Your viewing journal

@IncendiaryLemon: Ahh, yes. The infamous pillarboxed letterboxed picture.

Sorry, I thought you meant Manga had used the wrong thickness of borders for the 4:3 image, making it the wrong aspect ratio or something.

But yeah, EoE was also available on VHS, I believe, which obviously is very much part of the 4:3 era. I guess they must've used the same source image for the DVD? (It's plenty blurry enough.) Plus, they just culled a faulty fansub from the Web to use as subs for the film, so they might as well!

Honestly, as much as a BD would be nice, if Manga were to just do a reauthored DVD of EoE, that'd be great. Hell, I think it was recently re-released on DVD in Japan, so there's already a good video source out there.

they seriously used fansubs?
Yep, I read that... somewhere. As usual, I cannot remember where! :p

So it's got a couple of calamitous mistakes in it. One about Adam and Lilith's origin, and the other refers to the human destructive impulse as "destrado" instead of destrudo.

I think both mistakes found their way into the dub as well.

Saved Manga a few quid, though, so...

Cardcaptor Sakura-Episodes 40 and 41

Aww, seeing Sakura and Li get close is adorable.

Barakamon-Episode 10

It's pretty easy to predict that Handa would will go back to the island by the final episode, but it's still sad seeing Naru discover he's gone.

Yu-Gi-Oh-Episodes 22-24

Good to see Kaiba employing the excellent and unbeatable strategy of 'Throw the game or I'll kill myself'. What a genius.

I can't imagine that it would, but just to be sure, I take it the Manga Force release doesn't have the dub with the replacement Yello soundtrack?

Butting in here.

To the best of my knowledge, the Manga Force DVDs are just the Manga Entertainment versions with different labels printed on them, so the actual on-disc content should be identical.

Neil has answered the question. The disc art is slightly different, in this case it has the Hachette logo. The on disc stuff is the same as the normal release, the blurb on the back even says that some of the trailers are for anime not in the collection.
DSC_1332.JPG

Last edited:
Junji Ito Collection (Japanese audio) - Episode 4
Killing Bites (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
OVERLORD II (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
Violet Evergarden (Japanese audio) - Episode 3

Amazon Prime UK broke After the Rain's third episode so that one is on-hold temporarily.

Pop Team Epic ep 1 (dub)
Thought I'd see if the dub would help with the comedy. The male VAs worked ok, but the female ones didn't seem to fit.

Noragami eps 1-3 (dub)
I like this quite a lot. I like both leads and the story is interesting enough with plenty of funny moments.

After the Rain episode 3 still not working, but Killing Bites ep 3 does.
Hitomi and Eruza pose in maid outfits :eek: and a new member is added to the team. Ui (aka Rabbit girl) is afraid to join at first, but she helps in a fight and decides to join.

Junti Ito Collection episode 4 Well this was a better set of stories, if only episodes 1 and 2 were this level of decent. I'll keep on with this for another episode and see if this is a fluke or not.

Tenchi Muyo! In Love (Film)
A fun and enjoyable time travel adventure with the Tenchi cast. Recommended 3.5/5

Tenchi the Movie 2: The Daughter of Darkness (Film)
This was more like an extended episode of the Universe series and wasn't bad, but not exactly that good either. The main antagonist has quite poor motivation to screw with Tenchi and co, and though the plot itself is somewhat interesting, it's also very predictable and rushed. Both of these negatives unfortunately make this movie less engaging than it could have been. 3/5

Tenchi Forever! The Movie (Film)
This the best film of the three, dealing with a more mature storyline, as opposed to the usual Tenchi comedy. I liked how it showed an emotional vulnerability to the cast, and the plot itself was very neat. 4/5

Terror in Resonance
episodes 1-3

Last edited:
The disc art is slightly different, in this case it has the Hachette logo. The on disc stuff is the same as the normal release, the blurb on the back even says that some of the trailers are for anime not in the collection.
So the question remains, I guess, did you watch/will you be watching Cobra with the dub featuring the alternative soundtrack by Yello?

(I haven't seen the film at all, but I'm curious.)

So the question remains, I guess, did you watch/will you be watching Cobra with the dub featuring the alternative soundtrack by Yello?

(I haven't seen the film at all, but I'm curious.)
Don't know, this seems to suggest that the Manga version would be the Yello one and the US one would be the alternative one.
Space Adventure Cobra
Dubbing Studio 1
World Wide Sound
Dubbing Studio 2
Bell Sound Studios
Voice Director 1
Michael Bakewell
Voice Director 2
Carl Macek
Translation Adaptation
John Wolskel
Michael Charles Hill
Recorded
Dub Country
United Kingdom
United States

Dubbing History

Both dubs of the movie were produced simultaneously in 1995, one for the British market and one for the American Market. The first to be released was the British version, which was dubbed by Manga UK and released to British theaters sometime in early 1995. The Manga Entertainment version's dub had an alternate soundtrack performed by the pop group Yello. Discotek Media originally tried to include this dub for their DVD & Blu-Ray release, but couldn't due to the licensing issues with the soundtrack.

The alternate dub, provided by Carl Macekand Streamline Pictures, was released to American theaters in August 20, 1995, distributed by Tara Releasing. It was later distributed by Urban Vision on VHS format on June 16, 1998

But checking the credits it's the Yank version, credited to Urban Vision, so probably taken from the VHS version. Odd.

A soundtrack by these guys
Would be interesting.

Violet Evergarden (1-3) (dub)
I really enjoyed this. I don't understand the hate it seems to be getting. It wasn't groundbreaking or anything, it was just nice.

Back