The General Conversation Area

Glad I’m not the only one. Not glad you are having trouble. Can’t wait for the weather to change a bit. Short of sleeping in the freezer I’m not entirely sure how I can keep myself any cooler.

It looks like the temperatures are dropping tomorrow, which I will be incredibly grateful. Anything above +16 in an evening is just a real pain to deal with :(

I had to remove my duvet and just sleep under the cover. Ended up turning off at around 3am last night because I couldn't be bothered to try and sleep in the heat. Also I was accompanied by a seemingly endless swarm of those bloodsucking bastard nats and an unruly moth.

It looks like the temperatures are dropping tomorrow, which I will be incredibly grateful. Anything above +16 in an evening is just a real pain to deal with :(
Consider me excited. Really do want the temperature to break ASAP. Just can’t settle and deal with the constant waking. Plus yknow it’s be nice to actually be able to cuddle my partner in bed rather than a brief squeeze then going “it’s way too hot”. Just so frustrated!

I had to remove my duvet and just sleep under the cover. Ended up turning off at around 3am last night because I couldn't be bothered to try and sleep in the heat. Also I was accompanied by a seemingly endless swarm of those bloodsucking bastard nats and an unruly moth.
I feel you there though honestly I’ve been sleeping without a sheet, just don’t want anything to trap heat to me. If it makes you feel better I’ll trade you the gnats and moth for eight cats.

I feel you there though honestly I’ve been sleeping without a sheet, just don’t want anything to trap heat to me. If it makes you feel better I’ll trade you the gnats and moth for eight cats.
At least cats are relatively easy to find. It was like a demented game of where's wally trying to swat those Nat wankers

I’m currently at work with the air conditioning on full blast...bliss
This needs the dislike button! Fancy making off with the air con as a present to me? Pretty please?
At least cats are relatively easy to find. It was like a demented game of where's wally trying to swat those Nat wankers
I can’t help but picture you lying in bed then suddenly jumping up and screaming then running around beating anything that was flying before getting back in bed and repeating.

This needs the dislike button! Fancy making off with the air con as a present to me? Pretty please?

I can’t help but picture you lying in bed then suddenly jumping up and screaming then running around beating anything that was flying before getting back in bed and repeating.
Negate the screaming and replace running with stumbling then yeah that's fairly accurate. I have no space to manoeuvre in my room so i couldn't run around if I tried.

Anyone else having trouble sleeping in this heat/humidity? Totally driving me crazy.
I'm having difficulty sleeping, nothing to do with the heat though. The little 'un told me she's had a bad dream and NEEDS to sleep in my bed. How can someone so small take up 3/4 of a double bed and fidget so much? I might go and sleep in her bed but I'm not sure if I'll fit in it with all the teddys in there, plus I'm not sure about the Tinkerbell duvet 😂

I'm having difficulty sleeping, nothing to do with the heat though. The little 'un told me she's had a bad dream and NEEDS to sleep in my bed. How can someone so small take up 3/4 of a double bed and fidget so much? I might go and sleep in her bed but I'm not sure if I'll fit in it with all the teddys in there, plus I'm not sure about the Tinkerbell duvet 😂
It’s your duty as dad to curl up at the bottom and leave her to it. :p don’t forget to protect your head. Wouldn’t be good to get an arm or leg tossed at it.

Back