MCM London Comic Con May 2017 --NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS--

Rumour was legal difficulties, then rumour was they were waiting until 3.33+1.11 had been released to even consider the original series. Don't get your hopes up about it appearing any time soon.

It's super complicated but nothing to do with 3.33+1.11 though, completely different issues. Really want it but folks will need to be patient I am afraid on that frontier :).

Will comment on rest in a bit but am exhausted now and have a business dinner to attend, speak soon!

AP

The 2 announcements from Anime Limited was nice but I am only interested in Hyouka. I have Wolf’s Rain: The Definitive Edition. Now I assume that has now lost it's value. I said 2 because we knew Erased was coming and I most likely will pick that up.

The Q&A section gave us some light I guess on future releases but I would have liked something more. Don't get me wrong it's good they are pushing the cinema releases, thats always nice to see.

All MVM and Universal releases don't interest me.

So...what about Manga/Animatsu did they even announce anything? Animatsu has some releases I still want to pick up and up coming titles, but thats unfortunate there was nothing mentioned.

So...what about Manga/Animatsu did they even announce anything? Animatsu has some releases I still want to pick up and up coming titles, but thats unfortunate there was nothing mentioned.

They had nothing to announce due to their focus on In This Corner of the World's theatrical release.

I'm going purely based on what Jeremy said yesterday, that currently it's ZZ, he's QCing it and a few other titles are in planning.

I was really hoping we might see Build Fighters this year.

Those Anime Limited announcements of Wolf's Rain & Hyouka were pretty surreal to me as until a few days ago I had been deliberating including them in a large import purchase alongside the likes of Kyousougiga, Sora no Woto and Nichijou. Honestly, my finger had hovered over the 'place order' button quite a few times before I decided against it, purely because I suspected AL would eventually licence the former, while the latter's July US release date might hold the entire package back. I must say it worked out shockingly in my favour.

That said, the biggest announcement of the show was MVM licencing Flip Flappers. As long as Sentai doesn't screw up the authoring or try to stick the entire set on one disk like they did with Shirobako, I'll be sure to pick it up alongside Girlish Number when they arrive over here.

I've also have noticed AL's licensing of currently airing titles has been pretty anaemic these last few seasons, at least compared to the first week acquisitions of previous years. I'd be curious to know if that's because increased competition, the spike in acquisition costs, or if they're trying to avoid taking risks on blind-buys that could turn out to be duds (although Fukumenkei Noise seems to run counter to that). I'd ask on their podcast but it seems to have died for the time being.

I was just happy that there were so many as of yet unreleased sets at the stall (especially the Book of Circus release, which lines up nicely with my Season 1/2 set). There's a lot of licences that still have releases to come so I'm satisfied with what was announced. Was nice meeting @anime_andrew at the stall as well.

Afternoon all!
So, I’ve been reading through this thread catching on things and I feel I should make a point here. For a couple of years Anime Limited have been announcing some titles WAY ahead of them actually being released; arguably way too early in some instances.

For example, some things we’ve announced a few years ahead of when it actually got released. We never want it work out that way, but sometimes it just does.

When it came to MCM last weekend, we actually announced a lot when you include the theatrical releases we have coming for the remainder of the year. It’s a different change in direction and being able to announce so many films coming to cinema is a very exciting prospect compared to only announcing home video releases, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t any more home video announcements to come. (There’s plenty in the pipeline; and a lot we simply can’t talk about yet.)

Sometimes the stars need to align to be able to announce stuff at a particular time and while I obviously can’t say what some things could have been, there were a couple of things I had hoped we might be able to announce that we ultimately didn’t have clearance to. This being either due to things not being fully signed off or that we simply couldn’t announce over the weekend.

(Side note: please don’t read into me using the word ‘ultimately’ just then. Genuinely not trying to hint at an ultimate edition or similar.)

If you feel disappointed by the lack of announcements on Sunday, I can’t change that. But know that I (let alone everyone else in the company) are trying to cut down lead times between announcing/revealing info and then the release itself being available.

It’s not going to change the fact there wasn’t news on stuff like Haruhi or Eureka Seven, I really wish there was news that could have been shared on either of those, but until things are signed off we’re not taking any chances - Anime Limited has been burned by that before; even before I joined the company.

