Your controversial anime opinions.

In Spirited Away, Chihiro and her family are Americans from America.

A film studies professor told me this. I'm not quite convinced if I'm honest.

Personally I prefer Outlaw Star over Cowboy Bebop.
While I liked Spike,Ed, the visuals and soundtrack I feel like some of the episodes were too episodic for my taste and I thought Jet Black was a bland sidekick character.
I loved everyone in Outlaw Star especially Jim Hawking. Also the episodes were more fun and feels more fresh.
Both animes in my top 10 but personal enjoyment I prefer Outlaw Star.
Can't wait to get the Outlaw Star Blu Ray CE someday ^_^

The fact that they were chubby, and that in his opinion, the real world represented Americanisation and the bath house represented traditional Japan. But obviously the family are Japanese, I mean come on, he was reaching.

Gurren Lagann's ending is rather depressing. Took the shine off the series for me.

I agree. It felt kind of forced to me. Also one of the lines near the end made me chuckle, where one of them says something like "Simon can't do that, he's not a god". Sure, the man just chucked literal galaxies in a universe spanning mega robot that can evolve based on how hard he believes in himself, but no no, he's not a god. :D

the man just chucked literal galaxies in a universe spanning mega robot that can evolve based on how hard he believes in himself, but no no, he's not a god. :D
Yeah, I get the seeming contradiction, too. I like to believe, though, that what Simon is able to influence is the future. I thought that sentiment about how...
reviving the dead would only get in the way of the newer generations
... was really pretty powerful.
Gurren Lagann's ending is rather depressing.
Meh. You know how it is, dude: anime protagonists rarely if ever...
get the girl in the end.

I'm reckon I'm kinda hardened to that fact by now, so I personally really liked the ending.

Subaru is my favourite Re Zero character. Also, the first 3 episodes were the best in the series and the rest failed to live up to that...

Re:Zero is still the best simulcast experience for me, those cliff-hangers and not knowing if Subaru would have to reset again made it really enjoyable.

While I found a lot of Re Zero utterly frustrating, there was definitely some enjoyment in the simulcast experience and the fandom around it. Its probably a show that is a lot less enjoyable when binge-watched.

Back