The General Conversation Area

I looked into the Logitech K360 and watched an unboxing video. At least in the video it sounded noisy as hell. And judging by the sound it has fairly hard keys...? Can you confirm that @serpantino ?
Huh. That's surprising, usually ones with low profile keys are pretty quiet.

Hmm. A small keyboard with soft keys and quiet operation... There may be a keyboard for you but unfortunately it's been out of production for a while.

Ah many thanks for your help. I'd come across the 1.11/2.22/3.33 and wondered what the heck they were; aside from just a sciency way of numbering movies! I've just had a look on Amazon now; I can see the original series available in seperate volumes (1-4; 5-8 etc), which is kind of a bummer but not entirely rubbish; at least it's available in some form.

But I'm still new, you must guide me first, then you can take the peas later!
I was lucky to get the Platinum Collection set on eBay a couple of years back for under £50. Problem is that it's susceptible to bootlegs so you have to be careful with not getting duped.

ID have go with monogatari.
Yeah I downloaded a guide to watch that, there's like 6 or so series some with second seasons. Some you have to stop half way through a season to watch some from another series 😕 I haven't watched any yet as I would have to buy all of it to make sure I watched properly, and that would cost a bomb.

That's sad to hear mate. I did and had a great time, I was fortunate to be in cohorts with all the "gangs" in the year. Couple of my mates weren't so lucky one of them got stabbed in the eye with a pen in Y7 it was gruesome /;

Never understood bullying or why people do it. Schools are useless my head teacher gave a pupil detention once for being bullied. Yes that's right. Apparently it was his fault for allowing himself to be bullied. What logic is that?

Brightside, at least you made it through the bullying and it's all in the past now!

Yeah, it's all done now. I made it through and it's built character, if nothing else. Teachers had strange logic even when I was in school. Not many could really do their job properly to be honest :S

Nah, I get that some people do enjoy it to be fair, on my part I just wasn't very confident at all; I struggled making friends and keeping them. I couldn't wait to get from there! I'm glad it went well for you though :)

Ouch, that sounds nasty! Made me wince just reading that!

That's sad to hear mate. I did and had a great time, I was fortunate to be in cohorts with all the "gangs" in the year. Couple of my mates weren't so lucky one of them got stabbed in the eye with a pen in Y7 it was gruesome /;

Never understood bullying or why people do it. Schools are useless my head teacher gave a pupil detention once for being bullied. Yes that's right. Apparently it was his fault for allowing himself to be bullied. What logic is that?

Brightside, at least you made it through the bullying and it's all in the past now!

Dunno, some kids probably do ask for it by bobbing off to everyone then crying when people react negatively.

I was lucky to get the Platinum Collection set on eBay a couple of years back for under £50. Problem is that it's susceptible to bootlegs so you have to be careful with not getting duped.

Yeah, it's the only reason I don't really bother with Ebay really. That said there can be some sneaky marketplace sellers on Amazon as well; you just need to be careful of anything these days, regardless of the selling platform. £50 is very reasonable though for all 26 eps! A lucky find for sure!

Yeah I downloaded a guide to watch that, there's like 6 or so series some with second seasons. Some you have to stop half way through a season to watch some from another series 😕 I haven't watched any yet as I would have to buy all of it to make sure I watched properly, and that would cost a bomb.
Yeah I looked at watching it (I own Bakemonogatari) and I was just left really bamboozled.

Ah many thanks for your help. I'd come across the 1.11/2.22/3.33 and wondered what the heck they were; aside from just a sciency way of numbering movies! I've just had a look on Amazon now; I can see the original series available in seperate volumes (1-4; 5-8 etc), which is kind of a bummer but not entirely rubbish; at least it's available in some form.

But I'm still new, you must guide me first, then you can take the peas later!

Ok I’ll be guide you. Walk forwards when you hit the wall you e gone far enough.

Yeah, it's the only reason I don't really bother with Ebay really. That said there can be some sneaky marketplace sellers on Amazon as well; you just need to be careful of anything these days, regardless of the selling platform. £50 is very reasonable though for all 26 eps! A lucky find for sure!
eBay has brought me a lot of bargains, but it's also susceptible to treachery, so it's a double edged sword that costs me a lot of money each year.

