The General Conversation Area

heh, I went through all of that 15 years ago - twice. I have two daughters, but they're now 17 and 21, so they don't really want to get in bed with me any longer, lol...

And I've got central air in my house, so it stays a nice cool, constant temperature inside, I have no problem sleeping at night - even in the dead of summer I'm sleeping with a sheet, two blankets, and a heavy comforter on top of me... :cool:

I'm having trouble sleeping since I don't think it's a good idea to do that at work. I have a flat cover sheet on the bed, not a duvet, so I'm not having lots of trouble sleeping in the day. The only thing that's a little weird is again, the specs, like anyone who'de enter a relationship with me, they're a little new and uncomftorble

Hi all, back on again :)

Hopefully I can get back into the habit of coming on again more.

So, any of you lot going to be at Manc MCM, Digi-Con Genesis, Scotland Love Anime or London MCM? Would be great meeting up if anyone was down for that.

Everyone doing well?

I'm trying to get back into exercising although I sounded like I was going to have a heart attack after starting day one of it yesterday. Way too hot lol.

So, any of you lot going to be at Manc MCM, Digi-Con Genesis, Scotland Love Anime or London MCM? Would be great meeting up if anyone was down for that.

Everyone doing well?

I'm trying to get back into exercising although I sounded like I was going to have a heart attack after starting day one of it yesterday. Way too hot lol.
Welcome back! ❤️ I am going to be at both MCM Manchester and SLA Edinburgh (for the weekend) later this year, as will @Demelza and a few others. I’d be happy to say hi during either! :)

I’m currently sanding down the ceiling in the summer house/cabin thing here and getting totally covered in sawdust because well... it’s falling on me. Anyone want to take over? I’ll settle for someone making me drinks and running a bath for when I’m done.

Everyone doing well?

Any of those after the next week? I'll have some time to kill as I'll have holidays and usually I get a week off for long shifts, so it's 2 night shifts now, 3 days next week covering for someone, my holidays then my usual week off. Like @Phobos I'm a bit of a recluse though so I might not show up, I really would like an excuse to get myself to a con though
I’m currently sanding down the ceiling in the summer house/cabin thing here and getting totally covered in sawdust because well... it’s falling on me. Anyone want to take over? I’ll settle for someone making me drinks and running a bath for when I’m done.
I will sand down that ceiling to nothing using naught but bare hands. You'd think it's a challenge but you'd be surprised what working with paper constantly can do

Any of those after the next week? I'll have some time to kill as I'll have holidays and usually I get a week off for long shifts, so it's 2 night shifts now, 3 days next week covering for someone, my holidays then my usual week off. Like @Phobos I'm a bit of a recluse though so I might not show up, I really would like an excuse to get myself to a con though

I will send down that ceiling to nothing using naught but bare hands. You'dthink it's a challenge but you'd be surprised what working with paler constantly can do
But I’d still like to have a ceiling... it’s useful for stopping rain and things. It just needs a bit of sanding and a lick of paint then it’ll all be good.

Disclaimer; I am not painting by dipping my tongue in paint then literally licking the ceiling.

MCM Manchester is the last weekend of July (28th-29th) and Scotland Loves Anime is in mid-October. :)

Digi-con Genesis is Aug bank hol in alfreton and their guests are amaze. It's all Borderlands and DBZ voice actors.

I'm gonna lose my sh*t seeing Dameon Clark as he's my husbando (Handsome Jack) and I love Jason Douglas too (Beerus and Krieg) they also have Brian Drummond too who's great as Ryuk.

I'm actually going SLA with people from another anime forum I made friends with a couple of years back so definitely making friends and meeting up with forum people when you can pays off. Never got to meet anyone from here yet.

What do people really do at a convention though? Aside from seeing guests or whatever what's your objective for going? Shopping or meeting people or...well...what? :confused:

I think I may be suffering from sawdustitis. Should I be worried about how much I’m probably breathing in? Oh well I’ll be fine. *cough, splutter* hey anyone need stuff sanding down? I’ll do it for you guys cheap! :p finally feeling like I’m getting somewhere now. Just a bit of the ceiling to do now and then the outside... never mind I don’t feel like it’s progressing now.

Attachments

• CD991765-64B5-4AD5-8CF0-B3D45E0A9962.jpeg
    CD991765-64B5-4AD5-8CF0-B3D45E0A9962.jpeg
    648 KB · Views: 1
What do people really do at a convention though? Aside from seeing guests or whatever what's your objective for going? Shopping or meeting people or...well...what? :confused:
Mine personally would be shopping. Not really much else I’d want to do. I’m not exactly sociable so meeting folks isn’t a high priority for me. At all.

Back