The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Win a trip to Japan with Crunchyroll. Watch the first episode of 8 titles from this season to enter, ends 31st October. Crunchyroll : Passport to Japan
The eight Series are:
  • Black Clover
  • Dies Irae
  • Food Wars! The Third Plate
  • JUNI TAISEN:ZODIAC WAR
  • Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Recovery of an MMO Junkie
  • URAHARA
Saw this on a trailer on YouTube (the second Crunchyroll trailer today)

Looks great, not sure how many titles I would be willing to double dip on for 4K remasters on just standard Blu Ray though.

ye at £280 before shipping, and vat its very pricey release.

I'm hoping if AL, or someone else gets CCS Clear Card they will license the original series for the UK, and hopefully get this new master.

Crunchyroll is currently under malicious attack so for the love of Haruhi DO NOT EVEN VISIT THE SITE

An .exe file will prompt you to download which is in fact a trojan. Crunchyroll's German support has confirmed that the apps are safe but are currently down at the moment.

The Tale of Princess Kaguya is coming to Picturehouse Cinemas (Picturehouses - Film information for The Tale of The Princess Kaguya) as part of their Enchanted Screen season (The Enchanted Screen: What's On - Picturehouse Spotlight) which includes amongst other films Labyrinth, Edward Scissorhands and Pans Labyrinth.
As we all know, supporting theatrical anime is very important to me. Alas, Princess Kaguya is my least favourite Studio Ghibli film, and the single anime film I have zero desire to ever watch again, let alone watch it on the big screen. In order to support theatrical anime, and at my favourite local cinema, Picturehouse at FACT, no less, I have enlisted a proxy to attend the screening on my behalf. Mother is also a fan of Studio Ghibli, and she has yet to try Princess Kaguya at all, so I bought her a ticket to go and watch it. Problem solved.

Back