What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

xTv8LbO.jpg

Been wanting the second season of Genshiken for a while, and I've seen a few new copies of this boxset on eBay, but once you factored in shipping, etc, they were usually a lot more than I was willing to pay. Found a guy selling a used copy for a decent price through eBay's global shipping thingy, so I went for it. Not in immaculate condition, but I can deal for the price. The more annoying thing is having to buy the disks for a crappy show I've no interest in to see the OVAs that bridge the first and second seasons without pirating...

Also some manga I picked up as well.

dX2PUfl.jpg

So I went to town today and I decided to finally get my hands on the pre-owned copy of the Ico / Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection, going for £17.99 (instead of £19.99 that was on the sticker). In addition I also decided to acquire pre-owned copies of the recent Wolfenstein games because they were on a 2 for £20 deal at GAME. I waited initially for a new sealed copy but The New Order never did or was pricier than usual because of the DOOM release last year. Either way the condition was pretty solid.

DLywDhyXUAIyZfL.jpg

DLyvswhW4AAoRgP.jpg

Acquiring the HD collection of Ico / SOTC marks the start of my Operation PlayStation 3 Haul Stage 5. This will cover the 66th to 70th PS3 titles. I have a list of what games I would like to own but it's down to both the price and the current status of the items. I might not bother with any more localised HD collections because of the rarity and the amount of times they go on sale digitally for very cheap, for instance the Jak & Daxter collection is quite pricey physically but the digital is well.. I have it as part of PS+ rofl.

I also want to make sure that 25% of the 100 PS3 games I aim to acquire are Japan-only imports. I've got 15 already so that's about 10 more. Don't worry about that as a majority of the games I want are relatively priced reasonably with only a small few being around £30+.

Stage 0 [1st-40th]:
Aqua Pazza: Aquaplus Dream Team
Asura's Wrath
Beyond: Two Souls
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The Darkness 2
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax [JP Import]
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn
EX Troopers [JP Import]
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F [JP Import]
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd [JP Import]
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Initial D: Extreme Stage [JP Import]
J-Stars Victory Versus [JP Import]
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
K-On! Houkago Live!! HD Ver. [JP Import]
Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-
Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-
The Last of Us
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection [MGS 1-4 + Peace Walker HD]
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. [JP Import]
Nier
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise
One Piece: Pirate Warriors
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
Persona 4 Arena
Rock Band 3
Saints Row IV
Saints Row The Third
Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day
Steins;Gate
Tales of Graces f
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Tales of Xillia
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Stage 1 [41st-45th]:
Catherine
Killer is Dead
Shadows of the Damned
Under Defeat HD
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Stage 2 [46th-50th]:
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
Macross 30: Voices Across the Galaxy [JP Import]
Phantom Breaker: Extra [JP Import]
Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Taisen Sangokushi Engi [JP Import]
Shining Resonance [JP Import]
Stage 3 [51st-55th]:
Dragon's Crown
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan! [JP Import]
Sengoku Basara HD Collection [JP Import]
Tales of Xillia 2
Stage 4 [56th-65th]:
Drakengard 3
The House of the Dead: Overkill Director's Cut
Killzone 3
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Saints Row 2
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Sonic Generations
SSX
Wangan Midnight [JP Import]
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
Stage 5 [66th-70th]:
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection

Out of interest, you can recommend me any PS3 title not included in the list as long as they were released after the 'Spiderman font border' era [so that makes titles such as Afro Samurai, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 1 & 2, Eternal Sonata, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight invalid sadly], as I prefer to have a consistent spine match (blue-coloured PS3 logos and white-coloured PS3 logos are fine).

However if the respective titles under the early era were in fact re-released either as a PS3 Essential title or re-branded to fit the current PS3 spine then that would be fine (i.e. Call of Duty 4, Saints Row 2, Saints Row 3).

37354865080_749d79564c_b.jpg

Been wanting this for a while but the high price put me off, however when I saw CeX were selling copies online for less than £45, compared to the £80 new price on Amazon at the moment, I jumped on it. Fingers crossed it's good!
You lucky one. I paid 91GBP (before Brexit!!) for the UK one back then only to notice the damn printed on rating logo to replace it with the US one for 130USD before shipping and customs (only to notice it dropped to 99 a few weeks later) and now you get it for 45. I'm envious, I'm envious!

.... But at least the show is worth it. NISA's doesn't have the logo printed on and on the upper side the pattern is made with some blueish glitter stuff, otherwise they seem to be completely the same aside of the disc catalogue numbers. (I'm still slightly annoyed any promotional image of the UK one showed a copy of the NISA one, not indicating that the rating logo was printed on. From then there on I stopped to precommand stuff except for it being from AL.)

1xrIMiV.jpg

My first dealing with an order shipped by amazon itself (it took a while to turn up) with a pair of 7 port USB hubs and a 92mm case fan to stop the gaming system from having mostly passive heat extraction.

Out of interest, you can recommend me any PS3 title not included in the list as long as they were released after the 'Spiderman font border' era
Sadly 3 of my recommendations lose out to your regulations, Uncharted 1 & 2 and GTA 4 (at least you can get U1 & 2 on PS4):
DSC_0206.JPG

I would recommend Skyrim, but PS4 is probably the better option, and Red Dead Redemption just in time before 2 comes out (I think it had the later spine).

Went shopping and decided I wanted to buy something for my self. Deciding between what I got and something else I literally flipped a coin because I couldn't decide so ended up landing on The Boy and the Beast & The Red Turtle.

BkdutOy.jpg

Also got a new CeX card to replace the one I've lost. Have also got my younger sister her Christmas Presents today. No details here in case she reads this! ;)

Sadly 3 of my recommendations lose out to your regulations, Uncharted 1 & 2 and GTA 4 (at least you can get U1 & 2 on PS4):
View attachment 1498

I would recommend Skyrim, but PS4 is probably the better option, and Red Dead Redemption just in time before 2 comes out (I think it had the later spine).

Plot-twist:
  • I have the Uncharted games on PlayStation 4, so you don't have to worry about those.
  • I have Grand Theft Auto IV and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Xbox 360, I never finished them but it's not something I would return to be honest. GTAV though I'll consider on PS4.
  • Though Red Dead Redemption is a potential candidate, I don't know if I'll enjoy it (since it's basically a GTA clone set in the wild west from my perspective) but it is a relatively cheap game to acquire so never say never.
But thanks for asking though!

I finally received my pre-order of Kuromukuro Part 1 with GWP today, which was supposed to ship on July 1st, but was pulled and delayed for 14 weeks by PonyCan to correct a printing error where the labels were mistakenly swapped between discs 2 and 3... I now finally have both CE Parts 1 & 2, along with the original key frame Gift With Purchase that came with the pre-order of each Part. Both key frames happen to be of the Female MC, Yukina Shirahane. Now I can spend even more money to frame both of them!

2kurofront.jpg

2kurorear.jpg

kuromukuro1a.jpg

kuromukuro2c.jpg

Qubeleys are always nice. Shame Haman wasn't with her Qubeley but never mind, I know cover art guys often have to work with what they're given.

Back