Well I read through when people were talking about streams/illegal streams. My two cents:
I use to go the illegal stream route before I had a job (I've had the same job for nearly 5 years now. Go me!) You could still find decent rips to download, I think more fansub/ripping groups do them now, and while the illegal sites generally have massive libraries (they don't need to snag licenses) you can always find ones of dodgy quality. Sometimes they are even mislabeled and you have a completely different stream then you were looking for, like a repeated episode or something. The dodgy quality led me towards the legal sites when I could afford them, I'm premium on CR, I mainly prime blurays and one of my brothers pays for Netflix, but everyone else uses it more then he does.
I literally just Googled "anime forums" in a desperate bid to join a community of like-minded people. I'd joined a furry forum months before (I don't identify as such but as the friendless billy no-mates that I was I thought I'd meet some friendly folk in the community). Whilst I did meet some nice people there were also some very toxic individuals who sadly, ruined any connections I had made with them - I have a sense of humour as much as the next person but anyone who insists on making hateful and derogatory comments is someone who I would rather not associate with. I left and at that juncture I had also left my job, lost my cat and felt lower than ever, so I just wanted to try to connect with people again. I've lost friends over the years and whilst my situation as it stands is difficult (I didn't get that job by the way), I can at least make the small change in trying to interact with people and lift my spirits somewhat! ^^

And the rest as they say is history!
I found the forum by literally finding the site. Ok, Its slightly more complex then that. I found a UK podcast for anime, which surprised me as I thought no one in the UK cared enough about anime to say anything about it, a few of their podcasts they actually talk to soneone from limited, holy hell there is actually some kind of industry for anime in the UK! Just a quick search for more news sites led me here, you can tell that many of the guys writing the posts on the main site have similar interests and rather then trying to find them on Twitter or something it's really easy to.get in touch with them from the site.
Of course, as someone who had no idea how many people had a passing or dedicated interest, the forum blew my mind

I can see the original series available in seperate volumes (1-4; 5-8 etc), which is kind of a bummer but not entirely rubbish; at least it's available in some form.
Might be better off buying the manga. It was started around the time of the anime, but finished after so incorporates the EoE more smoothly and without a certain scene that's been mentioned a few times here recently 😲

Yeah, it's all done now. I made it through and it's built character, if nothing else. Teachers had strange logic even when I was in school. Not many could really do their job properly to be honest :S

Nah, I get that some people do enjoy it to be fair, on my part I just wasn't very confident at all; I struggled making friends and keeping them. I couldn't wait to get from there! I'm glad it went well for you though :)

Ouch, that sounds nasty! Made me wince just reading that!
Yeah just hearing the scream and seeing the bleeding eye... Not something you can forget.

Oh man how some of these qualified is beyond me. In Y8 we spent an entire year reading one book that shoulda been done in a term. In y10 we had this new English teacher and she was well let's just say slightly more attractive then the usual female teachers and everyone would be getting big dicked over her until we found she was crap, the class was too smart for her and she couldn't keep up we all were ecstatic when she said she wouldn't be teaching us in y11 we had a chance at passing English! (And in y11 we had a great Eng teach and all passed).

Well I read through when people were talking about streams/illegal streams. My two cents:
I use to go the illegal stream route before I had a job (I've had the same job for nearly 5 years now. Go me!) You could still find decent rips to download, I think more fansub/ripping groups do them now, and while the illegal sites generally have massive libraries (they don't need to snag licenses) you can always find ones of dodgy quality. Sometimes they are even mislabeled and you have a completely different stream then you were looking for, like a repeated episode or something. The dodgy quality led me towards the legal sites when I could afford them, I'm premium on CR, I mainly prime blurays and one of my brothers pays for Netflix, but everyone else uses it more then he does.

I found the forum by literally finding the site. Ok, Its slightly more complex then that. I found a UK podcast for anime, which surprised me as I thought no one in the UK cared enough about anime to say anything about it, a few of their podcasts they actually talk to soneone from limited, holy hell there is actually some kind of industry for anime in the UK! Just a quick search for more news sites led me here, you can tell that many of the guys writing the posts on the main site have similar interests and rather then trying to find them on Twitter or something it's really easy to.get in touch with them from the site.
Of course, as someone who had no idea how many people had a passing or dedicated interest, the forum blew my mind

Then you met me, the only person here that makes you regret chatting to people here.

Ok I’ll be guide you. Walk forwards when you hit the wall you e gone far enough.

Gee, your'e a pal :p

eBay has brought me a lot of bargains, but it's also susceptible to treachery, so it's a double edged sword that costs me a lot of money each year.

Yeah, I can well understand that. I just get the impression that some sellers are a bit dishonest and immoral; not all, certainly, and it is unfair to tar all with the same brush, but I do definitely see why people tread with caution.

Might be better off buying the manga. It was started around the time of the anime, but finished after so incorporates the EoE more smoothly and without a certain scene that's been mentioned a few times here recently 😲

Many thanks dude :), it might actually be worthwhile since the series is hard to come by. Maybe it'll get a re-release in a few years (I dunno how often/if they tend to do it so often with anime as they do with say, Disney), but It would be a shame to miss out on it in some form. I really like the sound of it and feel it's something I could enjoy so, definitely worth consideration (hopefully that won't go out of print by the time I have money to spend otherwise I'll definitely feel that the creators have a vendetta against me!) XD

I do believe I know of the scene to which you are referring XD

Back