The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Ha, it's bizarre. The big Dragon Ball Super film is a fourth Broly film, and better yet, a remake / reboot of the original film, just with Toriyama "changing some things around and making it more interesting". I'll be watching as soon as possible, of course, but I can't say I'm not disappointed it wasn't something a tad more original...
Movie 8 was one of the better films but the two biggest problems where how they handled Vegeta and Broly as a character, both should be fixed and the idea of this being incorporated in the DBS world is interesting but yeah disappointed it isn't a new new thing.

Though thinking about it since we know the villain was gonna be a Saiyan, I guess I'd rather Toriyama re-work Broly as opposed to new Saiyan character.

I mean what we knew about the film before hand was that it will feature the original Super Saiyan and look deep into the race's past, so if that's still true and Broly and his unique (although I guess as it's set after the Universe Survival arc it's the second time the lead cast have seen it) transformation are reworked using that it might be interesting... Maybe. Either way, as a film if it has some great fight scenes I'm happy anyway...

Ages ago, I remember reading something about them making a live action City Hunter film in France. At the time, I didn't pay much attention, as the Cobra film never came to anything, but apparently this one is filming.

Dh8drcRV4AA4_Lf.jpg

Dh-xpK4UwAAOO53.jpg

Kaori's hair is perfect, this is important.

Odd story I came across. Today the Dutch metal band Epica released an EP of "Attack on Titan" covers. "Epica vs Attack on Titan songs" has been available in Japan for a while, but has only just been released in the west today.

Even if I've yet to be in the Broly fan club, I'll probably still see it. Knowing how Toei distributes movies, it'll probably be easy and affordable to watch...unlike the actual show!

New Battle Angel Alita trailer. Film is out in December, I'll have to get on with reading the manga.

Really not sure what to make of this Alita film. Clearly, lots of money has been spent on it, I'm not particularly bothered by how Alita looks either, but something about the tone of this trailer feels a bit wrong. I want the 18-rated, violent, brain-eating, tragic epic that I know this can be, but the trailer is pitching this more in line with stuff like Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Marvel films, etc. Disappointing. The one cyborg with spikey arms looks cool though!

Back