Your viewing journal

You're Under Arrest Season 2/Fast & Furious - Episodes 22-26

dlvKmqB.png

That's some neat wrapping up there, Lou. Not that I didn't appreciate the storyline while it was going on but man, I at least expected a bit more agonising before status quo was restored. That's probably a bit harsh - At least things are actually moving forward and changing in the characters' lives and relationships now. Not as strong a finish to this series I have to say, but certainly a worthwhile addition to the franchise that was a lot of fun and developed characters a decent amount. Saori's shtick as the hyper eager newcomer did start to get a bit old (overuse of the same jokes/situations is one of the show's faults) but she's fitted into the cast well, even if they do pull a Tōkairin on her a few times and just leave her sat on the sidelines or forget she exists while the main characters take care of things. Not a lot more to add on my previous post really, so I'll just leave you with the inspirational words of Strike Man and get on with Season 3.

BP6XAUY.png

Last edited:
Black Clover-Episode 6

This show seems to be getting more tolerable week to week. Who knows, maybe by the end it'll be good.

UQ Holder-Episode 6

I quite enjoyed this episodes take on sexuality and gender. Not something I was expecting for a show that, on a surface level at least, isn't exactly the most mature.

Eureka Seven-Episodes 30 and 31

Well, looks like it all just hit the fan a little. Pretty dark moment when you see that mother smother her own child to prevent a more grisly fate. This show always catches me off guard in regards to some of its darker, gorier moments. Quite surprised the BBFC let it off with a 12 in some places. Oh, and Talho's new haircut. Hmmm. Yeah. Not feeling it.

Hellsing Ultimate Vol. I (dub)
Seeing as Funimation has Vols 5-10 I thought I'd start my watch/re-watch of my Manga Force Collection with these OVAs.
DSC_0223.JPG
The story seems a bit like Blade, a monster hunting other monsters. Alucard seems like a cool character.

You can tell the dub was written and recorded in America, because the English characters apart from Integra (actually played by a Brit), have terribly hammy accents. And Route 7? Nice research!

The animation is a bit mixed with great action hand drawn stuff, but also comedic reaction style plainer stuff which seems out of place. Some of the CG stuff holds up, but other bits look dated.

Last edited:
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 32

Black Clover episode 6 The series finally acknowledges Asta and his inability not to yell every other sentence (Thankfully Funimation have toned it down in their dub)

Assassination Classroom (Partial Rewatch)
episodes 9-22 [On-hold until season two part two is released] This is a great series based on a cool concept, looking forward to seeing the latter half and the ending. Season 1: 4/5

Attack on Titan: Junior High
episodes 1-9

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia episodes 1–4 (rewatch)
Ha, I hadn't clocked when I watched this before just how passable an impression of Monogatari's Hitagi that this show's Yuuko does. Hmm...

In fact, this looks suspiciously like a SHAFT production, even though it's by a studio called Silver Link. Hmmm...

:p

Konohana Kitan Episode 5

You know that moment when you get a tear in your eyes. Not because something sad, but because you just watched something /that/ beautiful you're lost for words

That sums up that episode

Episode 6

Right... So what we have here is not only one of my favorite series this season, but has secured itself No.1 in my Slice of Life list (Has been on a placeholder since Episode 3) thanks to the last 2... I mean all 6 episodes

100/100

The Ancient Magus' Bride: Those Awaiting a Star

I watched Part 1 a while back so decided to rewatch that, and watch all parts

Lovely little series, well worth watching if not a little depressing. 9/10

:'(

Inuyashiki Last Hero (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
Juni Taisen: Zodiac War (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
King's Game the Animation (Japanese audio) - Episode 6

Inuyashiki episode 5

Attack on Titan: Junior High
episodes 10-12 (Complete. This was a pretty funny series that constantly pokes fun at the over-the-top aspects of the core series, whilst giving us some what if scenarios between the characters, who all look ridiculously goofy and cute.) 3.5/5

Berserk Golden Age Trilogy: The Egg of the King/The Battle for Doldrey/The Advent (Decided to rewatch the Berserk films since I've been playing the PS4 game. They're pretty good adaptations, though I still prefer the 97 series, despite its shortcomings in the animation department. Speaking of animation, the cgi here can be pretty ropey, and it had a bigger budget than Berserk 2016/2017 too, but the implementation of 2D is done more effectively.

For me though, the story feels somewhat rushed and character development is also, due to the limited running time. The original allowed for more overall development. That being said it's still a solid trilogy if you want a recap, but I'd recommend watching the 97 series first.) 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 4/5

Black Lagoon (Rewatch)
episodes 1-9

Finally started The Ancient Magus' Bride (TV)

At this point I'm happy I watched the OVA first as it gives some info into the background of the series and has some good point in episode 1, but we will see if it spoils the series.

Invincible Superman Zambot 3 - Episodes 1 - 3

I'm re-watching this ahead of a new project, more details of which to come later in the year, but so far I'm reminded why I like this show so much.

Twocar - Episode 1

Admittedly I'm watching this because it's motorsports related (my other passion alongside anime) but I really don't know what to make of it based on this first episode!!!

Back