Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2018 Results

D1tchd1gger

Shrine Maiden
The results of the Crunchyroll Anime Awards:
  • Best Opening: “Peace Sign” – Kenshi Yonezu – My Hero Academia Season 2
  • Best Ending: “Ishukan Communication” – Chorogonzu – Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
  • Best Film: Your Name
  • Best Score: Made in Abyss
  • Best Animation: My Hero Academia Season 2
  • Best CGI: Land of the Lustrous
  • Best Comedy: Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
  • Best Slice of Life: Girls’ Last Tour
  • Best Continuing Series: March Comes in Like a Lion
  • Industry Icon: Christopher Sabat – Funimation
  • Best Boy: Shoto Todoroki – My Hero Academia Season 2
  • Best Girl: Ochaco Ubaraka – My Hero Academia Season 2
  • Best Villain: Stain – My Hero Academia 2 Season 2
  • Best Hero: Izuku “Deku” Midoriya – My Hero Academia Season 2
  • Best Drama: The Ancient Magus’ Bride
  • Best Action: My Hero Academia Season 2
  • Best Manga: My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness
  • Anime of the Year: Made in Abyss

Ochaco Ubaraka Best Girl.... :rolleyes: Where was Hinata Kawamoto's nomination?

At least March Comes in Like a Lion picked up 1 award. Deserved more though.

I also object to Stain winning the villain award. I don't know the other nominees, but there must have been someone better than that, he was kind of forgettable.

Made in Abyss was a desered AOTY, the best animation for MHA is a joke especially when A Silent Voice was nominated for that category.

People have been pointing out that ASV had a botched released in the US (I don't think it even got a cinema run?), whereas MHA is much more easily accessible so I'm not surprised to see it lose out. I'm not even sure it was about MHA being better so much as it was a weekly TV show in everyone's minds.

Nice to see My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness pick up best Manga, it really does deserve it. Also nice that Made in Abyss did so well!

Yeah well, I'm not into mindless shounen battle anime for 12 year olds, like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc., so MHA was just another garbage shounen anime by default for me. I pretty much knew it would be a loser even before I started. You certainly can tell what the voter demographic was from the award results.

Thankfully titles with some actual substance like Magus Bride, Abyss, and Lustrous got at least one award.

I went ahead and imported it anyway, I'm actually receiving the first volume in the mail today. It's just too gorgeous to pass up. I'll add subtitles to it in some manner.

I think Magus Bride should have gotten best animation too, everything in that series was jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Yeah well, I'm not into mindless shounen battle anime for 12 year olds, like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc., so MHA was just another garbage shounen anime by default for me. I pretty much knew it would be a loser even before I started. You certainly can tell what the voter demographic was from the award results.
Cold. But not inaccurate.

Thankfully titles with some actual substance like Magus Bride, Abyss, and Lustrous got at least one award.
though I do like MHA and super I get it, they don't really give anyone time to actually write something with as much substance as magus or abyss, and since I've heard MHA is a 1:1 adaption it had and possibly will not have time to iron out the flaws of the manga. after pretty much anything that MHA didn't win didn't nominate it, it's the "MHA unless not nominated" awards. give it up CR we know you've had seasons a bit flat since MHA was off season

I also object to Stain winning the villain award. I don't know the other nominees, but there must have been someone better than that, he was kind of forgettable.
I would say he was a pretty big idealist, but I did completely forget about him by the end of season 2. tomura should be happy that at least the fans stopped talking about stain

Back