PlayStation 2 Games Available on PS4 Thread (aka PS2 on PS4)

New Update

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) has been delayed, confirmed by Quantic Dream. The new release date is undetermined.

Cm2cBtOWcAASbAZ.jpg

UPDATE: It appears Square Enix also trademarked Shellshock: Nam '67. This was another PS2 title but was published by Eidos (which SE now owns).

New Update

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) has now got its Trophies released online (49 in total including a Platinum). The new release date is undetermined.

AE2.jpg

And after being left in limbo after having the games rated by the ESRB/PEGI, trophies for Ape Escape 2 have been released online (14 in total with no Platinum trophy). The release date is undetermined.

New Update

Legaia_2.jpg

Another PS2 game gets rated by PEGI - Legaia 2: Duel Saga

The game was published by Edios Interactive, who are now owned by Square Enix.

Main-list is updated.

Added this week is SNK's The King of Fighters 20000 for UK & European stores for £7.99. Better late than never I guess heh. This should mean we may also see Metal Slug Anthology at some point then.

Nothing new on the potential title front, just Ape Escape 3 and Legaia 2 left.

Main list updated.

New title that just got added this week is Everybody's Tennis, from the studio who worked on Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf series. The 2006/2007 PS2 game is available to download for £7.99.

In addition the Australian PSN store leaked the appearance of Rockstar's Red Dead Revolver. So we'll expect an appearance from that in the foreseeable future.

Main list updated.

Recent newly added titles have been Metal Slug Anthology (listed for £15.99) and Red Dead Revolver (listed for £11.99).

As for any upcoming titles, both instalments of Destroy All Humans! from the PlayStation 2 era have been rated from both PEGI and ESRB very recently.

Main list updated.

Recently newly added titles include the following:
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Destroy All Humans! 2
  • FU'UN SUPER COMBO
  • Red Faction
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN VI
It's worth noting that FU'UN SUPER COMBO is the first Japanese import for the PS2 on PS4 service, thanks to SNK. In addition SNK have also announced plans to bring ADK Damashii to the service in 2017, which offers 5 classic Neo Geo games; Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Ninja Master’s: Haō Ninpō Chō, Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, and Twinkle Star Sprites.

Two more ESRB ratings have shown up for the following games:

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition

Both have been released on the Japanese PlayStation store as a PS2 Classic for the PlayStation 3, but this isn't the first time that a JP only PS2 classic has turned up for the Western PS4 zones.

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland never came out in Europe originally but did hit the US so there is an English version. I'm certainly interested in buying both of these if they come to the service. Though I'm also heavily considering Stardew Valley right now also and one man can only farm so much lol

A bunch more ratings have been set for a select number of THQ Nordic titles:
  • Alter Echo
  • MX vs. ATV Unleashed - Wasn't released on PS2 Classics prior
  • MX vs. ATV Untamed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory - Wasn't released on PS2 Classics prior
  • Red Faction II
  • Stuntman: Ignition
  • Summoner
  • Summoner 2 - Wasn't released on PS2 Classics prior
A select number of them have been released on PS3 as PS2 Classics.

• Summoner 2 - Wasn't released on PS2 Classics prior

I remember this on the gamecube. Was a very fun game, and way better than the original summoner. If the price is right when this ends up on the store I'll prob pick this up.

Now if only Nintendo would push Gamecube games onto their virtual store.

I played a bit of Summoner 2 on PS2 few years back and it seemed pretty allright to me. I probably will eventually get it from sale.

New update.

Square Enix and Tri-Ace have announced plans to bring Star Ocean 3: Til the End of Time Director's Cut to the PlayStation 4 as a digital download title. Now you may ask, why is this news presented on this thread? Well it appears that this game is actually being run on the same emulator that Sony gave to other developers for the PS2 on PS4 initiative. Square Enix is also labelling this game under 'Ultimate Hits HD' so we could see more classic Square Enix PS2 games coming to PlayStation 4.

Just to remind you, here's some of the examples of games under Ultimate Hits:
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII International Edition
Drag-On Dragoon [Drakengard]
Drag-On Dragoon 2 [Drakengard 2]
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special [Fortune Street]
Dragon Quest: Shōnen Yangus to Fushigi no Dungeon
Front Mission 4
Front Mission 5: Scars of the War
Romancing SaGa
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Most of those titles did get European release but we never got Front Mission 4&5 so it would be pretty great if those get releases.

I'm hoping though that Square wont limit to those because there's several more games outside of those that we never got. Would be pretty sweet though if they ported and localized those never seen Dragon Quest games but i doubt that will be happening.

New update.

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT10_136965.jpg

A stealth release for the US PlayStation store. SNK's previously announced title ADK DAMASHII is now available for $14.99. This is the second Japanese import for PS2 on PS4.

It's a collection of games that was only available in Japan which is pretty neat. Also supports local 2 player.

Ganggang Kohshinkyoku (abbreviated ADK) is a one-on-one fighting arcade game that includes the ability to fight on multiple planes.
Ninja Master's: Haō Ninpō Chō is a ninja-themed one-on-one fighting game that allows players to switch between weapon-based and hand-to-hand fighting styles.
Ninja Combat is a 1991 side-scrolling action game and one of the earliest NEOGEO games and is also famous for its skill-based gameplay and high difficutly.
Ninja Commando is a top down, vertically scrolling run and gun arcade game that features a unique feature where special moves can be launched with specific fighting game-like command inputs.
Twinkle Star Sprites is a competitive scrolling shooter that combines elements of shoot-em-ups with puzzle game elements.

Back