status. They answered Monday, telling me they weren't able to obtain authorization for payment and they had cancelled the orders, and if I still wanted the items I had to place another order for them... at full price. Honestly, this just sounds a lot like they didn't want to honor the price and royally screwed me. I should count myself lucky I was able to get 2 out of 5 BDs... But yeah, I think I'm crossing Wow HD off my list.

I don't think I'll ever get anything else from Wow HD, after this latest stunt of theirs.

A couple of weeks they had their Sentai sale, right? I made 5 individual purchases from their french site (since the BDs were a tiny little bit cheaper, enough so that they wouldn't hit customs, provided they were individual purchases, besides there being no p+p costs). I got Higurashi Rei, Food Wars Second Plate, Parasyte 1+2 and the Danmachi OVA. Higurashi and Food Wars were sent the very next day, the others weren't. I waited for a week to pass, then contacted them about the status of the orders. They told me they were in back order. Sounded like they were BSing me, since there was no indication on their site they were in back order, at least when I made the orders. Truth be told, I don't really remember if they were at the time of their answer. However, another week passed, I went and checked there was zero indication the items were in back order, so I contacted them AGAIN, telling them what I had been told in their first response, and asking what was my orders' status. They answered Monday, telling me they weren't able to obtain authorization for payment and they had cancelled the orders, and if I still wanted the items I had to place another order for them... at full price. Honestly, this just sounds a lot like they didn't want to honor the price and royally screwed me. I should count myself lucky I was able to get 2 out of 5 BDs... But yeah, I think I'm crossing Wow HD off my list.
Its not the first time they have done this. That's why I always recommend using paypal, just in an event of them being a pain. I too will probably never use them again.

Its not the first time they have done this. That's why I always recommend using paypal, just in an event of them being a pain. I too will probably never use them again.

I did try to use paypal, but it didn't work. I don't recall the error I got, exactly, but I did try to use it, it didn't work, and I was forced to use another option.

I did try to use paypal, but it didn't work. I don't recall the error I got, exactly, but I did try to use it, it didn't work, and I was forced to use another option.
I had a similar experience and had to open a new account using a different email address, just so I could use paypal. It was a total nightmare!

They answered Monday, telling me they weren't able to obtain authorization for payment and they had cancelled the orders, and if I still wanted the items I had to place another order for them... at full price.

Rightstuf did that to me once. Told me my payment wasn't authorized so cancelled my order, and if I wanted the items pay at full price.

Rightstuf did that to me once. Told me my payment wasn't authorized so cancelled my order, and if I wanted the items pay at full price.

It never happened to me with Rightstuf, though I haven't purchased anything from there in ages. The high p+p means mostly everything I could buy there, even in sales, would get hit by customs. Usually, the cheapest items in sales are items I have no interest on :\

I had a similar experience and had to open a new account using a different email address, just so I could use paypal. It was a total nightmare!

Maybe the problem was that my Paypal and my Wow HD account are registered with different e-mail accounts? Because if that's not it, I've got nothing. Still, not gonna go and try to figure that out as, like I said, I've scratched Wow HD off the list.

Maybe the problem was that my Paypal and my Wow HD account are registered with different e-mail accounts? Because if that's not it, I've got nothing. Still, not gonna go and try to figure that out as, like I said, I've scratched Wow HD off the list.
Well when I had to do a different email address, that one was actually different to my paypal.
When I contacted there customer service (which is terrible by the way) they said there was nothing they could do. Even had issues logging into my account. Emailed them again, got the same response.

Just a quick question. Is the VAT that's been added to the cost on sites like WowHD and DeepDiscount essentially the import fee I'd pay. Cause right now on Deep Discount, Gravity Falls is going for over $90 (including international shipping and VAT)

Just a quick question. Is the VAT that's been added to the cost on sites like WowHD and DeepDiscount essentially the import fee I'd pay. Cause right now on Deep Discount, Gravity Falls is going for over $90 (including international shipping and VAT)

Yes. Normally, if taxed on our end, you'd get 20% on top of the £8 Royal Mail fee, so you're generally better off that way.

Allyourmusic have Gravity Falls bluray for £61.39 on eBay currently.

As Incendiary Lemon said no VAT on the receiving end. As I've said before the question now is whether that extra 20% is going to HMRC or into their pockets.

As Incendiary Lemon said no VAT on the receiving end. As I've said before the question now is whether that extra 20% is going to HMRC or into their pockets.
HMRC must be involved in some sense. The reason I say this is because ebay closed the deepdiscount store stating they have not been paying tax. This is only conjecture at the moment, but shortly afterwards these stores are now adding vat.

HMRC must be involved in some sense. The reason I say this is because ebay closed the deepdiscount store stating they have not been paying tax. This is only conjecture at the moment, but shortly afterwards these stores are now adding vat.
I assumed it was Australia's GST rules that forced them to implement tax on their sites.

Back