UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Lupin the Third Part IV details revealed.

English dub version will also be released (exclusively for Shop AllTheAnime) and there's a special offer also - if you buy the subbed CE version on Shop AllTheAnime, you can get the standard Blu-ray dub version for £10.

If you do so, you will be entitled to purchase a single copy the standard edition dubbed version Blu-ray for only £10 when it is available. (Again, no release date announced at this time)

This offer will only be available to anyone who purchases the Ltd Collector’s Ed. (subtitle-only) Blu-ray from our AllTheAnime.com web shop or from the AllTheAnime stand at any event we exhibit at. This DOES NOT AND WILL NOT apply to purchases made at any other retailer (be it online or at an event).

What strange times we live in, where the subtitled version has higher demand than the dub and DVDs are being passed over as the demand is greater for BDs when it comes to CEs!

In any case, good news about Lupin coming over and nice timing with the current series now showing. I'll be buying a copy of the sub version :)

R

That's a fair deal, I'll likely pick up the CE and get the standard for £10, and I appreciate AL doing this for those who want Dub and Sub. The wording of "Event we exhibit" suggests this may be available at the May London MCM Comic Con, at least I hope so, I'd be tempted to pick it up if that's the case!

That's a fair deal, I'll likely pick up the CE and get the standard for £10, and I appreciate AL doing this for those who want Dub and Sub. The wording of "Event we exhibit" suggests this may be available at the May London MCM Comic Con, at least I hope so, I'd be tempted to pick it up if that's the case!
Going by the release date it should be available for MCM.

What strange times we live in, where the subtitled version has higher demand than the dub and DVDs are being passed over as the demand is greater for BDs when it comes to CEs!

In any case, good news about Lupin coming over and nice timing with the current series now showing. I'll be buying a copy of the sub version:)

R
R.I.P DVD format you will be missed but thank god I recently got a PS4 and I don't get to suffer anymore :]
Besides that, I may pick this up on MCM if I can't find My Hero Academia season one on sale on MCM

About time. Apparently, the dvd mastering software doesn't work on modern operating systems. Should have been abandoned years ago, no excuse now considering you can pick up a BD player for less than the SRP of the Lupin set.
PS3 and PS4s are cheap and there are still people crying that Blu Rays for anime and PS3/PS4 are expensive. All I can say to those people is to save up and trust me it will be worth it.
Am currently saving up to get the Gundam Blu-Ray from AL as well MHA

You see, a classic case of we're damned either way. I'm able to guarantee release date as we share a master here - which means (and I know it's a shock) that this will be an on time release from Anime Ltd for a big title. If we'd done our own discs we'd be risking a lot more and having to sacrifice QC time (not to mention cost) where it makes sense to share here across the board.
All in all, when all English territories use the same disc - this route is the one that would get less complaints than either if something went wrong with the discs or we had to delay the release to ensure quality though.
Mind you, we have plenty of our own mastered releases coming up though to look forward to that said :)!

Best,
AP
This was by no means a jab at you guys and sharing discs makes businesswise the most sense, I assume. I'm just frustrated that Funimation hasn't learned much in regards to mastering discs. See Yuri on Ice or Assassination Classroom S2 for example. It seems to me they either just don't care as long as it fits on the disc regardless of image quality.

I love collecting my favourite anime and AL's CEs have kinda gotten me hooked. But when I have to deal with which territory has the best image quality, which in a perfect world should not be an issue, it does make the hobby tedious when deciding whether you want better image quality or better packaging.

Last edited:

New Gundam movie out this winter, sequel to Unicorn.

Any chance this is on the AL cinema slate?

Reading the synopsis of Gundam NT coming off like a forced sequel and not convinced at all by the plot, it seems Sunrise main motivation for the film is to sell new Unicorn kits that's it.

Now the Hathaway's Flash Hathaway anime adaptation into a film trilogy is definitely more interesting, though changes would have to be made to fit in the context of the anime UC continuity. Novel was an intended sequel to Char's Counterattack Beltorchika's Children (Tomino rejected movie plot for the CCA 1988 film) which is different from the CCA movie.

Back