I hope that helps clarify a few things. But I will close by saying this isn’t a popularity contest in my eyes. (That being said, MVM had some awesome announcements that I'm super excited about!) Do we wish we could have announced more stuff, yes. But are we happy with what we have announced, you bet we are. And in the grand scheme of things I hope you are too :)

Afternoon all!
So, I’ve been reading through this thread catching on things and I feel I should make a point here. For a couple of years Anime Limited have been announcing some titles WAY ahead of them actually being released; arguably way too early in some instances.

For example, some things we’ve announced a few years ahead of when it actually got released. We never want it work out that way, but sometimes it just does.

When it came to MCM last weekend, we actually announced a lot when you include the theatrical releases we have coming for the remainder of the year. It’s a different change in direction and being able to announce so many films coming to cinema is a very exciting prospect compared to only announcing home video releases, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t any more home video announcements to come. (There’s plenty in the pipeline; and a lot we simply can’t talk about yet.)

Sometimes the stars need to align to be able to announce stuff at a particular time and while I obviously can’t say what some things could have been, there were a couple of things I had hoped we might be able to announce that we ultimately didn’t have clearance to. This being either due to things not being fully signed off or that we simply couldn’t announce over the weekend.

(Side note: please don’t read into me using the word ‘ultimately’ just then. Genuinely not trying to hint at an ultimate edition or similar.)

If you feel disappointed by the lack of announcements on Sunday, I can’t change that. But know that I (let alone everyone else in the company) are trying to cut down lead times between announcing/revealing info and then the release itself being available.

It’s not going to change the fact there wasn’t news on stuff like Haruhi or Eureka Seven, I really wish there was news that could have been shared on either of those, but until things are signed off we’re not taking any chances - Anime Limited has been burned by that before; even before I joined the company.

I hope that helps clarify a few things. But I will close by saying this isn’t a popularity contest in my eyes. (That being said, MVM had some awesome announcements that I'm super excited about!) Do we wish we could have announced more stuff, yes. But are we happy with what we have announced, you bet we are. And in the grand scheme of things I hope you are too :)

It was great to see all the theatrical releases, and I plan to go if there are any weekend showings at the Vue cinema in Oxford. Work means the now usual Wednesday showing are not convenient. Why are these anime premieres always on Wednesdays?
(I'm hoping Nichijou is one of the things you can't talk about yet :).)

Afternoon all!

To be fair you announced a good amount for the weekend. I think it's because of the 2016 MCM events that everyone's expectations ended up being too high. Granted my expectation were rather mixed since I knew about the theatrical films ahead of schedule due to Launching Films leaking it (Genocidal Organ wasn't leaked thankfully) but nevertheless I'm excited that they're got official release dates and posters - heck you should make a special section on the All The Anime website dedicated to anime theatrical posters so that fans can drool over them or perhaps print them off so that they can put them on their walls or something.

As for the Sunday announcements, they were two strong titles and in these days a strong show is better than a couple mediocre ones to be honest. MVM still wins the weekend because of Initial D which blew my mind since I had never expected anyone to license the movie remake trilogy (Anime Limited's French branch did release them so I wondered if the UK branch would ever go for it). I do think it's important that you probably should have promoted a little more on the anime streaming side since you guys managed to get Anonymous Noise, Dragon's Dentist and Love Live! Sunshine up for the UK exclusively on Crunchyroll (Kiss Him Not Me - let's be honest that's never going to end up on there at this rate due to Crunchyroll's daftness). Promoting Miss Hokusai for iTunes was a nice touch. Anywho the point is, you guys have a pretty huge backlog for the time being and it's best to get through them before announcing another 13-15 more new additions every MCM.

One more thing, I bet you're disappointed nobody announced Tiger Mask W as a license announcement on your Birthday ;).

Cheers Jeremy, and a belated Happy Birthday! Good to hear there's plenty in the pipeline keeping you all busy :3

R

There's things announced last year and beyond that have yet to be released, you made the right call on holding things closer to your chest this time around, a tighter schedule allows for better momentum from announcement to release. Also, loving the push on theatrical stuff, keep it up!

I'm excited about the Wolf's Rain Collector's edition. Especially if it has this art as a wrap around.
9bf757a2ad0726edb67dabafc12d3de7.jpg

heck you should make a special section on the All The Anime website dedicated to anime theatrical posters so that fans can drool over them or perhaps print them off so that they can put them on their walls or something.
I'd love it if they could arrange for us to be able to buy the theatrical posters for the films they release. So far, I've only been able to acquire the Ordinal Scale one.

Back