Wow HD Discussion Thread

Staring to think these guys are a bunch of crooks. I sent them a message asking what the status of my order was and this is their reply

"Thank you for contacting WOWHD!

We regret to inform you that the order has been denied by our lost prevention department.

Again, thank you for writing WOWHD."

Sounds decidedly like they thought I was saying the parcel was lost when I was just enquiring if it had shipped yet as I have not received any confirmation of shipping e-mail. I've asked for clarification on exactly what they mean as their response is laughably vague.

Sounds decidedly like they thought I was saying the parcel was lost when I was just enquiring if it had shipped yet as I have not received any confirmation of shipping e-mail. I've asked for clarification on exactly what they mean as their response is laughably vague.

Their English isn't the best but they will mean they cancelled your order entirely. The loss prevention department will have determined that you were a risk for some reason (address, card type, CVV not matching; could be anything) and aborted the order before it shipped.

Have you been charged?

R

Their English isn't the best but they will mean they cancelled your order entirely. The loss prevention department will have determined that you were a risk for some reason (address, card type, CVV not matching; could be anything) and aborted the order before it shipped.

Have you been charged?

R

I have indeed been charged. Will have to see what their response is.

My orders of Engaged to the Unidentified, Sabagebu Survival Game Club and Pet Girl of Sakurasou have slowly started to arrive. They were on back-order and were shipped some days apart. Sabagebu arrived today while the other two should arrive early next week (or late this week if I'm lucky).

It's unlikely to be a charge and more like your bank holding funds until they're requested (this normally expires after a while and the funds placed back into your account) by wowhd.

I dunno, paypal shows the charge and so does my bank account, at the very least paypal has debited my account. It's possible I guess that Paypal are still holding the funds pending WoWHD accepting them but the order was placed on the 24th, that's a pretty long time for the funds to revert back to me.

I dunno, paypal shows the charge and so does my bank account, at the very least paypal has debited my account. It's possible I guess that Paypal are still holding the funds pending WoWHD accepting them but the order was placed on the 24th, that's a pretty long time for the funds to revert back to me.
If the funds have been put aside it can take up to 30 days.

In a similar situation as Rosencrantz. My order contained an item that was on backorder. Only ever received the 'order placed' email and decided to contact them. Their response was also along the line of '(...) regret to inform you that the order has been denied/cancelled by our lost prevention department'.

Now I'm fairly sure I entered all details correctly. In my opinion it is a bit weird, as even if they decide to not fulfil the order for whatever reason, you would expect to receive an email without having to contact them. Not sure I'll use them next time, this was actually my first order to try and see how it goes.

simple solution, just don't bother with Back orders.

Except neither of the items I ordered were on back order. No response from my follow up e-mail either yet.

It's very much seeming to me that they are not the ideal company to do business with. Poor English, basic level packing and prices that have suddenly ramped up to basically the same level as up1usa, I'd rather pay a few dollars postage for the knowledge I can easily deal with any issues that might arise.

I'll be honest ive never had a problem with WOWHD, however their prices have jumped recently so I wont be ordering from them until they get back to a sensible price. I'd rather walk over broken glass that pay the stupid prices UP1 charge. I may try ImportCD's as I believe they don't sting you for import fee's

Pet Girl of Sakurasou arrived today, only Engaged to the Unidentified remains and that should arrive on Monday judging by their delivery speeds. All of my three items were on back-order when I placed the order and they've been arriving just fine, not sure why others are having issues but I hope they get resolved soon.

Yes, they do.

@Rozencrantz PayPal will charge you outright whether it's a pre-order/backordered item.

Yes I understand that, it's just I'd expect if the retailer rejected my order they'd also reject accepting the paypal payment and in the past that has meant my account was refunded within a few days. It seems a bit odd that if they had rejected it paypal would take so long to notify me, I get they like to hold money for a day or two to make some sneaky interest but this long would mean paypal were acting in an improper manner.

What's more likely is WOWHD have neglected to cancel things their end.

Determining not to fulfill the order doesn't mean they won't keep your money. Open a dispute with PayPal and you'll get a real response from them.

What's more likely is WOWHD have neglected to cancel things their end.

Determining not to fulfill the order doesn't mean they won't keep your money. Open a dispute with PayPal and you'll get a real response from them.

Already open :)

Yes, I do feel like they should have rejected the payment and contacted me accordingly. Very much feels like they didn't want to follow through on their sale prices. There's a few users earlier in the thread who had their When They Cry Kai cancelled despite it coming back into stock, definitely some questionable business practices going on. I'd definitely put them into the category of everything's ok till it's not at this point.

you Guys seen the Blu forums on this ? about 50 pages or so plus all the people who had previously vouched for them are having problems

they have been nothing but trouble for me but import Cds has mostly been Fine .....

Yeah I've seen that, the site seems to be really good until you have a problem. I myself have never had any issues but others have. That's why I set up this thread so that people could discuss bargains and stuff, as well as issues with cancellations, payment issues etc.

Import CDs are responsible for shipping all my used Criterions from allyourmusic on eBay. They use the same packaging and take around the same time to arrive. They also have occasional discount codes on their website so I try and keep an eye on them when I can.

Back