The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Can understand they use triangular shaped tubes, as a triangle can sustain a lot more pressure than a circle shape.That's also the reason you see a lot of triangle shapes in architecture, for instance in roof constructions.

Can understand they use triangular shaped tubes, as a triangle can sustain a lot more pressure than a circle shape.That's also the reason you see a lot of triangle shapes in architecture, for instance in roof constructions.

Circles are stronger than triangles, hence arches... Triangles are easier to stack and store, and don't roll down hills when postmen drop them, and are pretty strong in their own right. Makes for a better compromise.

Tubes costs extra to send (at least here). That's because they need to handle them diffrently because rolling makes them inept for assenbly lines.

Korean Hykouka Ultimate Fan Edition

"3. 100p Art Book"

Luna so needs this. (Probably.)
Best place to buy Korean Anime anyone? I think some people had bought some Korean stuff here.

And is there are good place for unboxings of Korean releases? I'd be quite curious to see how the artbooks looks like, before I make the jump. (As this is going to end up about as expensive as my JP box.)

EDIT:
Ok, it also says this via google translate:
For those who purchase all UFE Blu-ray tickets in advance
We have a set of four high-end storage boxes, 150p guidebook, 100p artbook, 11.5x Blu-ray, and Kanjaze memorial.
If you have already decided to buy the whole volume, do not buy it according to the reservation date of each ticket,
Purchase a full set in advance, and enjoy the benefits and benefits of each release date.

1. Target audience: All buyers of ice cream department UFE Blu-ray (Vol.1 ~ 4)

2. Period: until July 10, 2018, the release date of VOL.1
(* First-come-first-served basis, this event may be closed early when the privilege product is exhausted)

3. Product shipment: It will be shipped on the release date of each volume, and the release date details of VOL.2 ~ 4 will be announced later.

VOL.1 release date is scheduled for July 10
VOL.2 scheduled to be released at the end of July
VOL.3, VOL.4, All rights reserved Pre-order will be released at the end of August

* All-in-one benefits will be shipped at the end of August, the last scheduled release date.
* Please note that the above release date can be changed according to the circumstances of production.

Is that something all those export friendly shops offer...? Seems like I ought to hurry...
And they only have 4 sets with all the extras? Is google kidding me, or is this low of an extras stock normal?

Last edited:
Circles are stronger than triangles, hence arches... Triangles are easier to stack and store, and don't roll down hills when postmen drop them, and are pretty strong in their own right. Makes for a better compromise.
A perfect circle yes, but there’s no such thing as a perfect circle. And an arch is only half a circle. If you talk about arch bridges, it has something to do with avoiding pressure on a point. Kinda hard for me to explain all this in English and besides getting a bit off topic here.

Maybe someone who speaks English natively and studied architecture can explain it beter.

"3. 100p Art Book"

Luna so needs this. (Probably.)
Best place to buy Korean Anime anyone? I think some people had bought some Korean stuff here.

And is there are good place for unboxings of Korean releases? I'd be quite curious to see how the artbooks looks like, before I make the jump. (As this is going to end up about as expensive as my JP box.)

EDIT:
Ok, it also says this via google translate:
For those who purchase all UFE Blu-ray tickets in advance
We have a set of four high-end storage boxes, 150p guidebook, 100p artbook, 11.5x Blu-ray, and Kanjaze memorial.
If you have already decided to buy the whole volume, do not buy it according to the reservation date of each ticket,
Purchase a full set in advance, and enjoy the benefits and benefits of each release date.

1. Target audience: All buyers of ice cream department UFE Blu-ray (Vol.1 ~ 4)

2. Period: until July 10, 2018, the release date of VOL.1
(* First-come-first-served basis, this event may be closed early when the privilege product is exhausted)

3. Product shipment: It will be shipped on the release date of each volume, and the release date details of VOL.2 ~ 4 will be announced later.

VOL.1 release date is scheduled for July 10
VOL.2 scheduled to be released at the end of July
VOL.3, VOL.4, All rights reserved Pre-order will be released at the end of August

* All-in-one benefits will be shipped at the end of August, the last scheduled release date.
* Please note that the above release date can be changed according to the circumstances of production.

Is that something all those export friendly shops offer...? Seems like I ought to hurry...
And they only have 4 sets with all the extras? Is google kidding me, or is this low of an extras stock normal?
I know some on here have bough Korean releases from here Welcome to KIMCHI DVD

The thing is, those triangular boxes are made of standard corrugated cardboard, and still will much more easily get crush damage than a thick, dense, round cardboard tube. Try breaking one of each over your knee and see which one takes less effort...

OK this might be a long shot asking here, but i know some German user visit here often (Luna, Robbi i guess, ...) so who knows.

Are there known problems with the German Abenobashi - Gesamtausgabe (Amazon DE link) discs, as my BD drive attached to my Mac has problems reading the first disc in the set. Haven't tried it yet in my Oppo drive in the HT but i just wonder if this is a general problem with this set, or just a singled out problem on my side/BD drive.

What's the packaging like from Amazon Japan for art books? box with some protection inside or a padded envelope.

From the last art book I got from play-asia is came in a box and the book was in a bubble wrap sleeve, this stopped the book getting damaged. The book does work out about £3 cheaper from Amazon, about £7-8 if they refund the import fee, which they should seen as a book is 0% VAT. I assume Amazon mark on the packaging that the item is a book.

What's the packaging like from Amazon Japan for art books? box with some protection inside or a padded envelope.

From the last art book I got from play-asia is came in a box and the book was in a bubble wrap sleeve, this stopped the book getting damaged. The book does work out about £3 cheaper from Amazon, about £7-8 if they refund the import fee, which they should seen as a book is 0% VAT. I assume Amazon mark on the packaging that the item is a book.

Amazon JP generally has two types of packaging.

If its small enough to fit in a bubble mailer then it'll be a bubble mailer.

If its too big for a bubble mailer then its shrinkwrapped to cardboard, and placed in the center of a box.

OK this might be a long shot asking here, but i know some German user visit here often (Luna, Robbi i guess, ...) so who knows.

Are there known problems with the German Abenobashi - Gesamtausgabe (Amazon DE link) discs, as my BD drive attached to my Mac has problems reading the first disc in the set. Haven't tried it yet in my Oppo drive in the HT but i just wonder if this is a general problem with this set, or just a singled out problem on my side/BD drive.
I don't have that one myself so can't give first hand info. I did a quick googling, but haven't found anything. Amazon has two reviews one is complaining it's just an upscale and no true HD (it's old and a DVD release, duh...), the other doesn't make any indication of an unreadable disc.
So might be worth a try to test it out on a diffrent drive.

I'll be stuck out of home for three weeks soon and I don't even know if I will have internet. So I though I use the opportunity to catch up on some hidden gems.

Anybody got some Anime recommendations fitting into the following criteria? =D
- It's good.
- It's not having a Western release.
- It's not up for streaming.
- It's not licensed with a foreseeable physical release.
(- I haven't watched it yet.)

I'll be stuck out of home for three weeks soon and I don't even know if I will have internet. So I though I use the opportunity to catch up on some hidden gems.

Anybody got some Anime recommendations fitting into the following criteria? =D
- It's good.
- It's not having a Western release.
- It's not up for streaming.
- It's not licensed with a foreseeable physical release.
(- I haven't watched it yet.)
I can't view your list, but I can only think of two things I've liked that also fit the rest of your bill.

Back